Turn on thread page Beta

Chavs next door, sitting on our wall, being loud & intimidating...what to do? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrrye)
    I hope that started with F :mad: :eek3:
    Oh it did :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4TSR)
    I think it's time we set-up a group of TSR elites called the Chav-Hunters. People post their problems and the area which needs some cleaning up, and we go down there and sort it in a good professional manner with flamethrowers, RPGs and sniper rifles.
    What in God's name would make you come up with such a fundamentally retarded idea? :hmmmm:

Much better to use an assault rifle. Or, better yet, a carbine! "YEAH, *******! YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONES WHO CONCEAL THEIR ****, **** YEAH!"

*ahem*

Or maybe just not blow **** up with RPGs and burn **** down with Flamethrowers, jesus...

...'cause using .44 Magnum FMJ rounds is so much more personal, stylish and badass...:wink2:

(Original post by Dinendal Leralonde)
    I can't believe some people think asking the scum is gonna work. How naive do you have to be? Chavs generally antagonise for absolutely no reason, other than the fact that they're scum. Hell, I got abuse today for wearing a shirt.
    Thank you. Precisely.

They're hardly pesky little 16 yr olds...
    Ugh, they're so frickin loud and talk such crap. Is there nowhere else for them to go?

I can't believe that the only solution is to rip the frickin wall down, it's quite nice as well. It's like a meter tall, it'd be a shame to tear it down due to some eejats I guess there's nothing else we can do though, ugh.

Maybe we could put metal border type thing on top, not necessarily spikes but like some kind of pretty fencing, so that it's not as antagonising but it still makes a point of the issue? Although they might still come round and lean on it...

Bleh :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    put iron rails on the top of your wall, stopped kids walking along ours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok, so basically outside our house is a wall and the people next door always come out and sit on it, especially during these summer months. They don't sit outside their own house / any other house on the road as the rest of the houses have just got fences around their front garden.

So basically they sit there usually being loud, often smoking, sometimes drinking / doing weed right outside our house (they're all around 20 and their mates come and hang round as well during the day).

I get quite annoyed about it. The whole area looks cheap because of their loitering around and it's embarrassing when people come round. In fact i feel intimidated on my way out / in when there's large groups of them sitting on & around our wall.

What do we do? We're too scared to say anything to them and don't wanna cause any conflict...
    Call the police, tell them how you feel. You can arrange one of those appointments and they can see what to do with your local council if you feel uncomfortable around them.

ReputationRep:
    Water gun, filled with urine.
    Go go go!

(Original post by L i b)
    Then you live with it, as a consequence of your own cowardice. What? You didn't expect your negative personality traits to have unpleasant consequences for you? Then I'm afraid you're a fool.

I suppose you could always move. Run, run away!

Or fill your living room with sand and hide your head in it.
    Hah, yeah easier said than done.

I'd love to see you try Tory boy.

...they'd probably pull you pants down in front of everyone and give you a hiding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MancBoy)
    I am in the same situation but instead of chavs its scummy rah students.
    KILL ALL RAHS!!!!

Especially rahish ********* who loiter and insist on talking ridiculously loudly with their painfully drawn out vowels about how rich mummy and daddy are.

ARGH MAKE THEM DIE!

ReputationRep:
    Bang bang

ReputationRep:
    Well you can report it to your local neighbourhood watch/governmental authority people (sorry for the vagueness)...

ReputationRep:
    Become mates with them. Then it is you and your boys sat on your wall listening to tunes and having a smoke.

Suddenly the whole situation has been reversed :p:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4TSR)
    I think it's time we set-up a group of TSR elites called the Chav-Hunters. People post their problems and the area which needs some cleaning up, and we go down there and sort it in a good professional manner with flamethrowers, RPGs and sniper rifles.
    With hardware like that this service is bound to be expensive. I'll personally have some of my lads go and chib one of them in the throat for, like the bus fare and your jacket or something.

ReputationRep:
    anti-climb paint

ReputationRep:
    Open all your windows and play this as loud as you can. If that doesn't drive them away, nothing will and you may aswell move house.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Call the police and say you thought you saw one with a gun.

ReputationRep:
    Get out there and sit on your own wall dammit!

Never know, they might turn out to be a very nice bunch of chaps :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    Shoot to thrill, play to kill.

Sit on the wall and debate with them.
    AC/DC fan in the house :yep:

But that would work only if they had brains.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hah, yeah easier said than done.

I'd love to see you try Tory boy.

...they'd probably pull you pants down in front of everyone and give you a hiding.
    Quite. I think you'll find in the real world that most people take quite well to being dealt with politely and respectfully. It's better than listening to dolts suggest calling the police or something equally difficult.

Ultimately, if you're too scared to even ask someone to stop doing something with your property, then there's very little point in even owning it.

(Original post by johnbrown)
    One person against 20 chavs... that's going to turn out well

Garry Newlove comes to mind; that didn't work out too nicely now, did it?

Chavs very rarely listen to anything anyone tells them to do
    Silly 'broken Britain' type stereotyping. Most people are fairly decent, and asking someone to get off your wall is perfectly ordinary. Believing that there's a serious possibility of being attacked in the street in broad daylight simply for asking for something utterly reasonable is paranoid.

ReputationRep:
    Buy a rottweiler, a german shepherd, a staffordshire bull terrier, and a goat. Set them free!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    Ultimately, if you're too scared to even ask someone to stop doing something with your property, then there's very little point in even owning it.
    Agreed.

OP, grow a pair.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.