Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I give them as much attention as I can - until I feel like I am being unreasonably clingy/they don't like me in the same way/there's no potential for a mutual liking.

ReputationRep:
    I do this, but only because the relationship is going nowhere and I don't want to get my hopes up, so to speak.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    Yeah, it's why I've ignored your mum all this time :awesome:
    Wow I didn't know you were a chick! You need a profile picture.

(Original post by ~GET.CAPE.GET RAPED.FLY~)
    Naughty boy, I have ignored yours too. :ahee:
    Roflmao at your name! :rofl: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    women. :rolleyes:

what, my gf did this for 18 months to me....

(Original post by amiparanoid)
    women. :rolleyes:

what, my gf did this for 18 months to me....
    Boys do it too says this thread :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    All the time.

ReputationRep:
    thats what i do when i really really like someone its not like i'm rude to them, i just pretend not to be that interested haha its so damn stupid though now that i think about it :o: but i'm so afraid of rejection so whatever.. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm it depends. If I meet a guy and hit it off straightaway, talking with him etc, then I feel way more at ease and don't want to ignore him. If I just see him and think he's good-looking or am hanging out with him in a group, then I ignore him. I'm strange :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Yes. It doesn't seem to work and I can't seem to stop. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AbsintheFairy)
    Exactly.

I often blank people I like. And talk completely naturally to guys I just wanna be friends with (which has sometimes led to misunderstandings).
    Omg :yes: i do this all the time, like almost everyday...sometimes i try to just think of them as mates then it kind of stops you from ignoring them....trust me it helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twihard!)
    Omg :yes: i do this all the time, like almost everyday...sometimes i try to just think of them as mates then it kind of stops you from ignoring them....trust me it helps!
    Lol, I might try to take your advice! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I ignored this guy all the time and now he is ignoring me lol
    I think we both have reached an understanding!!! Trust me it doesn't help, I just don't have the courage to talk to him even when he talks to me I just look at him!

ReputationRep:
    Yup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amritok)
    I ignored this guy all the time and now he is ignoring me lol
    I think we both have reached an understanding!!! Trust me it doesn't help, I just don't have the courage to talk to him even when he talks to me I just look at him!
    practice makes perfect

ReputationRep:
    Sadly im the opposite. I come accross as very shy around guys I just want to be friends with and I came accross as too enthusiastic with the guy I liked.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 12, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.