Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    okay i have no life haha!

Well i have just put into the calcualtor what my household income is roughly ...from a figure i sort of remember my dad telling me.....then i put in even less like 10k less and it still appears im not eligible for a grant or a bigger maintainence loan so maybe i have made the right decision going non income assessed!

It's really weird that I am going to be paid over £1000 on 4/10/2010...straight into my bank account! :O it was so simple to get that much money haha! okay no I'm happier lmao! and now im going to get some beauty sleep!....make sure you read my essay earlier on! I like having a one way convo with myself as you can see! night

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by binkibonko)
    okay i have no life haha!

Well i have just put into the calcualtor what my household income is roughly ...from a figure i sort of remember my dad telling me.....then i put in even less like 10k less and it still appears im not eligible for a grant or a bigger maintainence loan so maybe i have made the right decision going non income assessed!

It's really weird that I am going to be paid over £1000 on 4/10/2010...straight into my bank account! :O it was so simple to get that much money haha! okay no I'm happier lmao! and now im going to get some beauty sleep!....make sure you read my essay earlier on! I like having a one way convo with myself as you can see! night
    You do make me laugh!
    No worries about the essay, i really don't mind and besides it's good to get to know a bit about someone i could be on the same course at uni, which just happens to be 5ish hours away!! Lol sounds like your summer is going to be pretty jam packed...I'm well jealous about the festivals, i've never been and probably won't this year because of funds etc. never mind, maybe the ol' student loan could stretch to a festival?! :P or not lol! I'm off to Spain for just over 2 weeks with the parents and my best friend, cannot wait to get away and get some sun...just be good to relax and get away from the stresses. Shame that you can't get to go away, Newquay sounds awesome to be fair, maybe a sports science trip thing could be arranged when we get a break from uni?! Haha, especially as its not that far away!
    I got my student loan contract come through the other day, was quite pleased with what i managed to get as tbh every little helps and i don't think i would have got a grant in all fairness, but never mind. :woo:
    Can't be bothered with school anymore, I just want to move on..meet new people, get some new life experiences and all the other amazing things that come with uni It's gonna be soo awesome, and yeah i have doubts about the grades, but what will be will be at the end of the day...and then maybe we'd both end up at Brunel lol!

As far as accommodation goes I applied on Monday..can't remember off the top of my head but i think it went:
    1) St Luke's -catered, en-suite
    2) St Luke's - catered, standard room
    3) Rowancroft - self-catered, en-suite

So we'll see what happens, it'll still be nice to know people from different halls though
    I can't remember what else you wrote, so i hope i answered all questions lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by christianne01)
    You do make me laugh!
    No worries about the essay, i really don't mind and besides it's good to get to know a bit about someone i could be on the same course at uni, which just happens to be 5ish hours away!! Lol sounds like your summer is going to be pretty jam packed...I'm well jealous about the festivals, i've never been and probably won't this year because of funds etc. never mind, maybe the ol' student loan could stretch to a festival?! :P or not lol! I'm off to Spain for just over 2 weeks with the parents and my best friend, cannot wait to get away and get some sun...just be good to relax and get away from the stresses. Shame that you can't get to go away, Newquay sounds awesome to be fair, maybe a sports science trip thing could be arranged when we get a break from uni?! Haha, especially as its not that far away!
    I got my student loan contract come through the other day, was quite pleased with what i managed to get as tbh every little helps and i don't think i would have got a grant in all fairness, but never mind. :woo:
    Can't be bothered with school anymore, I just want to move on..meet new people, get some new life experiences and all the other amazing things that come with uni It's gonna be soo awesome, and yeah i have doubts about the grades, but what will be will be at the end of the day...and then maybe we'd both end up at Brunel lol!

As far as accommodation goes I applied on Monday..can't remember off the top of my head but i think it went:
    1) St Luke's -catered, en-suite
    2) St Luke's - catered, standard room
    3) Rowancroft - self-catered, en-suite

So we'll see what happens, it'll still be nice to know people from different halls though
    I can't remember what else you wrote, so i hope i answered all questions lol
    I'm a bit of a loser really haha!

