Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam656)
    That's because it's the strongest. it's not good for your skin or andrenal glands.

I get it on my knuckles and i'm a boxer, I use betno 0.1 when its bad otherwise i just use aqu every night and it keeps it at bay.
    Yeah, but personally I only needed to apply it once and the eczema cleared up. I'd imagine your skin is better off having to apply it once every month or so, than battling on with a weaker one which takes ages to clear it up. When mine flared up I got mixed up and asked the doctor for betnovate, and even though I didn't moisturise as much as I should even with plenty of applications of betno the eczema doesnt really go away

ReputationRep:
    I used elidel on mine. Was able to get rid of it in a few weeks. Ask a dermatologist about it. You can get it in any local or online pharmacy like Pharmacy Overnight. Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucyyy)
    It's actually cheaper in Boots if you're a poor soul who has to pay for their prescriptions http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...milies/emo.gif
    Aaah yes but you can only buy 15g tubes in boots but you can get prescriptions for larger volumes from your doctor. Though I have been living off those 15g tubes since GSK first starting promoting it in the UK. Eumovate ftw! Hc45 is fail lolololol.

ReputationRep:
    I have stress related eczema, and in the past I have been covered in it from head to foot! I would say aqueous cream and double base are really good for stopping your skin from getting too dry, but if your eczema is inflamed and itchy I find it can make it worse!

I use 1% hydrocortisone on my face (I know you're not really supposed to..) and betamethasone valerate everywhere else, I think that is either the same as, or similar to betnovate?

Otherwise just be really careful with what shower and bath products you use, and try and cut down E numbers in your diet as most are known to flare up eczema.

hydrocortizone for when it gets bad and i swear by diprobase as a daily moisturiser, that stuff is amazing.

also, E45 does jack all. my skin doesn't even absorb it, it just sits there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amyh123)
    I have stress related eczema, and in the past I have been covered in it from head to foot! I would say aqueous cream and double base are really good for stopping your skin from getting too dry, but if your eczema is inflamed and itchy I find it can make it worse!

I use 1% hydrocortisone on my face (I know you're not really supposed to..) and betamethasone valerate everywhere else, I think that is either the same as, or similar to betnovate?

Otherwise just be really careful with what shower and bath products you use, and try and cut down E numbers in your diet as most are known to flare up eczema.
    Yeh I really wouldn't use hydrocortisone on your face...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    Have you tried Betnovate?
    I have this and its amazing for my eczema. Takes a while to absorb, and you need a prescription from your doctor for it, but it really is brilliant stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried purepotions skin salvation? works a treat and it's natural. get it online from their website

ReputationRep:
    My ex bf has the worst eczema i've ever seen, and is on steroid TABLETS and immunosuppressants.

Depending on how bad your eczema is, steroid creams, or I agree, dream cream from lush works wonders. Go read the reviews.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 7, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.