Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)

Besides global warming caused by CO2 isn't real. It's just part of a cycle, there's been multiple ice ages and heat waves without human intervention just nature.
    Holy crap seriously!? Oh thank goodness for that. You better ring up all those scientists then, let them know the good news, they will be super relieved I'm sure! They can stop looking for green energy and go back to making mutants and super-computers and whatever else scientists do. Hey, you might even win a Nobel Prize for your amazing discovery, how cool would that be!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Kiwiguy)
    yeah, but the whole world isnt in agreement, that's the point. It's all very well the UK making these grand announcements about things that we are going to do and what savings we are going to make, but if we reduce our carbon emissions, and add ANOTHER tax to our citizens, whilst the US, india and china each have an increase, even if it's slight, whats the point?

yeah we may hold the moral high ground, but china and india dont seem to give two ***** about that.. So what have we gained?
    China just built the biggest hydro-electric dam in the world - i don't think that is total neglect. The UK policy does have an impact on EU policy, and i think it does (and will) pressure china into reducing carbon emissions once it is fully modernised. In the meantime its quite hard to argue that it should just...stop growing.

Green taxes don't really slow economic growth - they just reduce choice. (i.e. force people to switch from 4x4s to normal cars). Active investment in green policies would be the cause of any reduced economic growth.

I'm a big fan of reducing our reliance on oil generally, independent of global warming. What we will have gained is a more stable and sustainable economy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A is for Awesome)
    Holy crap seriously!? Oh thank goodness for that. You better ring up all those scientists then, let them know the good news, they will be super relieved I'm sure! They can stop looking for green energy and go back to making mutants and super-computers and whatever else scientists do. Hey, you might even win a Nobel Prize for your amazing discovery, how cool would that be!
    I didn't discover anything idiot. And lol mutants?!? You need to lay off the video games boy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttime)
    Green taxes don't really slow economic growth - they just reduce choice. (i.e. force people to switch from 4x4s to normal cars). Active investment in green policies would be the cause of any reduced economic growth.
    How can you seriously say that more tax is this country is a good thing?

The middle class, if i can use that term, in this country has been squeezed mre and more and more by this labour goverment... We dont need another tax increase, which wont be put to any good use...

ReputationRep:
    Anything that scares little kid is good by me. But seriously it's an advert they are not suppose to be too long, so fitting in all the facts would be impossible.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Kiwiguy)
    How can you seriously say that more tax is this country is a good thing?

The middle class, if i can use that term, in this country has been squeezed mre and more and more by this labour goverment... We dont need another tax increase, which wont be put to any good use...
    You can - any denial of social stratification would be ludicrous.

Green taxes are not a tax on the middle class. They are a tax on things that ruin the air around us which is something that should be paid for.

There is nothing wrong with incentivizing energy efficiency - the long term benefits outweigh the short term loss of choice.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.