Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I signed up years ago.

They can have every single part of me it will help someone live. They are just gonna get burned to ash if they stay with me.

I actually feel bad about dying of old age because my organs will be useless by then.

ReputationRep:
    Ive always wanted my organs to be donated, they're not much use when we're six feet under, i cant say i feel any particular affection for them atm but yeah... take what you want when im gone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cardine92)
    Afaik, paramedics are not allowed to pronounce someone dead. And since here we have the NHS they certainly wouldn't be doing it for the money :p:

edit: + I love Tim Minchin

Ah, that is very interesting. Good to know, for sure. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheNack)
    As far as I know, the only part they can use is the cornea, so its not like someone will be walking round after you're gone with your complete eye.
    Isn't that what I just said?!

ReputationRep:
    My Grandad signed the form wrong.. he wanted everything but his eyes to be donated. But they only took his eyes

ReputationRep:
    I just said they can take anything. When you're dead, you're not going to care, and if it helps save other peoples lives, then they can have them. If I fell ill and needed a new liver or anything I would be accept one no matter what so it should work the other way round too. As long as my body is left intact for the funeral then it's fine by me.

ReputationRep:
    I have to say... I do find it creepy
    I'm not religious at all but I just find the idea of me being in other people weird.
    Also, its slightly disconcerting to think that other people have a vested interest in my death now.

ReputationRep:
    In the Uk Paramedic are allowed to pronounce someone dead. Google JRCALC recognition of life extinct and you can confirm this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studentboi)
    In the Uk Paramedic are allowed to pronounce someone dead. Google JRCALC recognition of life extinct and you can confirm this
    To be fair, if a patient meets any of the criteria under which a paramedic is allowed to pronounce them dead, they're not going to be suitable for organ donation anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lastplace)
    Good on you.

I'm on the register for everything. I dont imagine I'll need any of it when I'm gone.
    my thoughts too. i wount need them and if i can do some good then i dont see why i shouldnt try

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.