First solo drive after passing test Watch

aerobicsgirl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by jordan200888)
this sounds so lame now but i didnt get a car for 2 months after i passed and my first journey was with my mum - i done a test drive to my college (15 mins away) :o:

It was exactly the same for me my very nervous mum was in the passenger seat as I drove us to the supermarket- lame I know!
It was today by the way
:o:
Deutsch_Beth
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
First drive was about 2 weeks after passing my test. Going to school a couple of miles away down the lanes - my dad refused to let me drive for the first time after my test on my own, as getting into my 6th form car park involves a very tight stone gateway off a fast and busy road, so he wanted to check I could do it ok :rollseyes:
When it got to getting up at 7 in the morning on the actual day though, his will to stay in bed was obviously stronger than his will to check if i could drive ok tho, as he just rolled over in his sleep and told me he would let me go alone.
Anyway, it was fine - I was terrified, went about 20mph even in the widest part of the lanes and didn't even dare to put the radio on, but by the time i got there i had relaxed quite a bit, and even risked a bit of radio 1 on the way home after school!
JWilson182
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Did you lose a car door in the process?
IWMTom
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by JWilson182)
Did you lose a car door in the process?
This thread is over 6 years old.....
PTMalewski
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just go to a test/racing track with a slip plate and hire a racing or a rally driver to teach you some real skills and confidence behind the wheel.

Besides, it's lots of fun.
Escalade50
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Your laughing at being drunk while driving you need to grow some brains
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1116)
78.93%
Leave (298)
21.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed