I will try and answer your question OP.
Proving that Islam is the truth ultimately, though not solely, lies in proving that the Qur'an is the word of God. (Other factors also need to be taken into account such as the biography of the Prophet Muhammad etc.)
I've researched Islam quite thoroughly for about 7 years now and it does seem that Muslims have a real claim when it comes to proving God's existence and that their religion is a true religion from God. The evidence in their favour is overwhelming.
Believe me, I have also researched Islam, primarily because of all the preaching i used to get by some muslims about "
" and what not. However what i realised while researching was that like every other religion, it has
flaws, it has
contradictions and it is
just another religion, not anything close to a "true religion"
, just one more Holy Book
Their main source of proof is the Qur'an, which they claim is a linguistic miracle in the Arabic language (an additional point may be noted, that the Prophet Muhammad was illiterate, this is a historical fact, asserted by both Muslims and non-Muslim orientalists)
Largely bias frankly, who are these people that make such claims? I think it's safe to say all religions are written in an archaic and metaphorical language. Many also feel their text is undoubtedly miraculously written, but there is nothing that would specifically differ the language from other religions books.
The Qur'an does have many scientific statements that have recently been proven to be true
I was hoping you'd say that, it's the number 1 response preachers learn to say to convice others. Again, you should have done more research becuase if you did you may have found out that the vast majority of these "
" claims/miracles are either plagiarised
and another thing which may interest you is, other religions also have so called science in their holy books,
maybe those others are true?
but the Qur'an is primarily meant to be linguistic miracle and not a scientific one.
Well that's a first, I've always heard it the other way around.
Most people are largely ignorant of why it is that Muslims believe in what they believe in, thinking that it is a religion solely based on faith rather than proven fact.
Well I for one am not ignorant, quite the contrary in fact, I like to learn however there would be no debate between atheists and religious folk if it was
or the scientific community for that matter.
The honest truth though is that it is
based on faith and blind belief that what's in the quran or their holy text, is fact.
[B]The Qur'an contains no contradictions[b/] which one would find if it was the work of a man or men. Those who claim it has contradictions usually have a superficial understanding of the Qur'an and are mistaken, or perhaps knowingly try to mislead people.
Every holy text contains contradictions whether you want to believe that or not even scientific books may sometimes contain contradictions. It only takes a goole search to find some, the problem is you get websites such as answering islam, answering hinduism etc. which try to respond and refute the argument, without
answering the question, just wishy-washy quotes followed by wishy-washy explanations. And if you start your research partially believing your religion
is true, you will be more on the biased wishy-washy argument side.
Also perhaps those who claim they have the right understanding are just making words fit their argument, maybe they're the ones trying to mislead gullible people like you?
I didn't watch those videos because I see no point. I'll do my own research not listen to religious apologetics.
This man thinks Christianity is true:
I have a feeling you won't watch the above videos for the same reason as me.
Say the Qur'an can be proven to be the words of Allah, or God, a number of facts would then be established:
1) There is only one God, Allah
2) Muhammad is a Prophet of God
3) There is a Day of Judgement
4) There is an eternal life of either Paradise or Hell
5) The purpose of mans existence is to worship God (submit to him)
6) Failing to become a Muslim after one has been exposed to Islam would doom one to Hell
7) Angels exist
8) Two angels record mans deeds (good and bad) from the moment of puberty till his/her death
8) Eblis, or Satan, exists
7) Each person has personal devil that is assigned to him from the moment of his birth till his death who incites him to evil, namely disbelieving in God and associating other gods with Him
8) Jesus was never crucified
9) Jesus shall return
10) The theory that man evolved from apes is false
Indeed, but since it has not been and will most likely never be we can assume:
1) There may or may not be a God, since the evidence to date shows that this is incredibly unlikely.
2) Muhammad was just another man.
3) There is no Day of Judgement, just a fictional story.
4) There is no afterlife. Period.
5) The purpose of mans existence is to reproduce and enjoy out one and only life to the fullest.
6) Failing to become a Muslim after one has been exposed to Islam would make you a rational thinker who isn't easily brainwashed.
7) Angels are fiction.
8) Two angels do not exist.
8) Eblis, or Satan do not exists
7) Each person does not have a personal devil.
8) Jesus was just another man.
9) Jesus was just a normal human being.
10) The theory that man evolved from apes is false, well this is already false since we didn't evolve from apes, but Evolution would still remain fact.
If Islam can be proven to be the truth beyond all reasonable doubt and after considering the consequences of not following it, would you become a practising Muslim?
I know you will probably not believe me, but if it could be "proven beyond all reasonable doubt" I would get on my knees and beg for forgiveness straight away and not just for Islam but any other religion. However this will never happen because I like Science and empirical evidence and religion does not offer this.
Hope I answered your questions. If you want quotes, contradictions, examples of what i said above or just ask me something PM me.