AQA AS German 21 May 2010 Watch

Anon1993
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
With the b-----kosten thing, one of the guys in my class is practically german, and he said it was betriebskosten - as in running costs?
I didn't get it at all tho :P nor the swimming pools bit :P
jontylol
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anon1993)
With the b-----kosten thing, one of the guys in my class is practically german, and he said it was betriebskosten - as in running costs?
I didn't get it at all tho :P nor the swimming pools bit :P
That makes more sense, as it mentions benzin later on. I just put the price is increasing though :P
Anon1993
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by jontylol)
That makes more sense, as it mentions benzin later on. I just put the price is increasing though :P
Same :P I think it's safe to say that i'll be retaking. . .

does anyone know roughly how many marks you can drop but still get an A?
linzcc48
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by bun)
Yeah, I really didn't like that question - I can't even remember what I put for it! As for the essay, I did think about the 'Werbung' one, but then I am only good at poiting out the negatives of adverts, e.g. Insidious, targets children, brainwashing etc. I'm not good at talking about positives.

I did the health essay in the end, I had about 1 hr 15 minutes to write it, and still didn't have enough time, there was so much to say!
1hr 15 minutes for the writing? does that mean you did the listening and reading in 45 minutes? i had hardly any time for the writing.. :/
linzcc48
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by piggy07)
Did not even get to that, I spent too long prancing about on the reading, hyperventilating through my rushed writing-which did not even make 2 pages and by listening I was having an aneurysm...
don't worry i did the same
i started with the listening spent ages on it rushed the writing and grammar and didn't make 2 pages on the writing.. F*ck and i am meant to get an A. does anyone know how much the Oral is worth % wise?
Anon1993
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by linzcc48)
don't worry i did the same
i started with the listening spent ages on it rushed the writing and grammar and didn't make 2 pages on the writing.. F*ck and i am meant to get an A. does anyone know how much the Oral is worth % wise?
Isn't it around 30% ? think so anyway
linzcc48
Report 8 years ago
oh maybe, i was hoping it was more because i think i failed the exam today. so annoying cos last years exam i did for my mock and got a B
bun
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by linzcc48)
1hr 15 minutes for the writing? does that mean you did the listening and reading in 45 minutes? i had hardly any time for the writing.. :/
Yeah, ~40-50 minutes on the listening and reading. I just listened to some things twice, but mainly, everything once. I find my problems lie in getting full marks in the writing. I tend to get ~28/30 out of 35 in all of our practice essays, so I decided that I would give myself plenty of time, as it is the content I always lose marks on. For this, I got a bit about less sport being played, due to cost, and people doing other things - I also got a load of other things taht leads to obesity etc, and didn't even get chence to write about lung cancer, breathing difficulties etc caused by smoking, and the sdeath of nerve cells due to drugs, whichj I was oping to get in - even with 1 hr 15 mins I didn't have time!
linzcc48
Report 8 years ago
yeah i did the health question too and wrote about exercise and sport in school and unhealthy food etc (the obvious) and a little bit about anorexia and stress but didn't have time to talk about drugs alcohol :/
timing is the issue for me, especially on the llstening. did anyone find the grammar section quite good? i hope i didn't rush it.
kirsty17x
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Okay, so I'm pretty sure I've completely failed that exam. I spent wayyyy too much time just listening to the cd and reading the texts and not enough time writing the answers! my essay was quite bad and I missed out quite a few questions :/ Bye Bye pass in German.
linzcc48
Report 8 years ago
i did too Kirsty. i'm just hoping the grade boundaries are nice and low
themissingpiece of urhart
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
for the writing did you all use a range of complex structures?? btw what is the whole paper out of....is the writing worth the most...coz i think i did well on the writing
kirsty17x
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yeah same looks like I'll probably be resitting it next year anyway
kirsty17x
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by themissingpiece of urhart)
for the writing did you all use a range of complex structures?? btw what is the whole paper out of....is the writing worth the most...coz i think i did well on the writing
I didn't really use any complex structures, I think mine was a bit repetitive and the writing is out of 35 I think
bun
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I got Subjunctive, pluperfect, passive, past, imperfect, perfect and future, along with constructions like 'es gilt als' but I kept thinking I'd forgotten something, and only used one pluperfect, but then again, I didn't want it to seem like a ticklist making sure I had one of everything
SiaSiaSia
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by bun)
I got Subjunctive, pluperfect, passive, past, imperfect, perfect and future, along with constructions like 'es gilt als' but I kept thinking I'd forgotten something, and only used one pluperfect, but then again, I didn't want it to seem like a ticklist making sure I had one of everything
i had a ticklist :teeth:
XYYZ
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by bun)
lollll... it was a tick list nevertheless though!
lovinit820
Report 8 years ago
listening was ok
reading was SOLID. the one about the cinema killed me and so did the last one where we had to write in german. i had 15 minutes for the essay and i didnt check any of my work and was not grammer aware in teh essay becauyse of the time. SO ANNOYED. but it was the hardest paper iv done in comparison to any of teh others.
XYYZ
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by SiaSiaSia)
i had a ticklist :teeth:
oh god, should i have had a tick list?!?!
bun
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by XYYZ)
lollll... it was a tick list nevertheless though!
lol - Well, I scribbled one down on the planning sheet after doing the reading, but I tried not to make it too obvious!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1019)
79.18%
Leave (268)
20.82%

Watched Threads