Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'll get a B or a C or something, based on a 60 Raw marks Agrade boundary. Maybe they will deny error and put the boundaries to 70/75, but I doubt people really have that. It was just stupidly hard, I think we should all complain to be honest, it's clearly not a one-off either. My grades at the end of this year are going to be AACa and I think that's just ridiculous, especially since i got 100 in my first philosophy paper, and the suggestion is i'll probably do it again xD. This is madness!

ReputationRep:
    yeah i completely agree too! i revised so much, and it was just a waste of time!
    it was like one big skills paper, and the people that have probably done really well are the people that didnt revise!
    its just so annoying!
    im hoping the grade boundaries are lower than in jan!

ReputationRep:
    for this to be realistic the boundaries will have to be about 50 raw marks out of 120 for an A :s

I can't see it happening, but the last two papers it's been 55 and 60, so maybe. I know a girl in my class who didn't revise at all and I think she'll probably do better than me. Irritating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyam)
    Also as a point, it's kind of like they wanted to make the paper easier for people who hadn't revised :s by getting rid of most necessity for knowing the subject matter, I could probably have got nearly the same amount of marks if I hadn't revised. With the exception of the rivers case study and some questions on cold environments.
    I'm so with you on the revision thing, I revised so so so much I could have told you everything about every landform etc. But it was so annoying with those damn OS maps, and people who did literally no revision will probably get higher marks than me! It's a joke!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChubbyRain)
    I'm so with you on the revision thing, I revised so so so much I could have told you everything about every landform etc. But it was so annoying with those damn OS maps, and people who did literally no revision will probably get higher marks than me! It's a joke!
    well thats good because its probably more a test of intelligence rather than just recall- A at a AS+A levels are designed for the most intelligent candidates

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashton.alfred)
    well thats good because its probably more a test of intelligence rather than just recall- A at a AS+A levels are designed for the most intelligent candidates
    If you were right we wouldn't study the course for two years ****. What's the point in learning a course just to be asked ridiculous questions and then have someone turn around and say you're clearly not intelligent enough, and as a point I got 3 As in january I think i'm intelligent enough, but I'll be lucky to get a C in this

ReputationRep:
    [email protected] Complain to this

ReputationRep:
    Create a facebook group tbh, and get people to join.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antz_1991)
    Create a facebook group tbh, and get people to join.
    You make it i'll join

ReputationRep:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=122991361057714&re f=mf

ReputationRep:
    Joined + commented.

ReputationRep:
    yeh seen, gonna inv everyone to get their thoughts on it

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to try and get people to join and leave comments on it, preferably those who took geography but hell i'm not too picky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyam)
    If you were right we wouldn't study the course for two years ****. What's the point in learning a course just to be asked ridiculous questions and then have someone turn around and say you're clearly not intelligent enough, and as a point I got 3 As in january I think i'm intelligent enough, but I'll be lucky to get a C in this
    i never said you were not intelligent you may well be, i was speaking generally what were you 3 A's in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashton.alfred)
    i never said you were not intelligent you may well be, i was speaking generally what were you 3 A's in?
    Philosophy 100/100
    RS and Critical thinking (:

Aye, sorry, I got a bit stressed there, it's really hot in here aha

ReputationRep:
    Weather today is mint

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antz_1991)
    Weather today is mint
    I'm sat inside on TSR complaining about my geography exam. I've barely seen the light of day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChubbyRain)
    I want to get an A, but I added up my rough amount of marks and its at about 80-90/120, do you think that the grade boundaries will drop enough for me to get an A... even if I just scrape an A?

Thanks
    You had time to add up a rough score?!?! Erm, probably, just try and do well on the skills paper to increase your chances. I hope mine didn't go too badly!! I need A grades too...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swimstar)
    You had time to add up a rough score?!?! Erm, probably, just try and do well on the skills paper to increase your chances. I hope mine didn't go too badly!! I need A grades too...
    80 will definitely be enough. past two papers 55 and 60, this paper was harder, why would it jump up 20 marks?

ReputationRep:
    i wonder what the skills paper will be like.....

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.