Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    'Don't cry because its over. Smile because it happened.'- Dr Seuss

ReputationRep:
    “Women marry men hoping they will change. Men marry women hoping they will not. So each is inevitably disappointed.” - Albert Einstein

ReputationRep:
    "To die will be an awfully big adventure"

Peter Pan.

ReputationRep:
    'Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold'

Maurice Setter

ReputationRep:
    By all means let's be open minded, but not so open minded that our brains drop out.
    - Richard Dawkins
    I think thats a good one =)

ReputationRep:
    nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man'scharacter give him power

the basic tool for the manipulation of of reality is the manipulation of words, if you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who use them

man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the enrails of the last priest

religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise as ofcourse wise and by the ruler as useful

ReputationRep:
    Stalin said it best:

"One death is a tragedy; one million is a statistic."

ReputationRep:
    "'We got around to the subject of war again and I said that, contrary to his attitude, I did not think the common people are very thankful for leaders who bring them war and destruction'
    'Why, of course, the people don't want war' Goering shrugged. 'Why would some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece. Naturally, the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England nor in America, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether is a Democracy or a Fascist Dictatorship or a Parliament or a Communist Dictatorship.'
    'There is one difference,' I pointed out. 'In a democracy the people have some say in the matter through their elected representatives, and in the United States only Congress can declare war'
    'Oh that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of their leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.'"
    -Hermann Göring, second in command of the Nazi party; said during the Nuremburg trials after the war.

ReputationRep:
    Women

"Treat them mean, keep them keen"

ReputationRep:
    Men: can't live with 'em.

No, that's it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thatcher)
    "All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves." - Bill Hicks
    I like this one. It's cool that it wasn't said by somekind of a spiritual freak, but a guy who smoked like billion ciggaretes a year.

ReputationRep:
    Mine is

-God does not make mistakes.
    -I don't know... Putting testicles on the outside doesn't seem like such a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    The one in my sig, the one in English :p:
    It was always something to say back to my very psychotic IT teacher who raved on about consistency (but that wasn't the reason why I thought he was nuts).

ReputationRep:
    "If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best" - Marilyn Monroe

ReputationRep:
    "My life is a very complex drinking game".

Or anything by Homer Simpsons, its all good

ReputationRep:
    " I'm having a bad day, I'm sick of people trying to shoot me, run me over and blow me up!!!!!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yusef Badi)
    Or the more common "Failing to plan is planning to fail"
    So technically i would be planning? lol

ReputationRep:
    "Worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum" - Baz Luhrmann
    "I had a choice; I could slink off the runway and let my inner model die in shame, or I could pick myself up - flaws and all - and finish. And that's just what I did, because when real people fall down in life, they get right back up and keep on walking." - Carrie Bradshaw
    "The world has teeth and it can bite you with them anytime it wants" - Stephen King
    "Growing up isn't about making the right decisions, it's about dealing with the decisions you've made" - Ignacio Suarez!

Pasted from facebook :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Ooh and also "If it's worth having it's worth fighting for"

ReputationRep:
    Because I'm watching it at the moment, apologies for the length (hur, hur)

I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's a depression. Everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel's worth; banks are going bust; shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter; punks are running wild in the street, and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it.

We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat. And we sit watching our TVs while some local newscaster tells us that today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that's the way it's supposed to be!

We all know things are bad -- worse than bad -- they're crazy.

It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out any more. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we're living in is getting smaller, and all we say is, "Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials, and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone."

Well, I'm not going to leave you alone.

I want you to get mad!

I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot. I don't want you to write to your Congressman, because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street.

All I know is that first, you've got to get mad.

You've gotta say, "I'm a human being, goddammit! My life has value!"

So, I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window, open it, and stick your head out and yell,

"I'm as mad as hell,

and I'm not going to take this anymore!!"

Network

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.