Purchase of age restricted items while underage. Watch

This discussion is closed.
s+lky
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by JoeTSR)
To be honest, it's either them or someone else. Never said selling knives to kids was ok, just alcohol. Did you ever drink during your teenage years? Tbh, it's a victimless crime, if they want to destroy their brains, they'll find a way how no matter what you do. The shop assistant however, may have the rest of their life ruined by you wanting to have a bit of a giggle.

Pretty sure they take DNA, they do for most things, even if you're aquitted.

P.S. Sounds like you were starting to get a bit tetchy at the end of that post, did I hit a nerve?
sure i drank when i was a teenager.. that's not a crime.. purchasing it underage is.. there's a difference..

then they "ruined" there own lives as you've put it.. is it so difficult to ask for ID ? the law is there for a reason.. is not they wouldn't have it.. common sense..

well.. not really.. i just think your defending a crimminal and that's what they are at the end of they day.. i honestly don't understand your problem..

i'd research that DNA statement of yours.. i appreciate they do take it for certain crimes but i hardly think selling alcohol is on the same level as GBH or whatever the crime is the deems a sample of DNA.. i'm 99% they don't take it for selling underage kids drink..
SpacePatroFan189
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Pretty sure you're not allowed to bump threads this old but, yeah, I'm thinking of trying to buy some 18 DVDs (I turned 17 two months ago) - I bought a 12-rated DVD literally a fortnight before I turned 12 and a 15 when I was like thirteen :/
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by s+lky)
sure i drank when i was a teenager.. that's not a crime.. purchasing it underage is.. there's a difference..

then they "ruined" there own lives as you've put it.. is it so difficult to ask for ID ? the law is there for a reason.. is not they wouldn't have it.. common sense..

well.. not really.. i just think your defending a crimminal and that's what they are at the end of they day.. i honestly don't understand your problem..

i'd research that DNA statement of yours.. i appreciate they do take it for certain crimes but i hardly think selling alcohol is on the same level as GBH or whatever the crime is the deems a sample of DNA.. i'm 99% they don't take it for selling underage kids drink..
Please don't bump old threads.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (386)
37.22%
No - but I will (80)
7.71%
No - I don't want to (72)
6.94%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (499)
48.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed