Teenager tries to sell her virginity to fund education Watch

MJlover
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by x_LiNk_x)
What's right with it?

You don't have any obligations with losing your integrity and respect? Not to mention the plethora of sexually transmitted diseases being passed on through the process.

In my opinion, there are better, more dignified ways to make a living.
Have pos rep from me!
and lol @ the charlotte church avatar.
mathperson
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by El Gennaro)
Continuation
At 16!!
Any thoughts??

P.S. If it's in the wrong subforum, please do move it (mods).
bold: I know, you'd have thought that she would have waited until at least 21 until she puts it up for sale.

Anyway in all seriousness I feel very sorry for her. She is obviously making an effort with life, unlike alot of people her age, and she is desperate to achieve. I feel bad for her
folde
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's hers to sell. I more resent the fact the media has made such a big thing of it. Leave her to do it herself and make her own decisions instead of inspiring other girls to do what essentially is a bit silly.
MJlover
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by mathperson)
bold: I know, you'd have thought that she would have waited until at least 21 until she puts it up for sale.

Anyway in all seriousness I feel very sorry for her. She is obviously making an effort with life, unlike alot of people her age, and she is desperate to achieve. I feel bad for her
No, thats not making an effort. Selling your body to some old perv for cash does not take any effort, taking up your free time at weekends to service the cost of your education (even though school is free ) is effort. I do feel sorry for her, though. Where are her parents in all of this? If they are poor she can claim EMA, that should be enough for a sixth former.
domino0806
Badges: 11
Report 8 years ago
Inevitably you will take that view as a male, though.

I think it's more favourable to work the 1,000 hours then to tell your parents you are making money through deriding yourself through prostitution.
No, you're just narrow minded and stigmatise sex for no reason. What is so ghastly about having sex for money I don't understand.
danny111
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
What's right with it?

You don't have any obligations with losing your integrity and respect? Not to mention the plethora of sexually transmitted diseases being passed on through the process.

In my opinion, there are better, more dignified ways to make a living.
please read chapter 1 of superfreakonomics. if you cant be bothered, the authors met a woman who was married to a man with a 6 figure salary, she herself has a degree and was also successful.

now she earns $400,000 a year, and works very little (<15 hours a week - this is my calculation judging by her rough 400k and $400 an hour rate). tell me another job where you can get that than a high end callgirl. i would call her extremely succesfull - not having lost integrity and respect.

plus, your issue on this is subjective anyway, so i wont be able to change your mind so i will stop arguing.

(Original post by domino0806)
No, you're just narrow minded and stigmatise sex for no reason. What is so ghastly about having sex for money I don't understand.
thank you. my sentiments exactly.
_Shanice_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by FyreFight)
How much did she go for? I've still got a fiver in my pocket - more than enough for a decent set of HB pencils.
Well technically she'd need 2B pencils lol.
aem1990
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i think its a pretty ok thing really as it would be her decision and far better then having a one night stand don't you think? as long as the guy wasn't extremely old because that would be wrong but i'd say she should have waited until she was 18 deffinitly simply because she would attract the wrong sort of guy for sure
Double Agent
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The fact that she is a virgin seems irrelevant to me, the other benefit being she will no doubt attract more interest and a higher price. It is just a 16 year old trying to whore themselves out at the end of the day. I guess if this is the best way she can see going foward then all power to her, but I would imagine it isnt.
mathperson
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by MJlover)
No, thats not making an effort. Selling your body to some old perv for cash does not take any effort, taking up your free time at weekends to service the cost of your education (even though school is free ) is effort. I do feel sorry for her, though. Where are her parents in all of this? If they are poor she can claim EMA, that should be enough for a sixth former.
I think you've got me wrong? I didn't mean that selling her virginity is 'making an effort' I was just pointing out that I feel sorry for her because she is desperate to do something with her life.
Saff123
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by chica_chica)
Is that even legal in the United Kingdom?
It sounds legal. Prostitution isn't illegal in Britain, just certain forms of solicitation i.e the street or knocking on a window visible to the street. The net appears exempt. I think 16 is the age of consent, and it's highly doubtful legislation would cover virginity.
UGeNe
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by heidigirl)
:eek:

Not for the person paying her. They would have been comitting a crime under the sexual offences act (paying for sexual services of a child) because she was under 18 (on summary conviction up to 6 months in prison or a fine, on indictment up to 7 years). She might have wanted to have looked that up before trying to sell her virginity on the internet...:rolleyes:
Not if the guy paying is her age, i.e. 16. I'm sure there is a father out there who is willing to loan the cash to his son. :yep:
x_LiNk_x
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by danny111)
please read chapter 1 of superfreakonomics. if you cant be bothered, the authors met a woman who was married to a man with a 6 figure salary, she herself has a degree and was also successful.

now she earns $400,000 a year, and works very little (<15 hours a week - this is my calculation judging by her rough 400k and $400 an hour rate). tell me another job where you can get that than a high end callgirl. i would call her extremely succesfull - not having lost integrity and respect.

plus, your issue on this is subjective anyway, so i wont be able to change your mind so i will stop arguing.

thank you. my sentiments exactly.
Are you seriously trying to insinuate prostitutes uphold their social integrity within the common consensus of society?

Clearly, your opinions as a male will be dissentient to the female consensus, as perhaps you have considered investing in these practices in the past to satisfy your libido.

Being opulent is not directly correlated with having respect; there are an abundance of jobs that result in the accumulation of 'dirty money'.
tazarooni89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If she's only 16, why does she need to "fund" her education? I thought education was supposed to be free around here...
jacketpotato
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Up to her. Personally I wouldn't, but its not for me to tell other people what they can and cannot do behind closed doors
username291885
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I can't believe that someone in the UK would be this poor that they couldn't get into education without selling their body.
Cesare Borgia
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Can you still bid?
Glorious Lozhka
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
What's all this about integrity? Being a virgin doesn't mean you're in any way pure, special or superior, it just means you're inexperienced. Also, a person should be able to do what they like with their own body, and if that means choosing to have sex for money, where's the problem as long as they're sensible about it? They get sex AND they get paid - sounds pretty good to me. Sex is not a negative thing, people.
danny111
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Are you seriously trying to insinuate prostitutes uphold their social integrity within the common consensus of society?

Clearly, your opinions as a male will be dissentient to the female consensus, as perhaps you have considered investing in these practices in the past to satisfy your libido.

Being opulent is not directly correlated with having respect; there are an abundance of jobs that result in the accumulation of 'dirty money'.
no. im just an economist and $400,000 is a lot of money. i have respect for that.

funny that you start to personally attack me (satisfy your libido) when i clearly said i would not consider (atm, who knows how i might feel in the future) hiring a prostitute.

but again, not so funny if one considers we are on TSR.
DJ AgnieszkaA
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
yes its legal.
prostitution is legal, its soliciting on the street that isnt.
shes of legal age. she can do with her body what she wishes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (257)
26.94%
No (697)
73.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise