PC2 Maths, AQA 24/05/10 Watch

rob...
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
You're allowed a graphics calculator, so for the translation i just plotted both the graphs and set the parameters of the x-axis too 0-1, and the graph repeated itself so it was obvious that it was a translation of 3/4 units. I STRONGLY RECOMEND A GRAPHICS CALCULATOR IN THESE EXAMS!!! plus it also does differentiation, stationary points, integration and series too :P
Phalange
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by rob...)
Yeh i did! i used 18.5 for the angle though which could have reduced accuracy and made my 3rd sig figs wrong! I need to start using the ANSWER button on my calculators!
It doesn't matter
I did it with 180-150-11.5 AND 180-150-the unrounded answer
One gave like (example) 18.57 and another 18.55 so either way, when you give 3sf. you get same answer
rob...
Rep:
?
Yes they change every year, however i thyink on the whols the paper wasn't too bad, just some really easy (rewrite (x^3 + x^1/2)/x LOL) and some really confusing ones, e.g. the translations and 8eii...
OneInSolidarity
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Oh god i've realised where ive gone wrong. It was y=2^4(X-1) Not 2^(4x-1)
Phalange
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by memomemootoo)
do the grade boundaries change every year or not?
Yeah depending on how people do
I remember with Edexcel chem last year to get an A you needed around 65% ! Ridiculous how many people flopped
lifeadd1ct
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by memomemootoo)
do the grade boundaries change every year or not?
they do indeed. For pure core 3 this january, the grade boundaries were the lowest ever- 57/75 for an A. If a lot of people failed this exam or didn't do particularly well, the grade boundaries will change but maximum by a few marks, so do not rely heavily on getting a better grade.
Phalange
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm wondering how many marks was the last one and the transformations? I think 3 and 2?

Last one... all I showed was that the equation = 0.8 blah but I didn't show that the one they give you (the 1/4cos....) = 0.8 aswell
Tried to make the first equation look identical to the second but couldn't do I just did that... (
lifeadd1ct
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Phalange)
I'm wondering how many marks was the last one and the transformations? I think 3 and 2?

Last one... all I showed was that the equation = 0.8 blah but I didn't show that the one they give you (the 1/4cos....) = 0.8 aswell
Tried to make the first equation look identical to the second but couldn't do I just did that... (
0.8 for what? I thought the last question was the logs questions
rob...
Rep:
?
I say mechanics 1B in January and I missed a 6 MARK QUESTION, but still i got 100/100 UMS for it.
Peoeple really did do badly on that one!!!
Nymthae
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
That went horrible for me, I didn't even think the paper was that bad but I got so messy towards the end.

Trapezium rule I ended up doing wrong, ended up using the wrong graph (got coords using calc etc.). Didn't have time to check as I had no time left, else I would've easily spotted that as I knew something wasn't right with the figure I came out with.

Ughhh, looks like a resit for me
rob...
Rep:
?
I don't remember 1/4cos... = 0.8 either :O
Did i miss a page!
lifeadd1ct
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
do you mean cos(theta)=0.5?
Phalange
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by lifeadd1ct)
0.8 for what? I thought the last question was the logs questions
Yes logs sorry
If you work out the number you get for x, its like 0.8 I think if I remember correctly
rob...
Rep:
?
Can someone confirm what the very last question was please?!
Averagegirl:)
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by OneInSolidarity)
Oh god i've realised where ive gone wrong. It was y=2^4(X-1) Not 2^(4x-1)
Urgh, I did the EXACT same thing. Would we actually get any marks at all for that? :confused:
OneInSolidarity
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Anyone know how many marks the Translation question (Not inc. drawing the graph) was worth and how much the last question was worth, thanks.
OneInSolidarity
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Averagegirl:))
Urgh, I did the EXACT same thing. Would we actually get any marks at all for that? :confused:
I'm not sure We could hope for one...
Phalange
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by OneInSolidarity)
Anyone know how many marks the Translation question (Not inc. drawing the graph) was worth and how much the last question was worth, thanks.
From what I remember and someone has said the transformation was 2 marks. I guess one for stating its a TRANSLATION and another mark for saying (3/4 0)

Last one was 3 I think
Jono404
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Last log question was 4 I think and as someone said earlier the translations were worth 2 and 4.
rob...
Rep:
?
Phla, i did exactly the same at first, It'd be better if they said, "using your answer to part ei"...
Perhaps because they didnt you may get most of the marks for it :P:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (22)
43.14%
Pro-humanity (29)
56.86%