The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
terry mccann
What do you think there punishment should be then? I swear down if something like this happened to 1 of my family I would kill every **** that had anything to do with it.

Your almost word for word quoting a stereotype of yourself in a sketch in private eye...

I cannot put an exact year on how long I think their sentence should be but I have laid out previously the criteria I think sentences should be made on; either to protect society, rehabilitate criminals or deter future crimes (I have already argued deterrence has minimal effect).

We have to deal with crime in a calm rational way, not in violent emotion fuelled revenge missions.
Reply 61
PNEJOE
Your almost word for word quoting a stereotype of yourself in a sketch in private eye...

I cannot put an exact year on how long I think their sentence should be but I have laid out previously the criteria I think sentences should be made on; either to protect society, rehabilitate criminals or deter future crimes (I have already argued deterrence has minimal effect).

We have to deal with crime in a calm rational way, not in violent emotion fuelled revenge missions.

How am I a stereotype? They didnt treat Michael in a calm way, so why should treat them calmly? These scum cant be rehabilitated, they remind me of 1 of those redneck cannibal families in the movies, they should rot in solitary for the rest of there lives.
Reply 62
terry mccann
How am I a stereotype? They didnt treat Michael in a calm way, so why should treat them calmly? These scum cant be rehabilitated, they remind me of 1 of those redneck cannibal families in the movies, they should rot in solitary for the rest of there lives.

Again, why treat people in the way they treat you, an eye for an eye would leave us all blind etc. Private eye has a sketch on internet forums and theres always a poster on it called 'family man' who says 'if they come near my kids i swear i will do time' and things like that.
Reply 63
PNEJOE
Again, why treat people in the way they treat you, an eye for an eye would leave us all blind etc. Private eye has a sketch on internet forums and theres always a poster on it called 'family man' who says 'if they come near my kids i swear i will do time' and things like that.

No but seriously, I wouldn't normally support the death penalty, and even in cases like gangland murders I don't believe in life sentence for a life, but the crime here is 1 of the sickest ones in modern england, there is no reason to keep this evil scum alive.
Reply 64
terry mccann
No but seriously, I wouldn't normally support the death penalty, and even in cases like gangland murders I don't believe in life sentence for a life, but the crime here is 1 of the sickest ones in modern england, there is no reason to keep this evil scum alive.

i dont see what more violence solves that alls Im saying. the damage has already been done to individual freedom by these individuals. I do not think that a horrific punishment to these individuals is in any way going to stop people from acting in this way in future. The kind of irrational frankly incredible thinking that leads to these people acting in this way is not going to be stopped by thinking 'oh we will get punished badly'.

The only argument I could see for killing them is that it would be cheaper to society as a whole than keeping them locked up for life, and therefore the money could be put towards better things such as hospitals. However, if we used an appeal system like Americas to ensure innocent people do not get killed, death row inmates end up costing far more than people serving life sentences.

I just dont see the point in causing more harm to these people just to please some irrational emotional need of yours and other rightfully upset people. Not caving to these emotions is what stops civilised people like us from doing this.
Reply 65
PNEJOE
i dont see what more violence solves that alls Im saying. the damage has already been done to individual freedom by these individuals. I do not think that a horrific punishment to these individuals is in any way going to stop people from acting in this way in future. The kind of irrational frankly incredible thinking that leads to these people acting in this way is not going to be stopped by thinking 'oh we will get punished badly'.

The only argument I could see for killing them is that it would be cheaper to society as a whole than keeping them locked up for life, and therefore the money could be put towards better things such as hospitals. However, if we used an appeal system like Americas to ensure innocent people do not get killed, death row inmates end up costing far more than people serving life sentences.

I just dont see the point in causing more harm to these people just to please some irrational emotional need of yours and other rightfully upset people. Not caving to these emotions is what stops civilised people like us from doing this.

yes we do need to stop this from ever happening again, but at the same time the sick ***** responsible for this need to get what they deserve, I don't see why anyone could disagree with that after what they did.
Reply 66
terry mccann
yes we do need to stop this from ever happening again, but at the same time the sick ***** responsible for this need to get what they deserve, I don't see why anyone could disagree with that after what they did.

Ok I think we have to agree to disagree, I believe in a rational measured response to crime, you seem to agree with that until your really really upset! then anything goes.
Reply 67
PNEJOE
Ok I think we have to agree to disagree, I believe in a rational measured response to crime, you seem to agree with that until your really really upset! then anything goes.

Listen pal I am pretty liberal about most things, like I believe ganja and most other drugs should be legal, and less tough sentences for non violent armed robberys and burglarys, but crimes like this would make any normal person feel sick, whether your a criminal or not.
Reply 68
terry mccann
Listen pal I am pretty liberal about most things, like I believe ganja and most other drugs should be legal, and less tough sentences for non violent armed robberys and burglarys, but crimes like this would make any normal person feel sick, criminal or not.

Ok! I agree with you on the drugs and less tough sentences, and I am not saying they should not be locked up, they should. I just hate the populist response to specific crimes, its a mob baying for blood.
Reply 69
Alright well we gonna have to agree to disagree then mate, I just don't think people should ever forget Michael, I know I wont.

Latest

Trending

Trending