Skinny and content or curvy and happy? Watch

Tuppenny
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm above the weight I'd like to be, but when I was very skinny I was very depressed and barely ate at all. I'd much rather be a bit bigger than my old size and happier :yep: Also, I have huge boobs this way!
Miss_Scarlett
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by fallen angel9)
Same. I used to be an 8. I'd like to go back to being one ideally. :woo:
Ditto.

I'm not displeased with my figure currently, but I think its always good to have aims.
loulie_*
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by a_t)

lol what do you like? You don't like bacom?
i like bacon, but not often, its too salty!

to be fair i dont really like fatty crappy ****

i like cooking proper food which hasn't been processed to high hell, and had a load of rubbish added to it :o:
Natasha_c
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
PS what is it with people who have a go at everyone who doesnt fit into their personal preference? This seems to happen alot on tsr, just because you find someone unattractive doesnt mean everyone does. I dont see what is so hard to understand about this? It would suck if everyone had the same tastes.
loulie_*
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Natasha_c)
PS what is it with people who have a go at everyone who doesnt fit into their personal preference? This seems to happen alot on tsr, just because you find someone unattractive doesnt mean everyone does. I dont see what is so hard to understand about this? It would suck if everyone had the same tastes.
I agree :yep:
everyones different, everyones tastes are different
Lauren__x
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Unhappy reallyyy thin [size 6].
Unhappy a little bit chub [size 12-14].
Unhappy normal [size 8-10].
I cant win :dontknow:
a_t
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by loulie_*)
i like bacon, but not often, its too salty!

to be fair i dont really like fatty crappy ****

i like cooking proper food which hasn't been processed to high hell, and had a load of rubbish added to it :o:
Ooh me too, I love cooking oriental stuff especially, ramen :coma: oh and stir fry, got so much veg and goodness I just use like 1 tbsp of oil and it works

I do go mcdonalds like once a month though :awesome:

touchofclass
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Syrokal)
Why cant they be skinny and happy?
This.

There seems to a current trend amongst some bigger people to stigmatise slim people as a kind of defense mechanism. Like "yeh they may be slim but they're just drones giving into societal pressure etc. and I'm sooo much happier and independent being the way I am"

Or they go to extremes: "Yeh I'd rather be the way I am than a stick thin anorexic".

Imo, people who are fat would probably be better off losing some weight, if only for health reasons, however if they're fine as they are then that's ok.

But to act like it's some sort of admirable social statement is misguided. If people are happy being bigger then that's fine, but I don't necessarily think they should act like it's something to be proud of or in any way makes them superior

Sorry bit a rant Obviously it's only a few that are like this!
Metropolis
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
once again

FAT IS NOT CURVY

you can be size 8 and curvy

topic should be "Skinny and content or fat and happy?"
loulie_*
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by a_t)
Ooh me too, I love cooking oriental stuff especially, ramen :coma: oh and stir fry, got so much veg and goodness I just use like 1 tbsp of oil and it works

I do go mcdonalds like once a month though :awesome:

lol that burgers MASSIVE! :eek:

tiny bit of oil and a splash of dark soy sauce, but the veg HAS to stay crunchy :yep:
loulie_*
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by touchofclass)
This.

There seems to a current trend amongst some bigger people to stigmatise slim people as a kind of defense mechanism. Like "yeh they may be slim but they're just drones giving into societal pressure etc. and I'm sooo much happier and independent being the way I am"

Or they go to extremes: "Yeh I'd rather be the way I am than a stick thin anorexic".

Imo, people who are fat would probably be better off losing some weight, if only for health reasons, however if they're fine as they are then that's ok.

But to act like it's some sort of admirable social statement is misguided. If people are happy being bigger then that's fine, but I don't necessarily think they should act like it's something to be proud of or in any way makes them superior

Sorry bit a rant Obviously it's only a few that are like this!
I agree!! I think you can be happy small and happy big, as long as your healthy then its okay
It is only a few bigger people who call thin people anorexic and stuff

I personally look terrible small, i'm tall and have a big chest no matter my size, so when i was small i just looked dwarfed by my boobs :p:
but yeah its all personal choice
Buckinghamshire
Report 9 years ago
I am pretty skinny i admit this, quite underweight but it kinda fits my "scene"(urgh that sounds soo pidgeonholing) and my music preference. But being skinny means I'm fit, healthy energetic and confident. what could be wrong with that!
Buckinghamshire
Report 9 years ago
oh and also, people seem to think that fat people are bubbly or cheerful and friendly compared to skinny people who are unhappy or nasty

THIS IS REALLY NOT THE CASE AT ALL
SkinnyKat
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ok, if the fat people are allowed to use the word "curvy" synonymously with "overweight", then can we skinny girls use "slim" instead? Just, the word "curvy" has more positive connotations than "skinny". Bias, much? No need to encourage obesity further.

By the way, most overweight people aren't curvy - they're round and lumpy. And sometimes wobbly.

I'm slim and curvy enough to be very happy. Not a stick insect; not Mr Blobby either. Guess I could do with bigger boobs, but they're in perfect proportion to the rest of my body, so can't really complain.

I'm sick of all the so called "curvy" girls looking down and making spiteful comments about "skinny" girls out of pure jealousy.
Wooga
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
Just Chocolate cake and Cola and pork chops and bacon then?
Pretty *****y comment seeing as though your not exactly skinny tbf :p:
Smtn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by vintage_007)
, am glad I've got a 'womanly' figure.
Some bodies are more womanly than others? Do you have an extra vagina?
username196545
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Wooga)
Pretty *****y comment seeing as though your not exactly skinny tbf :p:

So what am I exactly?
Ladipidoo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I want to be skinny and happy, plece. :puppyeyes:
acid8000
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Curvy is fine, thin is fine, fat is not. Don't pretend that disgusting rolls of fat are curves, thanks.
Irrelevance
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Are girls ever happy for more than a week? :sigh:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (329)
37.3%
No - but I will (71)
8.05%
No - I don't want to (63)
7.14%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (419)
47.51%

Watched Threads