Turn on thread page Beta

Eurovision 2010 - Competition! watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Who should win eurovision?
    Azerbaijan
    0.82%
    Spain
    0.82%
    Norway
    1.64%
    Moldova
    3.28%
    Cyprus
    1.64%
    Bosnia & Herzegovina
    1.64%
    Belgium
    10.66%
    Serbia
    0.82%
    Belarus
    0%
    Ireland
    0.82%
    Greece
    6.56%
    United Kingdom
    7.38%
    Georgia
    2.46%
    Turkey
    9.84%
    Albania
    0%
    Iceland
    1.64%
    Ukraine
    0%
    France
    23.77%
    Romania
    1.64%
    Russia
    2.46%
    Armenia
    2.46%
    Germany
    17.21%
    Portugal
    0%
    Israel
    0.82%
    Denmark
    1.64%

ReputationRep:
    Count me in!

ReputationRep:
    Israel for meeee!

ReputationRep:
    Also, I will volunteer to rep the winner (even though my rep power isn't that great - it's the thought that counts!) :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    What a great idea :p: I would like to participate !!!! represent Lithuania :yep:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RBrUyvUOsA

http://fanclub.inculto.net/

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to play too pleeeeease

ReputationRep:
    Can i be in please

ReputationRep:
    :woo: I'm in the first batch :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Oh second in the second batch, i'm excited :mmm: As long as i don't get Spain....they always have a joke entrant

ReputationRep:
    i'm number 51
    when will we known who we've got?

ReputationRep:
    :woo: Can I join too? :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm in. Sounds like fun.

ReputationRep:
    Can I still join?? :yum:

ReputationRep:
    May I join please?

I love the ESC, watch it every year and have held parties for it in the past. It's also a great betting opportunity. I made £30 last year, and £50 in 2008! :cool:

It's so bad it's brilliant!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Nombre)
    May I join please?

I love the ESC, watch it every year and have held parties for it in the past. It's also a great betting opportunity. I made £30 last year, and £50 in 2008! :cool:

It's so bad it's brilliant!

What did you bet on, the winner or crazy bets like exactly how many points certain nations would get?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Phalanges,
    I usually place a bet on the winner, and two smaller bets on who will come top of the semis (keep in mind the results for the winner of the semis don't tend to come out until a day after the final)

Greece coming top of one the semis in 2008 'earned' me about £15.

Some betting companies will even let you put on bets for who will qualify in the semis, which is easy money! But the odds are pretty rubbish.

I have been betting on the ESC since 2007, and I haven't lost any money yet...

This year is quite tough to predict. I think Azerbaijan will win, and Slovakia and Croatia might do quite well. I doubt Germany will win, but it will come in the top 4.

EDIT: I shouldn't really be encouraging gambling... Oh well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Nombre)
    Hi Phalanges,
    I usually place a bet on the winner, and two smaller bets on who will come top of the semis (keep in mind the results for the winner of the semis don't tend to come out until a day after the final)

Greece coming top of one the semis in 2008 'earned' me about £15.

Some betting companies will even let you put on bets for who will qualify in the semis, which is easy money! But the odds are pretty rubbish.

I have been betting on the ESC since 2007, and I haven't lost any money yet...

This year is quite tough to predict. I think Azerbaijan will win, and Slovakia and Croatia might do quite well. I doubt Germany will win, but it will come in the top 4.

EDIT: I shouldn't really be encouraging gambling... Oh well!
    I had no idea people had such insight into the workings of Eurovision. :p: I just thought the results were largely whoever East Europe decided to support on the night...

ReputationRep:
    I'll answer a couple of the questions later tonight/tomorrow morning as soon as study help modding dies down from exams today, sorry about the delay :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I had no idea people had such insight into the workings of Eurovision. I just thought the results were largely whoever East Europe decided to support on the night...
    I just have a habit of getting carried away with it.

The ex-Soviets aren’t the only ones with their own block too. The Scandinavian block is pretty powerful. Plus, the jury system makes things a lot more interesting and unpredictable. It was the main reason why we were 5th last year...

*backs away from the thread in realisation of how sad she is* :o:

ReputationRep:
    First semi-final tonight. There's 17 performing and 10 will go through, then the same happens on thursday at which point I'll give you all a country ready for saturday. I'm deliberately not giving anyone countries until after the semies so everyone gets a chance on the night

ReputationRep:
    If I get the UK I will be severely disappointed in you timewarp.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.