After all my catastrophe trying to figure out if i should change my loan to income assessed it turn's out after looking at the exact figures my household income is over £60,000 meaning no more extra money and keeping it non-income assessed

Yer it's says on my one online they have sent my contract but god knows where it is as they sent it on 16th :O

Sweet about Spain wish I was going abroad this summer! jealously!

Would be awesome to some sorta trip in our break! And would be crazy if we both end up at Brunel too! haha who knows come end of August all the fuss will be over......assuming i don't make the biggest balls up you've ever seen and fail for Brunel lol.....touch wood!

Booooooooo boring St Lukes Catered :P all about the self catered....but at least you wont need to worry about food and it'll be right next to the campus! your last choice is my first haha!

Are you planning on getting a job there? I really don't want to get a transfer to the Co-op in exeter would be mega loserish. But i'll keep it as a backup option if it's available! Would rather do bar work or student union....or even thought today applying at the apple store in exeter or some other shop that would be cool

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit of a loser really haha!

After all my catastrophe trying to figure out if i should change my loan to income assessed it turn's out after looking at the exact figures my household income is over £60,000 meaning no more extra money and keeping it non-income assessed

Yer it's says on my one online they have sent my contract but god knows where it is as they sent it on 16th :O

Sweet about Spain wish I was going abroad this summer! jealously!

Would be awesome to some sorta trip in our break! And would be crazy if we both end up at Brunel too! haha who knows come end of August all the fuss will be over......assuming i don't make the biggest balls up you've ever seen and fail for Brunel lol.....touch wood!

Booooooooo boring St Lukes Catered :P all about the self catered....but at least you wont need to worry about food and it'll be right next to the campus! your last choice is my first haha!

Are you planning on getting a job there? I really don't want to get a transfer to the Co-op in exeter would be mega loserish. But i'll keep it as a backup option if it's available! Would rather do bar work or student union....or even thought today applying at the apple store in exeter or some other shop that would be cool
    i didn't even bother going income-assessed, but yeah it is pretty depressing to be fair :/ i still think we should get some sort of grant or whatever, but never mind!
    i'm dreading these next few months, gonna be completely mental..won't know what to do with myself once school is over i deffo wanna leave, but the prospect of being so far away from what i'm used to is scary..still, i cannot wait to go to uni though!! i've kinda gone off brunel now, which is weird, i just wanna get into exeter...but if i balls that up, i'm gonna be pretty screwed :/ will have to go through clearing or something if the worse comes to the worst.
    everyone's said that about going catered, i just think if i can live reasonably well for at least one more year i'd be happy, like not having to hassle about food and preparing it etc. then i can slum it out in the 2nd and 3rd years lol!
    yeaah i deffo wanna get some sorta work, and like you through the student union, thought about being a student ambassador cause that looks quite cool soo we shall see! i can't transfer because i work in a hotel soo its not like a branch or whatever, soo i'm hoping for stuff through the student union as well. i like your thinking about applying in apple, although i'd be stuffed cause i know nothing about ipods or laptops really...i'm not very technical in all fairness lol..
    how's the revision coming along for you?

ReputationRep:
    i didn't even bother going income-assessed, but yeah it is pretty depressing to be fair :/ i still think we should get some sort of grant or whatever, but never mind!
    i'm dreading these next few months, gonna be completely mental..won't know what to do with myself once school is over i deffo wanna leave, but the prospect of being so far away from what i'm used to is scary..still, i cannot wait to go to uni though!! i've kinda gone off brunel now, which is weird, i just wanna get into exeter...but if i balls that up, i'm gonna be pretty screwed :/ will have to go through clearing or something if the worse comes to the worst.
    everyone's said that about going catered, i just think if i can live reasonably well for at least one more year i'd be happy, like not having to hassle about food and preparing it etc. then i can slum it out in the 2nd and 3rd years lol!
    yeaah i deffo wanna get some sorta work, and like you through the student union, thought about being a student ambassador cause that looks quite cool soo we shall see! i can't transfer because i work in a hotel soo its not like a branch or whatever, soo i'm hoping for stuff through the student union as well. i like your thinking about applying in apple, although i'd be stuffed cause i know nothing about ipods or laptops really...i'm not very technical in all fairness lol..
    how's the revision coming along for you?
    I wouldn't mind going to brunel but would rather go to exeter for sure!

Yer thats one thing that sounds good about catered...pure lazyness!

Errr well revision is going...okay :rolleyes: haha was cracking on before half term but as soon as half term came havent really done much and it's been the same since i've been back!

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind going to brunel but would rather go to exeter for sure!

Yer thats one thing that sounds good about catered...pure lazyness!

Errr well revision is going...okay :rolleyes: haha was cracking on before half term but as soon as half term came havent really done much and it's been the same since i've been back!

How about you?
    EXETER FTW!
    I know, sounds really bad..but i'd rather spend my time doing something else other than cooking and washing up! Haha :P
    Well i'm glad yours is going ok! I spent soo much of my time doing coursework that revision has kinda taken a back-seat :/ Got one more bit to finish then i've really gotta crack on! I feel a bit pants about it, but the motivation is lacking to do both at the same time...will have to wait til coursework is done haha

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=christianne01]EXETER FTW!
    I know, sounds really bad..but i'd rather spend my time doing something else other than cooking and washing up! Haha :P
    Well i'm glad yours is going ok! I spent soo much of my time doing coursework that revision has kinda taken a back-seat :/ Got one more bit to finish then i've really gotta crack on! I feel a bit pants about it, but the motivation is lacking to do both at the same time...will have to wait til coursework is done haha[/QUOTE

HELL YER EXETER!!! haha

Well maybe i'll learn how to cook and wash up haha...you won't :P good point though....cooking is fun though ...sometimes

Shocking news on your revision front then! Still doing coursework! :O crazy that....but PE is a doddle isnt it :rolleyes: just been doing myself a bit of muscle revision today like structure etc i wana know what grade i need for an A fingers crossed its like a C or something /i have like no lessons at college at the mo though as well...like 1 and a half hours a day! only because applied business has finished... 100% CW :O but yer spend most my free's doing revision cards at a slow rate haha! Anyway keep going! just think of the reward! Exeter and maybe get to meet some geezer you met on here called me haha!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=binkibonko]
    EXETER FTW!
    Well i'm glad yours is going ok! I spent soo much of my time doing coursework that revision has kinda taken a back-seat :/ Got one more bit to finish then i've really gotta crack on! I feel a bit pants about it, but the motivation is lacking to do both at the same time...will have to wait til coursework is done haha[/QUOTE

HELL YER EXETER!!! haha

Well maybe i'll learn how to cook and wash up haha...you won't :P good point though....cooking is fun though ...sometimes

Shocking news on your revision front then! Still doing coursework! :O crazy that....but PE is a doddle isnt it :rolleyes: just been doing myself a bit of muscle revision today like structure etc i wana know what grade i need for an A fingers crossed its like a C or something /i have like no lessons at college at the mo though as well...like 1 and a half hours a day! only because applied business has finished... 100% CW :O but yer spend most my free's doing revision cards at a slow rate haha! Anyway keep going! just think of the reward! Exeter and maybe get to meet some geezer you met on here called me haha!
    i already know how to cook and wash up! it won't be a new experience for me :P haha, i do like cooking though..but only rarely and when other people are involved as well, meals for one don't really appeal lol!
    and yeah i know it's shocking, i don't know whether it's my fault or my college's :/ either way, i better up the ante!! aww well done on the PE revision, i like doing that because i just think i'm gonna be doing it for liek another 3 years anyway..soo it doesn't seem like a chore, the others do though
    i have to keep reminding myself that it'll all be worth it though! but yeah it all sounds good to me...would be funny if we did end up meeting each other and that

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=christianne01]
    i already know how to cook and wash up! it won't be a new experience for me :P haha, i do like cooking though..but only rarely and when other people are involved as well, meals for one don't really appeal lol!
    and yeah i know it's shocking, i don't know whether it's my fault or my college's :/ either way, i better up the ante!! aww well done on the PE revision, i like doing that because i just think i'm gonna be doing it for liek another 3 years anyway..soo it doesn't seem like a chore, the others do though
    i have to keep reminding myself that it'll all be worth it though! but yeah it all sounds good to me...would be funny if we did end up meeting each other and that
    sorry for the late reply

Well being a woman i should think you do know how to cook and wash up :P hehe jokes

PE revision hasnt really made much progress this bank hol weekend. But i've got a hectic week ahead....sports awards evening on wednesday for college, my 18th on Sat then get to go to work on sunday mornign totally wasted then on the monday going to see Example in norwich and drink a lil more .....then i guess i might do some work after thats all over

ReputationRep:

sorry for the late reply

Well being a woman i should think you do know how to cook and wash up :P hehe jokes

PE revision hasnt really made much progress this bank hol weekend. But i've got a hectic week ahead....sports awards evening on wednesday for college, my 18th on Sat then get to go to work on sunday mornign totally wasted then on the monday going to see Example in norwich and drink a lil more .....then i guess i might do some work after thats all over
    Ahh that's awesome! I actually finished all of my coursework this weekend Happy days! This week sounds amazing for you! I'm a bit jealous to tell you the truth, i really like Example! I hope you have a wicked birthday, have a few drinks for me cus i don't think i'll be going out again til the end of the month, hammered it a bit too hard on sunday night with it being bank holiday lol...but it was worth it :P haha, let me know how you get on at your awards evening

ReputationRep:
    Ahh that's awesome! I actually finished all of my coursework this weekend Happy days! This week sounds amazing for you! I'm a bit jealous to tell you the truth, i really like Example! I hope you have a wicked birthday, have a few drinks for me cus i don't think i'll be going out again til the end of the month, hammered it a bit too hard on sunday night with it being bank holiday lol...but it was worth it :P haha, let me know how you get on at your awards evening
    Yer this week is guna cost me though

You like Example too? Man that is sooo cool lol do you have many of his songs? He has got some banging tunes!

I was pretty larry on saturday night.....whole bottle of Jager disappeared a little too quickly on saturday :O , but as you said about your sunday defo worth it! check out the piccys on faceyb and you'll sorta understand the state i was in .... I even went to work at 8am the next day...thats commitment!

And I'm doing it again this week for my bday....out in colchester then work at 8am :O ouch it's guna be a killer if i even manage to make it.

Top notch on doing your CW, hope you don;t have anymore! sounds like you deserved you drinkies :P and when exams are over you can definitely go for it again but i guess the whole drinking and partying may have to take a back seat over the next month and a bit lol

My sports award evening isn't guna be as far as good as last year in terms of awards, as I missed some games and training of of the amount of CW i had last year i won both players player and managers player But this year I'm more set on getting tipsy and busting some moves on the dancefloor afterwards lol, well more making an embarrassment of myself really but it'll be fun!

ReputationRep:
    Yer this week is guna cost me though

You like Example too? Man that is sooo cool lol do you have many of his songs? He has got some banging tunes!

I was pretty larry on saturday night.....whole bottle of Jager disappeared a little too quickly on saturday :O , but as you said about your sunday defo worth it! check out the piccys on faceyb and you'll sorta understand the state i was in .... I even went to work at 8am the next day...thats commitment!

And I'm doing it again this week for my bday....out in colchester then work at 8am :O ouch it's guna be a killer if i even manage to make it.

Top notch on doing your CW, hope you don;t have anymore! sounds like you deserved you drinkies :P and when exams are over you can definitely go for it again but i guess the whole drinking and partying may have to take a back seat over the next month and a bit lol

My sports award evening isn't guna be as far as good as last year in terms of awards, as I missed some games and training of of the amount of CW i had last year i won both players player and managers player But this year I'm more set on getting tipsy and busting some moves on the dancefloor afterwards lol, well more making an embarrassment of myself really but it'll be fun!
    Yeah he's pretty cool I don't have many but i'm dead jealous of my friend who's going to see him as well! NOT FAIR lol!
    Aha, you my friend were WASTED heehee, but that's a very good effort on getting up for work...if i'm going out i make sure i don't have work the next day because i can't cope at all...especially working around food, just makes me feel worse! hope your bday night out is awesome, i've never been out in colchester before, let me know if it's any good?!
    Ahh cheers hun, nah i am all done on the coursework thank god, but keep getting essays set, but i guess that counts as revision though. yeah no more going out really, well not until like bank holiday weekend at the end of this month because then i can go out sunday and that can be my day off lol! all about give and take :P haha! i finish on the 23rd june, cannot wait what about you?
    That's what sports awards evenings are all about, that's what i did at mine anyways Well done on your awards last time though, that's awesome stuff!How'd you get on last night, i think that's when you said it was!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah he's pretty cool I don't have many but i'm dead jealous of my friend who's going to see him as well! NOT FAIR lol!
    Aha, you my friend were WASTED heehee, but that's a very good effort on getting up for work...if i'm going out i make sure i don't have work the next day because i can't cope at all...especially working around food, just makes me feel worse! hope your bday night out is awesome, i've never been out in colchester before, let me know if it's any good?!
    Ahh cheers hun, nah i am all done on the coursework thank god, but keep getting essays set, but i guess that counts as revision though. yeah no more going out really, well not until like bank holiday weekend at the end of this month because then i can go out sunday and that can be my day off lol! all about give and take :P haha! i finish on the 23rd june, cannot wait what about you?
    That's what sports awards evenings are all about, that's what i did at mine anyways Well done on your awards last time though, that's awesome stuff!How'd you get on last night, i think that's when you said it was!

Gutted! is your friend going to the one in norwich?

Yer I'll let you know what colchester is like can't wait guna be banging and got work again in the morning :O haha

I hate getting essays when they dont count for anything but as you say must help revision.

I dont know when i'll be out again after Example on Monday!

But now for the sad news :thumbsdown: I've pretty much a B in Applied business :'( I was hopiong it was going to be one of my A's but the last bit of CW was an absolute ***** and ruined it for me so it means i need like 110/120 in my computing exam which is so unlikely to happen as computing is a killer haha! So i may never get to meet you at exeter When my teacher told me I was like i can redo a bit cant I, she was like nope its all been sent off to the moderators i was like you *******. Went and sat on a computer and had to stop myself from crying ....yes i'm a pansy! But i was sort of getting used to the idea of exeter but now it doesnt seem that likely unless they take ABB from me I'm over it now and was come the afternoon, i still really like brunel just the fact i was getting used to exeter, and i had seemed to make a friend in you which was something to look forward too AND! 2 of my friends from hockey are going to exeter. Anyway now i'm not too fussed as Brunel is where the olympics is at and it's getting better and better there also there is still a chance Exeter will take me on lower grades as i know someone who had dropped one grade but still got in for Exercise and Sport.

Moving on.... lol

I drowned my sorrows that night by getting wasted at Sports Award evening Was an amazing night. Firstly getting them to give me a wristband to show i was 18 to bar staff, i scan and edited my passport on my computer and gave that to them and stupid lady accepted it! Was loving that! The hockey team all met in colchester town first for a few drinks jagerbomb and desperados Then we taxied there with some craz italian driver who played journey full blast for us haha! Then just drunk pints and more pints. Didn't win anything for hockey this year though BUT i won Community Sports Leader of the Year which is bigger than any hockey award in my opinion i was so shocked when they read out my name i went crazy haha :O stumbled up to the stage knocked some teacher around the head when trying to balance myself. so that was the awards and then the disco after i busted some moves on the dancefloor, was hilarious dancing with our Pe teachers. Had a couple of sambucka shots with the hockey as well although he said he'd only have one, the whole of the hockey team put some money in to buy him drinks for the night so we alcoed him up. then on the way home my mate was sick on himself in the back of the car bad times. I had a killer hangover in the monring, went to college had computing first and closed my eyes to sleep on the desk and my head was viciously spinning! But a two subways and a lot of water set me straight along with the painkillers!

