How did everyone find the AQA Biology exam? Watch

starlust
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by theharrovian)
Yeah, I'm talking about B3 - amylase is a carbohydrase but I think it asked for a specific one - I only guessed amylase as it would break down the starch in the plant material into simple sugars for respiration...
That sounds about right then cos i put down carbohydrase because it breaks down starch into glucose for the fuel. Hope we're both right!
hughh20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I found B2 pretty easy, and I hope to get A/A*, but I utterly failed the carbon compound question. It never occurred to me they were talking about glucose or starch.
B3 was hard for the first 4 questions, but then it got easier, (or more into what I revised more), and I raped the last question on active transport, osmosis and urine.

(Original post by starlust)
That sounds about right then cos i put down carbohydrase because it breaks down starch into glucose for the fuel. Hope we're both right!
You'd probably get credit for that, since you wrote the 'family'amylase comes from.
Jadelyndsey
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Cardboard)
Was anyone else pissed off when they spent hours revising genetic diagrams and punnet squares, only to find it had not even been MENTIONED.

That was pointless.
YES! I also spent about 3 hours before the exam learning everything related to the pancreas,glucose/sugar levels, glycogen, glucagon, glycerol, none of which i do believe were mentioned, or mentioned very much! I learned bloody everything about cystic fibrosis and huntingtons disease too, seen as 2 past papers i had completed (which were so easy compared to this exam) were filled with q's related to those disorders.

I wanted to die when i left that room. All my friends said "oh did you get this?" and another friend would say "Yes i did!" I was stood there like this :|

So much for a level biology. Il be lucky if i even get a C for biology at GCSE!
purple clouds
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by GunnerArshavin)
Well he's wrong ? as how can you measure oxygen produced if they're asking how to measure the rate haha, meant to give a reason. I think the time could be right.
eh?
the question was asking you to measure the rate of photosynthesis, and you find this out by dividing the volume of oxygen produced by the time taken to produce it
nowrin
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by theharrovian)
Yeah, I'm talking about B3 - amylase is a carbohydrase but I think it asked for a specific one
DAMN. I put carbohydrase!
hughh20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Was anyone else pissed off when they spent hours revising genetic diagrams and punnet squares, only to find it had not even been MENTIONED.

That was pointless.
I think that's on B1? But yeah, i'm also annoyed that didn't come up.
xsweetcherrypiex
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Bungo)
i did both b2 and b3, b2 was harder than b3 as the graphs and sankey diagrams were impossible to interpet, i am getting the paper we did this morning later this afternoon ( my dad is a exam officer) and i will post the questions and answers, pm or quote me if you want the questions and the correct answers
Oscar
I pm'd you
Please could you send b2 to me? I will be so grateful!!!!!!!
xsweetcherrypiex
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

That was pointless.
exactly!!! they completely skipped the whole inheritance topic and thought instead they'd replace it with stupid questions we know nothing about like a stupid ice drink!!!!
blingmonkeys
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Bungo)
i did both b2 and b3, b2 was harder than b3 as the graphs and sankey diagrams were impossible to interpet, i am getting the paper we did this morning later this afternoon ( my dad is a exam officer) and i will post the questions and answers, pm or quote me if you want the questions and the correct answers
Oscar
Send them to me please.
Iepnauy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Failed B3 Bring on chemistry =)
Cardboard
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Jadelyndsey)
YES! I also spent about 3 hours before the exam learning everything related to the pancreas,glucose/sugar levels, glycogen, glucagon, glycerol, none of which i do believe were mentioned, or mentioned very much! I learned bloody everything about cystic fibrosis and huntingtons disease too, seen as 2 past papers i had completed (which were so easy compared to this exam) were filled with q's related to those disorders.

I wanted to die when i left that room. All my friends said "oh did you get this?" and another friend would say "Yes i did!" I was stood there like this :|

I came out thinking what an awful experience I've just had to go through.
&& to think I memorised the whole ******* book. They ask me to count dots on a stupid sanky diagram.. :/

We'll see how physics turns out, I picked it at A level, because i'm cool.
Apparently, AS is more knowledge based so no more random questions.
Cardboard
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Iepnauy)
Failed B3 Bring on chemistry =)
:thumbsup:
Banoffeepie16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by GunnerArshavin)
Unit 2 was okay, carbon compounds was the only main thing I had problems with. I guessed it.

And for the proportion one, I didn't know what to write, so I wrote 4/40 and 10% , hopefully one of those is right :lol:
I also got 10%- it seemed straight forward enough.
ellyrie
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Daniel Anderson from Bourne Lincolnshire here.

If I'm honest with you these papers were the easiest exams I have ever done, very simple questions and answers bring on Chemistry tbh.

Why is the A* boundary at 29/45 rediculous it should be at least 40,

Anyway if you want to compare answers facebook me http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=725579055

Cya later
xsweetcherrypiex
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Jadelyndsey)

Exactly!!!! You have literally written everything I am thinking!!!!
I learnt the whole bloody AQA biology textbook for them to ask me about an ice cold drink raising the temperature, carbon compounds and an f***ing sankey diagram!!
Banoffeepie16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Bungo)
Oscar
Yes please, would be very grateful.
blingmonkeys
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The enzyme was amylase as this breaks down maize starch into glucose (energy source)

The two carbon compounds were glucose (C6H12O6) and methane (CH4).
ellyrie
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Carbon compounds:

Glucose
Starch
Fats
Proteins
Amino Acids

Enzyme I put carbohydrases or amalyse.
Banoffeepie16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ellyrie)
Carbon compounds:

Glucose
Starch
Fats
Proteins
Amino Acids

Enzyme I put carbohydrases or amalyse.
Which was the enzyme question?
Iepnauy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Banoffeepie16)
Which was the enzyme question?
It was in B3 . Ethonal-based question.

Stupid question -.-"
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1623)
79.13%
Leave (428)
20.87%

Watched Threads