The Monopoly TSR Alliance Watch

kflynn
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaara im in :awesome:. Its flynntoff btw.

also Africa is a good place to buy, plenty of streets, won't be particulary popular imo, that way we can stick together :yy:
AsystoleUK
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well count me in I'm TSRAsystole. Unfortunately last time I got to the game a bit late and a load of places were taken but I still picked up a few $1m roads. I'm going to take a nature trail near my village that I had last time. It fits around 100 houses, no exaggeration.

Do you guys recommend buying 1/2 $1m streets and building on them to try and get chance cards to protect them, or buy 3 $1m streets and run the risk of not being able to afford to protect them until midnight tonight when we get paid?
m:)ckel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm in. If it doesn't get taken, I'm gonna go under the alias "sneaky".

I have found some absolute gems in America. I'm slightly reluctant to reveal them, but I guess if anyone from here does pinch them before me, I'll know who you are. Heh. For now, I'll just give you the hint to look in Kansas, USA.

Another early favourite of mine was the North Circular Road, E17 (London). Costs 1M and is very long. I believe there are 3 parts to the North Circular Road on the game, so if TSR can get them all it will be good.

Final street tips from me: I know you said to restrict to 1M streets only, but I quite like Sullivan Dr NW (Washington) at 797K and Stone Dr NW, which is right next to it and is 1M. In fact, the whole Tacoma, Washington region in the USA is handy for mid-range, good value streets. It's also very quiet so don't expect there to be much competition for streets.
kflynn
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
so basically what we are doing, is trying to find an specific area, where we can all purches streets. The streets should cost 1M, or very close to it. We don't want to buy any streets that are close to other 1M steets, and the street we buy should be long. The longer the better = more property = more money generation. :yy:
Gaara.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Added and good ideas.
Asystole, you can by cheap streets if you want to get chance cards for your main streets :borat:
Gaara.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by kflynn)
so basically what we are doing, is trying to find an specific area, where we can all purches streets. The streets should cost 1M, or very close to it. We don't want to buy any streets that are close to other 1M steets, and the street we buy should be long. The longer the better = more property = more money generation. :yy:
Yep :yy:
philip67
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
wow people have appeared to have brought the entire world!
m:)ckel
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Do you think it would be best to buy 3x1M streets and leave it for the day (thus securing 3 good streets to start with) or 2x1M and use the remaining 1M for building greenhouses (which implies more rent on those 2 streets + a few chance cards)?
kflynn
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by m:)ckel)
Do you think it would be best to buy 3x1M streets and leave it for the day (thus securing 3 good streets to start with) or 2x1M and use the remaining 1M for building greenhouses (which implies more rent on those 2 streets + a few chance cards)?
the later seems better.
philip67
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
TSRPhilE is my username
so hold on, it resets and restarts at 3pm GMT today?! Im with ya!
claireythepinkfairy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
o prepare for the restart, we will be taking down the game on THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 17 at 15:00 GMT. We anticipate that the game will be down for 12 to 24 hours as we reset and test the game. When the site comes back live, the game will restart.
This is from the blog, does that mean it probably won't reset until Friday?
afc_22
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
theres probably going to be a bunch of nerds staying up all night mashing F5 until they finally manage to get on at 5am to buy their 3 ****** streets lol

i think il wait for tommorow morning..
MikeL230
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by m:)ckel)
I'm just buying 1 1m street

Then i can build 2m of buildings on it. And buy another street the next day.
Aeon Prince
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Have they stopped people from making multiple accounts to they cant spam the system?
Yawn-er
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm in. My former username was hijacked. -_- So I'm going to come up with a random one... umm...

[email protected]

Yeah. Hopefully, I can use the @ symbol. If not... I'll just put a number there. Must take precautions now!

And, my recommendation = random places in Germany/Holland/Switzerland/Sweden.. there are ridiculously long roads there that only cost a million. I tried to find streets in Africa. Really long ones and stuff, but for some reason the servers couldn't list them as 'available streets'. Hopefully it'll be different now...
CombineHarvester
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by kflynn)
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaara im in :awesome:. Its flynntoff btw.

also Africa is a good place to buy, plenty of streets, won't be particulary popular imo, that way we can stick together :yy:
The thing is, it's so difficult to actually find a road that is available to buy in Africa. 99.9% are just blank so you can't buy any.
Joy Division
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Where are we gonna buy then? it's nearly 3pm...
MikeL230
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's resetting. You have to wait until after the reset.

Just an idea peoples:

Make 4 accounts, buy up 1m streets on all of them except one when you buy 1 1m street.

So then you have 10 1m streets when you need them :awesome:
Tucking Fypo
Badges: 3
Report 9 years ago
How do you make an account? lmao
timmo541
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
wtf its 3:30 and it still lets me sign in
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (269)
38.48%
No - but I will (48)
6.87%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.3%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (331)
47.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise