Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey guys!

i cook a lot too, but i'll stock up on canned soups, rice and pasta to tide me over the lazy days.

oh, and in place of cookbooks (especially if you wanna save a little), try www.allrecipes.com. they've got pretty decent recipes and most are tried and tested. always good if u decide to be a little more adventurous. cheers!

ReputationRep:
    My annoying flatmates :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    You say this, but once you get there you'll live off cheese

Shepherds pie.

ReputationRep:
    If I do go? More bacon than you can possibly imagine :p:

ReputationRep:
    I really like cooking at home, but I get the feeling if I was doing it every day I might get slightly lazy. I'm worried that it'll just be pasta again and again and again after a while.

In THEORY though, I like cooking stuff like stir frys, chicken or fish with rice and vegetables, spaghetti bolognese and carbonara, omelettes and frittatas, and stuff like mexican.

I'm hoping that there'll be a few like minded people in my kitchen come september, who'll want to club together buying food and who'll want to cook for more than one person at a time. I think that'd make the most sense.

ReputationRep:
    In the beginning I'll definitely be making all the food I want to eat at home (but rarely can because my sister is such a picky eater) like soups, salads, various fish dishes, Asian-inspired stuff and so on.

Eventually I guess I'll probably be missing food from home so much I'll end up eating nothing but various forms of potatoes and meatballs, or my entire stash of Marabou chocolate.

ReputationRep:
    Toast and freezer food!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katebushfan)
    I love the way you wrote 'good mexican' and good is in capital letters, as opposed to my 'mexican' in the OP. :P.

For the record - I cook GOOD mexican too! I'd have a cook off with you if I going to East Anglia or Dundee... alas ;p.
    Ah, sorry. Not dissing you cooking! Ah that would be fun...! :/

Yes I am hoping that I have a bunch of helpless roommates so I can cook for them, but we will see!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stella476)
    I will be cooking 100 per cent of what I eat. My hope is that I can get people to pay for my delicious food (which will totally include GOOD Mexican) so I can cut down on costs.

I don't usually use recipes, but instead just make. I was allergic to everything (read: EVERYTHING) when I was little so I have been cooking since I can remember and am damn good at it.

So, anybody going to East Anglia <or possibly Dundee> who wants good food, I'm taking orders now! :P
    Please be in my flat at UEA. PLEASE.

ReputationRep:
    I love cooking, but it's just a case of where you place your priorities, money wise. I cook a lot, and spend a lot on it, but I drink less than some of my friends who live on super noodles, so the money works out.
    For me, cooking and experimenting is relaxing. Sometimes I cook big meals for people and they'll give me a couple of quid in return which works out nicely as I often wont use up all the ingredients I buy if it's just me and they go to waste.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucyyy)
    Please be in my flat at UEA. PLEASE.
    Totally! Hahaha Which type of flat are you wanting there?

ReputationRep:
    Totally! Hahaha Which type of flat are you wanting there?
    Campus en-suite with any luck, though I'm not fussy.. just want to be there now, really :p:

ReputationRep:
    I have cooked a LOT of sushi this year.

ReputationRep:
    Chicken AND scrambled egg, most likely.

Mm...chicken...

ReputationRep:
    Campus en-suite with any luck, though I'm not fussy.. just want to be there now, really :p:
    Yeah, I am not sure what I am wanting right now, but I don't think I can be picky cos international students don't have to firm their offers until 7 June and I didn't realise that waiting until then would make my housing decision later than most peoples'! We will see, though. I shall make the best of it! The campus en-suites are my #1, though.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I am not sure what I am wanting right now, but I don't think I can be picky cos international students don't have to firm their offers until 7 June and I didn't realise that waiting until then would make my housing decision later than most peoples'! We will see, though. I shall make the best of it! The campus en-suites are my #1, though.
    They don't allocate any accommodation until after A-level results day though (20-somethingth of August), so providing you do your accommodation app before then, you're at no disadvantage.

ReputationRep:
    They don't allocate any accommodation until after A-level results day though (20-somethingth of August), so providing you do your accommodation app before then, you're at no disadvantage.
    Oh! Okay I feel better. I will be visiting the campus one week from today ( :woo: ) so I will be able to look at each type of housing before deciding!

Ahhhhhhh I cannot believe I will be in England in a WEEK!
    <This is a bloody life dream of mine...>

ReputationRep:
    I can cook... pasta and jacket potato. And that's it.

ReputationRep:
    lots and lots of pasta

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.