Who likes sushi? Watch

icn06
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Oh I love sushi...all types yummm! Something about that seaweed wrap is so tasty.
Phyos
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by maxfire)
I ******* love it. I don't know if it's a cliché, but there is a surprisingly large amount of people who hate it.

When I mention that sushi is one of my favourite foods, the majority of people come out with: 'Ew...but you know it's raw fish', like this very fact would put me off eating the food I love.

Just interested to see...
I really, really, really hate it. Granted, I don't like most cooked fish or tuna but I've tried all kinds of sushi (eel, california roll, cucumber roll) and found it completely unappealing and disgusting.

I do like most seafood though.
94_confessions
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by AmiiRainbow)
agreed!

the one from m&s is... :drool:
I haven't tried it, the one from Wasabi :coma:.
jeh_jeh
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Uh, this thread is giving me pregnant woman style cravings! I'm currently in Italy, and although the place is famous for its food, there's really only so much pasta, pizza and gelato one girl can handle before she starts craving Japanese again! There's a conveyor belt place in the local shopping centre's food court, though, actually, although it gets stupidly busy, so I might see if I can't drag my lazy self out of bed and be there for noon tomorrow. Maybe it'll help appease the gods of craving that are currently ravishing my body...
NatalieMT
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I had Selfridges sushi and Kaiso salad for dinner last night, cost me nearly £15 but it was SO worth it. I also live near an amazing, independent sushi bar - it's awesome, so much better than Yo Sushi or any generic counterparts. You can read about it here - http://www.thesushibarchester.com/. If anyone lives close-ish I really suggest you go! My Dad owns a site in Japan, has spent a lot of time there and says the food seems as close to authentic as possible whilst still appealing to the British. Granted though they have cleverly selected the range on offer.

I don't really like M&S sushi - the rice seems all wrong, it's too dry, too firm and it doesn't have the right taste.
xoxo_GossipGirl
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Mmm love sushi, not a fan of Sashimi though, although to be honest I haven't tried much, only the salmon, and I'm not a fan of salmon cooked or raw. Love veggie sushi too with lots of soy sauce and wasabi. So gutted there's no Japanese restaurants near me!
jeh_jeh
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I had all-you-can-eat conveyor belt sushi for 9,90€ today - in ITALY, of all places! - and it was pretty good!
sunpsychedelic
Report 8 years ago
Lurvee it!
calligraphy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
LOVEEEEEEEEEE sushi!!
LinzyLoo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Gahhhhhhhhhh, people! Like a few other people have said... SUSHI IS NOT RAW FISH!

It is vinegar rice with a topping (or filling). Could be any vegetable, fish, egg or anything else really. For example kappa maki - cucumber "roll" or tamago nigiri - sweet omlette on rice base.

It is tasty though I wouldn't say I ever crave it, it's not THAT good. I think people actually just like being able to say they love it, like it makes them a bit more sophisticated or something. Vegan sushi = yum though :drool:

Best sushi I ever had was in Miami. It was so good I took a picture!

Kätzchen
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Addicted to the stuff. Yum.
jeh_jeh
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by LinzyLoo)
I think people actually just like being able to say they love it, like it makes them a bit more sophisticated or something.
People can crave chocolate, can't they? Your body can't tell if something's "sophisticated", or not - it just knows if it likes it a lot, or not... and mine happens to! :yep:
Xica Da Silva
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I love sushi.. I've started making it at home using cooked fish yummy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (154)
27.55%
No (405)
72.45%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise