which set of supporters are the most deluded ? Watch

NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm more interested in why the OP has changed his flag from Arsenal to Middlesbrough (with Liverpool in between, I think) tbh.
Erik.
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by rajandkwameali)

Man United - the second biggest club in the world, behind Real Madrid. All of the reasons that United fans cite for being the world's biggest club Real Madrid have. Global brand name, finance, global fan base, and Real have more European cups. And OK, Real won 6 in the 1950s, but since the start of the modern Champions League in 1992, Real has won it more times than United has.
So what makes them second ahead of Barcelona?
Jeppasloth
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by jakemittle)
Manchester City by far..
(Original post by Economist)
Spurs and Man City joint followed by Liverpool
Explain to me in what way our fans are at all deluded? If anything they're pessimistic to the point of suicide and it drives me mental.
Kevin J
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
England.
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Jeppasloth)
Explain to me in what way our fans are at all deluded? If anything they're pessimistic to the point of suicide and it drives me mental.
All this stuff since the club has come into money. Winning the prem/winning the champions league/biggest club in the world/top 4/we can buy anyone/the big tevez sign etc. There's been plenty of mugs who have appeared in the spotlight giving it large expecting to win things immediately. They may not be your average fan but there are plenty of these 'fans' around.
Jeppasloth
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
They're not the average fan. They have been purposely selected by the media to paint the author's picture of our club. I know pretty much everything in this thread is based on nonsense but of the City fans that go to games the vast majority are extremely down to earth.

I have a sixth sense for when people have replied I swear.
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's hard to judge but I don't think considering the extremes is unreasonable. I don't recall Chelsea fans making the noise City have when Roman took over, it was only once they started to win that the clowns came out in force
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Erik.)
Not sure. I'm confused on that one! May be an emphasis on being a 'brand' is included but surely European Cups have more of a weight than that alone. In which case, AC Milan are above them. :yep: Even then you have Liverpool too. Might see if I can do some doctoral work in Milan. :cool:
rajandkwameali
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Erik.)
What about Barcelona? I don't see the connection. Barca may be the best team in the world at the moment, but big team is not the same as big club.

the fact is Real Madrid have everything that Man U claims that makes them the world's biggest club. world famous ex-players (United have Best, Law, Beckham and Charlton but Real have Puskas, Di Stefano, and in more modern times Raul)
Phobia27
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Marshyy)
Sheffield United
YES. Glad somebody has pointed this out.
Marshyy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by V1NY)
Anyone who says Newcastle deserves to be hit with a crowbar. repeatedly. For believing the **** that spews out of the media. No one can give any real evidence, but all they do is read the **** papers.
Or we could talk to Newcastle fans? ******* hell.
Marshyy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Phobia27)
YES. Glad somebody has pointed this out.
They STILL think that they deserve to be in the Prem, and that it's still our fault that they haven't bounced back up yet :toofunny:
The Jack
Report 8 years ago
Geordies
username131927
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
all the Man United fans who live in the South and have no real links to the club and try justifying with excuses like 'My nan bought me a Jersey when I was 6 and I've been hooked ever since'. I mean just admit you support them because they win lots of trophies and lets get on with it!
ipswichblade
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
They STILL think that they deserve to be in the Prem, and that it's still our fault that they haven't bounced back up yet :toofunny:
None I know think that but still. Not even going to get into that debate anyway but some of us are realistic. We are in the championship where we deserve to be until we finish 1st, 2nd or win the play offs.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
They STILL think that they deserve to be in the Prem, and that it's still our fault that they haven't bounced back up yet
That was more of the regulatory bodies sucking up to traditional clubs more than anything.
OceanInTheSky
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Liverpool or Spurs
Tchaparian
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Leeds. They're convinced they're one of the best sides in the country, and are arrogant beyond belief. And winning the Inter-Cities Fairs twice in the 60s/70s doesn't make you champions of Europe...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (294)
26.09%
Yes - they're famous (286)
25.38%
No I don't (547)
48.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed