WJEC CH1 Chemistry exam - 21/05/10 Watch

abhijitnair
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by JosephRedfern)
What did you put for the SiH4 questoin? I got 48g, since the mr of one was half that of the other, and 96/2 = 48g
was that c?
NcJns
Report 8 years ago
For the question "Describe and expalain the changes in rate using collision theory"

I wote firstly a description of how the rate initially increases rapidly and then stops at 0.65. I then said that when reacting partilces collide they must have the required activation energy, and the catalyst present lowers this activation energy. This means more particles collide with the required activation energy, and therefore this causes the rapid rise of the rate of reaction. The rate of reaction begins to slow down and stop at 0.65 because all of reactant A has been converted.

Do you think this is right?
Rossshaw
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by NcJns)
For the question "Describe and expalain the changes in rate using collision theory"

I wote firstly a description of how the rate initially increases rapidly and then stops at 0.65. I then said that when reacting partilces collide they must have the required activation energy, and the catalyst present lowers this activation energy. This means more particles collide with the required activation energy, and therefore this causes the rapid rise of the rate of reaction. The rate of reaction begins to slow down and stop at 0.65 because all of reactant A has been converted.

Do you think this is right?
I think it's about the concentration of reactant. More concentration of reactant = more particles per unit vol = faster rate.
abhijitnair
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Rossshaw)
I think it's about the concentration of reactant. More concentration of reactant = more particles per unit vol = faster rate.
yea th's wt i thought!
an A then?
planetconwy1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by x_Melissa_x)
In January, you needed:

A 56
B 50
C 44
D 38
E 33
hey where did you find this out? i worked it out to be 64/80 for an A. Also do you reckon that it will be similar for CH2?
abhijitnair
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by planetconwy1)
hey where did you find this out? i worked it out to be 64/80 for an A. Also do you reckon that it will be similar for CH2?
on the examiner reports. u don't need 80% raw to get A
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (553)
80.49%
Leave (134)
19.51%

Watched Threads