Turn on thread page Beta

I 'slept with' someone from my halls last night watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)

It takes 2 people to have sex. For every girl out there pulling, there is a guy. Equal numbers of males and females have (heterosexual) sex each night.

What about threesomes man? What about threesomes?

*recedes back into the darkness*

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure I've discussed this before with someone on here.

I don't buy that argument one bit. If I really wanted to, I could go out to a nightclub and, provided I wasn't too picky, take home a girl maybe 9 times out of 10. But I don't, because I'm not a complete ******. You probably could to, provided you are reasonably decent looking and confident.

This idea that girls get it every time they like is a complete myth.

It takes 2 people to have sex. For every girl out there pulling, there is a guy. Equal numbers of males and females have (heterosexual) sex each night.

I have heard this stuff about girls being looked down upon so much, yet I don't know anyone who does this looking down. Some of my female friends have slept with 12-15 guys in the last 4 years, and we may make jokes about it to them, but we don't think they're ****s, and it wouldn't put it off dating them. (20-30 guys and it might)

Women of the world, throw off your shackles (within moderation). No-one will think you're a ****. If a guy does, it's just because he's jealous that you didn't sleep with him instead. If a girl does, it's because she wanted to sleep with that guy.
    You don't know who does this looking down? Come on, just look at this thread, just look at TSR, it's a pretty good representation. I agree with you completely that women shouldn't have to put up with people degrading them if they want to have sex, but unfortunately that's what happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missygeorgia)
    Personal opinion or not, it's pretty sexist. It takes two people to have sex, yet you'd think less of the girl? Are the double standards escaping you?
    NO, i certainly wouldn't expect her to want to have a relationship with me either!

Quite frankly, having sex with a stranger after a night out, as much as we love it (boys love it and girls love it), isn't the most respectable activity. If i want to be in a relationship, it will be something more than: "oh i met her in a club and ****** her before I even knew her name".

Also, if you bothered to read my post I didn't rule it out, but that someone would have to be pretty special.

ReputationRep:
    You don't know who does this looking down? Come on, just look at this thread, just look at TSR, it's a pretty good representation. I agree with you completely that women shouldn't have to put up with people degrading them if they want to have sex, but unfortunately that's what happens.
    I don't know anyone in real life who looks down on girls with a normal libido. You really shouldn't let idiot's comments on TSR bother you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neo)
    OMG you total sl*t! that is the worst thing i've ever heard of happening. God will judge you and send you straight to the gates of hell for your heinous actions.
    You know every three seconds a child in the third world dies of starvation? You know that the trash-lorry eats better than 30% of the entire world's population? You know that across the world people are forbidden to express their views, their sexualities, their religious beliefs?

Get some perspective, you tool.

ReputationRep:
    It'll be awkward because he lives in your halls. . .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnytheFox)
    I don't even think it's that. For many males, sex is the holy grail. If they can get it from a girl without having to court and date and buy her nice presents, they have no reason at all to then pursue a relationship with that girl.
    hmmm thats ********. if a guy cant get sex from a girl without dating her and buying her presents, he quickly gets bored and moves on to another easier girl

ReputationRep:
    Was it good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    You don't really know what he's after but it isn't a great sign he slept with you then got up, walked out and went back to his room right after. I'm under the impression if a guy wanted anything more than sex he'd stay at least for a while after.
    This:yes: ]
    Although, exceptions come our ways sometimes. So, see how it gets after here and let us know..

ReputationRep:
    You Should Change Your FaceBook Status to "In A Relationship", See What He Says to That.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know anyone in real life who looks down on girls with a normal libido. You really shouldn't let idiot's comments on TSR bother you.
    I know plenty of people in real life who do, that's what bothers me. Our society is hugely against girls who sleep around. Just the fact that there's such a wide array of demeaning words to describe sexually liberated girls, and that these words are used so frequently, shows this. I know so many people who, without really thinking about it, would call a girl who had a one night stand a slut, or who wouldn't go out with a girl who had more than 10 sexual partners or something. I'm glad that you and people you know have an enightened view on the matter but sadly it's certainly not the case for everyone.

ReputationRep:
    Slut

ReputationRep:
    The fact that he left straight after and didn't stay the night suggests that he's not interested in taking it further. But as someone has mentioned above, there are exceptions to the rule. Just play it cool and don't chase him, if you do really like him you could always ask him out for a drink in a few days time. Hope it all goes well, but if not, try not to dwell on it and move on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonoDrew)
    You know every three seconds a child in the third world dies of starvation? You know that the trash-lorry eats better than 30% of the entire world's population? You know that across the world people are forbidden to express their views, their sexualities, their religious beliefs?

Get some perspective, you tool.
    Get a sarcasm detector, you hand-held drill with self-advancing bit.

ReputationRep:
    while i don't expect the girl to be some sort of virgin mary

..if i were looking for a relationship (not one night stand) it would put me off somewhat to learn casual sex is one of her hobbies.

ReputationRep:
    I know plenty of people in real life who do, that's what bothers me. Our society is hugely against girls who sleep around. Just the fact that there's such a wide array of demeaning words to describe sexually liberated girls, and that these words are used so frequently, shows this. I know so many people who, without really thinking about it, would call a girl who had a one night stand a slut, or who wouldn't go out with a girl who had more than 10 sexual partners or something. I'm glad that you and people you know have an enightened view on the matter but sadly it's certainly not the case for everyone.
    It's probably just an age thing. We're now in our mid 20s whereas you're a 1st year (?).

Once you get to my age, and you've done things with girls you'd never heard of when you left for uni (you also realise that the majority of girls are more adventurous in bed than you ever gave them credit for) you start to become less judgemental about other peoples sexual habits.

ReputationRep:
    You really don't want to come off as dead obsessed and clingy either. Have a few drinks with him and try and break the ice about the subject. I know people here are saying that because you've already slept with then he won't want a relationship but that can be a load of rubbish. My most serious relationship started with a one night stand and then we were inseparable after that. So yeah, pluck up the courage and ask him if we would like to go the cinema etc and see what he says. If you don't ask then you'll never know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweet_pea)
    You really don't want to come off as dead obsessed and clingy either. Have a few drinks with him and try and break the ice about the subject. I know people here are saying that because you've already slept with then he won't want a relationship but that can be a load of rubbish. My most serious relationship started with a one night stand and then we were inseparable after that. So yeah, pluck up the courage and ask him if we would like to go the cinema etc and see what he says. If you don't ask then you'll never know.
    I think 95% of relationships at uni start with a series of one night stands, followed by the "So... are we going out?" talk after the 3rd or 4th time.

ReputationRep:
    It's probably just an age thing. We're now in our mid 20s whereas you're a 1st year (?).

Once you get to my age, and you've done things with girls you'd never heard of when you left for uni (you also realise that the majority of girls are more adventurous in bed than you ever gave them credit for) you start to become less judgemental about other peoples sexual habits.
    Possibly. It probably correlates with maturity levels to an extent. It's just such a shame that women have to put up with such backward thinking. The media has a big part to play too imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ......?)
    So you're going to go for the girls that don't sleep with you?
    myself, yes. But I'm one lad, and we all think differently

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 12, 2009
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.