Geography/Geology Applications/Offers/Discussion 2010 Watch

jimber
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by taheki)
No.. I was told that you only get to do it if you're doing well anyway. So if I'm at that point, it will get offered to me anyway and i could choose to do it then. Likewise, you can upgrade do the 4 year Master's course if you're doing well enough, apparently.

Tbh I didn't really look into it.. it's always been my intention to do a Bsc first then do a 1 year Master's in something more specific.
I think you can get on it through doing well in general course but if you apply for a year abroad you have a much higher chance. Ah fair enough I don't know too much about geology so just applied for 4 year masters. I'm not even 100% I want to do geology, which is part of reason I chose deferred entry.
fifi192
Report 9 years ago
Yey!! I got an offer from Nottingham this afternoon :woo: was really surprised, was expecting them to take a lot longer!!
boggybop
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Wooo!! I got a conditional offer from Nottingham for BSc Geography! :woo:
laurenlodge
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yayy, congrats guys!
fifi192
Report 9 years ago
[QUOTE=boggybop]Wooo!! I got a conditional offer from Nottingham for BSc Geography! :woo:[/QUOTE

Wow that's funny, they must have just started giving them out or decided on a load at once or something! I would be happy to go there too so it's all good!
fifi192
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by lozz2601)
Yayy, congrats guys!
Thanks kind of an equivalent to your Southampton one guess! I thought it looked really nice down there, emphasis being on down, it just was a bit too far for me lol
themango
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by boggybop)
(Original post by fifi192)
Yey!! I got an offer from Nottingham this afternoon :woo: was really surprised, was expecting them to take a lot longer!!
Well done!!
When did you send your forms off?
themango
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Actually I just got an unconditional offer from Nottingham too!
boggybop
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by fifi192)
(Original post by boggybop)
Wow that's funny, they must have just started giving them out or decided on a load at once or something! I would be happy to go there too so it's all good!
Yeah maybe they sent a load out once, I applied on the 7th, and it said the offer came on the 27th, so maybe they try and turn them around in 20 days or something. :confused:

It's my first offer as well!
laurenlodge
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just decided to randomley check track; have an offer from birmingham!
me_richard_
Report 9 years ago
well done ppl on their offers.

I've got unconditionals from Nottingham and Birmingham so far.

I've gone for LSE but noticed it isn't a very mainstream choice for geography on here. What do ppl think?
alex0723
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by me_richard_)

I've gone for LSE but noticed it isn't a very mainstream choice for geography on here. What do ppl think?

I would love to go to LSE, but I live in London so I have just ruled out all London university's.
laurenlodge
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by me_richard_)
well done ppl on their offers.

I've got unconditionals from Nottingham and Birmingham so far.

congrats!!

I didn't really want to live in London (well I did, but £) - plus it's a bit too close to home for my liking.
Even so though, I probably would have gone for UCL over LSE - and I like the human stuff!
Soya
Report 9 years ago
Just got an offer from Sussex.
ABB.
Two done which is nice
ozi193
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
applied to geography Bsc...

Southampton - got an offer of AAB
UCL- rejected me...
Bristol- waiting for reply
Durham- " "

P.S. I heard all the admission tutors @ Durham were getting together this week to go through the first lot of applications...so an1 who applied to durham could get a reply soon....

...it came from a reliable source btw
me_richard_
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ozi193)
applied to geography Bsc...

Southampton - got an offer of AAB
UCL- rejected me...
Bristol- waiting for reply
Durham- " "

P.S. I heard all the admission tutors @ Durham were getting together this week to go through the first lot of applications...so an1 who applied to durham could get a reply soon....

...it came from a reliable source btw

unlucky on UCL, what did the decision letter say was the reason for the rejection?

sounds good on Durham, though they normally wait till january/february to make most of the decisions once they've got all the applications in and I think this might just be an early eliminination, though hope not lol.
arkbar
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Durham take ages to do anything, I didn't get my offer until February, so don't fret if you haven't got one for a while, lots of people haven't even applied yet.
fifi192
Report 9 years ago
It so annoying how long Durham take! I wouldn't mind except it's probably my first choice so its gonna be terrible waiting that long! I thought LSE looked a good choice for geography, I just wasn't interested in moving to London full stop
laurenlodge
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ahhh just got an offer from Exeter!!
Charli92
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by lozz2601)
Ahhh just got an offer from Exeter!!
Well done!!! What were your conditions?

Oh my gosh im so annoyed, mine hasnt even been sent of yet i gave it in 3 weeks ago!
I hate my college
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1618)
79.12%
Leave (427)
20.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise