What's Nerdy - Runescape or Call of Duty? Watch

m.grump
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Any form of leveling RPG is actually so boring to me these days. WOW is great for a bit, but the amount of grinding you need to do to actually get 'better' at the game is mindlessly tedious.
channy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Phalanges)
The nerd hierarchy of games basically goes:

Football Manager (there is nothing more nerdy than effectively just looking at spreadsheets for fun)
Strategy games
RPGs
Everything else

You can't call someone who plays an FPS a nerd. If you wanted to you could call them an intellectually-stunted blood-crazed loon without an ounce of independent thought, but nerd is most certainly the wrong term.
In college me and my mates used to go have a COD orgy in our free periods...we called it 'nerding out'.

You have COD nerds, then you have Runescape nerds.
Britishstudent
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Personally, I think COD is more sociable. You can talk and play with your friends, whereas with Runescape for MOST people it intends to be random people. The gameplay is also more exciting and more realistic.

The reason why it isn't considered nerdy is because most people play it, whereas only a few intend to play Runescape (obviously there a millions who do but in comparison to COD probably not as many!).
Wulf chan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
at school, it's generally the popular boys who shout about playing COD and they think it's cool. Runescape on the other hand, you don't admit to still playing it :| that was cool in year seven...

but that's just how other people view it. In my opinion, they're both as equally nerdy and you're basically sitting in front of a screen doing stuff that isn't real. But I love both games :P
talon1579
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's simple. COD has gone mainstream. Even lads play it now, so its no longer nerdy.
normandorp
Badges: 2
Report 8 years ago
omg i just got 18372 kill streak on shipment ffa wid m4 roxxor

just sayin
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (627)
80.59%
Leave (151)
19.41%

Watched Threads