Man i'm so sad haha that was my wednesday night! shouldve just said it was awesome but im sure the story is a little more interesting.

ReputationRep:
    O yer i finish on 23rd June as well it's PE that day :O Snap! only 2 exams here PE and Computing so gotta nail them both really. o yer and thanks for the well done on my awards last year

ReputationRep:
    Gutted! is your friend going to the one in norwich?

Yer I'll let you know what colchester is like can't wait guna be banging and got work again in the morning :O haha

I hate getting essays when they dont count for anything but as you say must help revision.

I dont know when i'll be out again after Example on Monday!

But now for the sad news :thumbsdown: I've pretty much a B in Applied business :'( I was hopiong it was going to be one of my A's but the last bit of CW was an absolute ***** and ruined it for me so it means i need like 110/120 in my computing exam which is so unlikely to happen as computing is a killer haha! So i may never get to meet you at exeter When my teacher told me I was like i can redo a bit cant I, she was like nope its all been sent off to the moderators i was like you *******. Went and sat on a computer and had to stop myself from crying ....yes i'm a pansy! But i was sort of getting used to the idea of exeter but now it doesnt seem that likely unless they take ABB from me I'm over it now and was come the afternoon, i still really like brunel just the fact i was getting used to exeter, and i had seemed to make a friend in you which was something to look forward too AND! 2 of my friends from hockey are going to exeter. Anyway now i'm not too fussed as Brunel is where the olympics is at and it's getting better and better there also there is still a chance Exeter will take me on lower grades as i know someone who had dropped one grade but still got in for Exercise and Sport.

Moving on.... lol

I drowned my sorrows that night by getting wasted at Sports Award evening Was an amazing night. Firstly getting them to give me a wristband to show i was 18 to bar staff, i scan and edited my passport on my computer and gave that to them and stupid lady accepted it! Was loving that! The hockey team all met in colchester town first for a few drinks jagerbomb and desperados Then we taxied there with some craz italian driver who played journey full blast for us haha! Then just drunk pints and more pints. Didn't win anything for hockey this year though BUT i won Community Sports Leader of the Year which is bigger than any hockey award in my opinion i was so shocked when they read out my name i went crazy haha :O stumbled up to the stage knocked some teacher around the head when trying to balance myself. so that was the awards and then the disco after i busted some moves on the dancefloor, was hilarious dancing with our Pe teachers. Had a couple of sambucka shots with the hockey as well although he said he'd only have one, the whole of the hockey team put some money in to buy him drinks for the night so we alcoed him up. then on the way home my mate was sick on himself in the back of the car bad times. I had a killer hangover in the monring, went to college had computing first and closed my eyes to sleep on the desk and my head was viciously spinning! But a two subways and a lot of water set me straight along with the painkillers!

Man i'm so sad haha that was my wednesday night! shouldve just said it was awesome but im sure the story is a little more interesting.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY! i wrote on your facebook as well!! Hope you're having a lovely day and get suitably drunk tonight :P
    You know what, i'm disappointed and gutted for you! Is it definite that you won't get the grades, i mean 110/120 is do-able, very hard i know but it is possible!! Who knows...don't write yourself off just yet And like you said maybe Exeter will see how close you are and like how good you are at sport etc. and like get your teachers to write a good reference and ring in or something, it could work if the worse comes to the worse in the summer! I've been thinking about all of this as well because it's looking less likely that i'll get the grades too, but who knows!! Really stressful times atm for both of us i take it, and maybe worse case scenario we both end up at brunel! soo maybe not all sad lol..
    Ahh nice one at the sports awards again well done! you won't ever have to worry about fake ID again though haha! sounds like you had a really good time too, wish ours was like that but because my sixth form is still linked with the upper school soo it was for lower school as well, ie no boozing!! but never mind, us sixth formers went to the pub instead Hangover = good night, in my opinion :P
    I hate college with a hangover though, it's torture and there's no subway near me to cure it so i have to suffer on haha! I enjoyed your story so no worries about the essay...enjoy the rest of your birthday, have a good one!

ReputationRep:
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY! i wrote on your facebook as well!! Hope you're having a lovely day and get suitably drunk tonight :P
    You know what, i'm disappointed and gutted for you! Is it definite that you won't get the grades, i mean 110/120 is do-able, very hard i know but it is possible!! Who knows...don't write yourself off just yet And like you said maybe Exeter will see how close you are and like how good you are at sport etc. and like get your teachers to write a good reference and ring in or something, it could work if the worse comes to the worse in the summer! I've been thinking about all of this as well because it's looking less likely that i'll get the grades too, but who knows!! Really stressful times atm for both of us i take it, and maybe worse case scenario we both end up at brunel! soo maybe not all sad lol..
    Ahh nice one at the sports awards again well done! you won't ever have to worry about fake ID again though haha! sounds like you had a really good time too, wish ours was like that but because my sixth form is still linked with the upper school soo it was for lower school as well, ie no boozing!! but never mind, us sixth formers went to the pub instead Hangover = good night, in my opinion :P
    I hate college with a hangover though, it's torture and there's no subway near me to cure it so i have to suffer on haha! I enjoyed your story so no worries about the essay...enjoy the rest of your birthday, have a good one!
    Thanks for the bday wishes Was awesome night, busted some moves on the dancefloor and work in the morning was funny with a few us who went out coming in with hangovers but probably suffered more from tiredness, got to bed at like 4 then had to be at work at 8 :O

Well you never know then could see each other at Brunel or Exeter haha! Fingers crossed we both get in whatever grades we get! Also on positive..ish news my friend i do sports leaders with has an ABB offer from them but the other 3 people i know (inc you) have AAB offers maybe this means we could get in with ABB. but anyway I'm going to send exeter admissions an email asking about likelihood with lower grades to see what they say.....I'm guessing theyll say they cant say until august. Only sending email to shut my mother up moaning lol. Also going to ask about accomadation as an insurance at brunel!

My properjob revision starts now though as i've finished teaching in both of my subjects, so all revision. Plus done a mock the other day in PE, thought it went better than all of my like E's in tests this year. Especially the A+P bit which is the bit i've been revising. But i forgot my stuff on anxiety for the Psychology strech n challenge question. I'm assuming you know about them

O yer and Example was ******* amazing we got the the front when he came on and was dripping with sweat after was absolutely mental! The amount of crowd surfers we had come over our heads was crazy. Now i'm even thinking about going to see him again with my girlfriend next week on the same tour in London! Only as she missed out because of french oral at the end of this week.

Hope your revvy and A-Levelness is going good I'll tell you what Exeter and Brunel say

ReputationRep:
    oh no swearing allowed :O :naughty:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the bday wishes Was awesome night, busted some moves on the dancefloor and work in the morning was funny with a few us who went out coming in with hangovers but probably suffered more from tiredness, got to bed at like 4 then had to be at work at 8 :O

Well you never know then could see each other at Brunel or Exeter haha! Fingers crossed we both get in whatever grades we get! Also on positive..ish news my friend i do sports leaders with has an ABB offer from them but the other 3 people i know (inc you) have AAB offers maybe this means we could get in with ABB. but anyway I'm going to send exeter admissions an email asking about likelihood with lower grades to see what they say.....I'm guessing theyll say they cant say until august. Only sending email to shut my mother up moaning lol. Also going to ask about accomadation as an insurance at brunel!

My properjob revision starts now though as i've finished teaching in both of my subjects, so all revision. Plus done a mock the other day in PE, thought it went better than all of my like E's in tests this year. Especially the A+P bit which is the bit i've been revising. But i forgot my stuff on anxiety for the Psychology strech n challenge question. I'm assuming you know about them

O yer and Example was ******* amazing we got the the front when he came on and was dripping with sweat after was absolutely mental! The amount of crowd surfers we had come over our heads was crazy. Now i'm even thinking about going to see him again with my girlfriend next week on the same tour in London! Only as she missed out because of french oral at the end of this week.

Hope your revvy and A-Levelness is going good I'll tell you what Exeter and Brunel say
    sounds like you had an awesome birthday!
    yeah you never know, if you do like super well at the PE like get an A* then maybe Exeter might be more lenient! i've got my first exam tomo, geography as resit - trying to see if i can get it up to an A so then i'll have less pressure in my a2 exam, we shall see
    i haven't properly started PE revision, i really need to go over aggression because i literally know nothing lol
    apart from that all other revision is just standard, slogging through it and trying to do as much in the sun, weather permitting haha
    youuu?
    ohh and have you heard from the unis yet?

ReputationRep:
    sounds like you had an awesome birthday!
    yeah you never know, if you do like super well at the PE like get an A* then maybe Exeter might be more lenient! i've got my first exam tomo, geography as resit - trying to see if i can get it up to an A so then i'll have less pressure in my a2 exam, we shall see
    i haven't properly started PE revision, i really need to go over aggression because i literally know nothing lol
    apart from that all other revision is just standard, slogging through it and trying to do as much in the sun, weather permitting haha
    youuu?
    ohh and have you heard from the unis yet?
    I doubt i'll get an A* star in PE somehow

Good luck/ hope youre resit went well, apparently geog is really hard i nearly took it at A level but maybe it's a good thing i didnt!

I nailed some A+P stuff this morning in our PE activity thing we done, running around on a grass area and answering PE questions! Sliding Filament Theory in the bag!

Tis mega hot, but i'm loving it had a massive bbq on saturday night with some friends which was good. Even had champions league and radio 1 big weekend on projector outside!

yer i have heard from the unis....
    I put in my preference for accomodation at Brunel, you can only put if you want an ensuite or not really nowt special!

and this is the reply i got from exeter about missing grades...

With regard to your enquiry, if you firmly accept our conditional offer and then are not able to satisfy the terms exactly, we will, where possible, reconsider our offer in August in the light of your actual performance and the performance of others seeking entry to the same programme.

So it sort of confirmed what i already thought, i'll have to wait and see if they let me in on lower! thats even if i get good lower grades! PE is guna be hard! i got 86/120 for my cw and practical! would've liked more but it's okish! fingers. And my computing isn't too easy but we'll see!

ReputationRep:
    I doubt i'll get an A* star in PE somehow

Good luck/ hope youre resit went well, apparently geog is really hard i nearly took it at A level but maybe it's a good thing i didnt!

I nailed some A+P stuff this morning in our PE activity thing we done, running around on a grass area and answering PE questions! Sliding Filament Theory in the bag!

Tis mega hot, but i'm loving it had a massive bbq on saturday night with some friends which was good. Even had champions league and radio 1 big weekend on projector outside!

yer i have heard from the unis....
    I put in my preference for accomodation at Brunel, you can only put if you want an ensuite or not really nowt special!

and this is the reply i got from exeter about missing grades...

With regard to your enquiry, if you firmly accept our conditional offer and then are not able to satisfy the terms exactly, we will, where possible, reconsider our offer in August in the light of your actual performance and the performance of others seeking entry to the same programme.

So it sort of confirmed what i already thought, i'll have to wait and see if they let me in on lower! thats even if i get good lower grades! PE is guna be hard! i got 86/120 for my cw and practical! would've liked more but it's okish! fingers. And my computing isn't too easy but we'll see!
    Anything's possible - don't put yourself down and you never know could get full marks again in the exam
    Re-sit was pants, i answered the wrong question for like the essay bit in section b, so it was really a waste of time but never mind!
    I find A+P really hard, thats what i have to do most revision on, good work though
    should i do accommodation at brunel then?! :O i'm confused!
    yeaah all you can do is wait and see now - i really believe that if something's meant to be then it'll happen...that's still a good mark on your practical though :yes: i can't remember what i got - think it was in the 90s due to the theory part bumping my grade up cus i am nerdy like that lol!
    But yeahh, i best do some more revision *sigh* no rest for the wicked hey!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 18, 2010
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Articles:

University of Exeter Guide

Accommodation profiles:

Fresh Student Living

Fresh Student Living

Fresh provide student accommodation across the country in a number of locations.

Quick Link:

Unanswered University of Exeter Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.