Critical Thinking Unit 2? 20th May 2010 Watch

JoshC
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by thething135)
assumption in section B? i put that we have to assume the reason the zoos are dangerous for baby animals is because the zookeepers are not working hard enough.
Ohh, I think I put we assume that the same would happen if they were in the wild, or something
Salvius
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by olipal)
No. I got 84 ums in unit 1 in january (no idea how..) so need 76 ums for an A overall. Can't really see that happening now though, although I hope it will still be an improvement from the D i got last time.
That's very impressive for unit 1! i can safely say that i didn't get an A in that! You never really know. I presume that lots of people would have made the same mistake as you for the last couple of questions seeing as usually you get the choice to either support or challenge in an argument.
olipal
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Salvius)
That's very impressive for unit 1! i can safely say that i didn't get an A in that! You never really know. I presume that lots of people would have made the same mistake as you for the last couple of questions seeing as usually you get the choice to either support or challenge in an argument.
Just to clarify, the penultimate question gave you a choice right?
Salvius
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Just to clarify, the penultimate question gave you a choice right?
You mean the first argument? I am pretty sure it asked you to support the conclusion...i could be wrong
olipal
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You mean the first argument? I am pretty sure it asked you to support the conclusion...i could be wrong
The one that said scientists should do everything possible to prevent extinction?
Salvius
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The one that said scientists should do everything possible to prevent extinction?
yeh, i think the conclusion was 'we should do everything in our pwer to prevent extinction'.
JoshC
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It was definitely support the idea that scientists should do everything within their power
olipal
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by JoshC)
It was definitely support the idea that scientists should do everything within their power
Brilliant :facepalm2:
JoshC
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Oh dear lol
Salvius
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ooh...are you sure that you really remember challenging it? you may have just forgotten?
thething135
Report 8 years ago
i was so lucky i supported the first argument. its a 50-50 chance. just pure luck...
does anyone know the grade boundaries for the last ct unit 2 exam?
gildartz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by thething135)
i was so lucky i supported the first argument. its a 50-50 chance. just pure luck...
does anyone know the grade boundaries for the last ct unit 2 exam?
you needed 56 for an A
Salvius
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by gildartz)
you needed 56 for an A
How much do you need for Unit 1? do you know how kind they are with the marks don't think i have much chance of an A
Xannny
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The first argument went like this:

''We should do everything in our power to prevent the extinction of endangered animals and species''

And you had to SUPPORT the claim.

Are some of you sure that it said Scientist????
Salvius
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Xannny)
The first argument went like this:

''We should do everything in our power to prevent the extinction of endangered animals and species''

And you had to SUPPORT the claim.

Are some of you sure that it said Scientist????
I agree with you. I didn't put "scientists" , just "we"
Xannny
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I agree with you. I didn't put "scientists" , just "we"

Yeah thats what I did, I quoted it exactly as it appeared.

No sure how some people here got 'scientist' though Hope I didnt mis-read it.
gildartz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
How much do you need for Unit 1? do you know how kind they are with the marks don't think i have much chance of an A
think you needed 58 last time. Well there are quite a lot of questions in critical thinking which are quite open-ended (like giving your own reasons) so the mark schemes can only give examples of answers, therefore I assume examiners will be lenient on those questions but for closed questions (such as stating the main conclusion) they are quite strict with their marking.
Symonds
Report 8 years ago
What did everyone put for the argument or explanation question which was "at least one zoo has changed their aims" or something like that. I put that it suggests that other zoos have not changed their aims etc. so it aims to persuade that zoos should change their policies.
gildartz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Symonds)
What did everyone put for the argument or explanation question which was "at least one zoo has changed their aims" or something like that. I put that it suggests that other zoos have not changed their aims etc. so it aims to persuade that zoos should change their policies.
I put argument since it contained a conclusion and a reason but wasn't really sure.
piggy07
Report 8 years ago
Some of the questions really took the ****. Especially the multiple choice ones that ask what would most weaken/strengthen the argument. I swear there was one were all of the options were all half useless.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1441)
79.66%
Leave (368)
20.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed