Turn on thread page Beta

Muslims, who do you put first? watch

• View Poll Results: Muslims, who do you put first?
    My fellow countrymen
    8.21%
    My Muslim brothers and sisters
    35.75%
    I'm not a Muslim
    56.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by satisfactionatlast)
    .this thread is kinda racist...
    Islam is not a race. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hhsb123)
    what is it with all these "do muslims.." "would muslims" threads? we're not frikking aliens! and you can't collectively judge since we all have different opinions being different indiviuals. thank you very much OP for generalising and sticking us all into one category when concerning something that is completely dependent on the person. why don't you just pop us all in an observation tank and see how we react in a scientific experiment.
    D.I.P.S.H.I.T
    this.
    well said hhsb123:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Put first in terms of what?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LivingMemory)
    I may have come on a little bit strong initially but only because this feels like a rejection by the Muslim community - essentially 'we may live here with you, but that doesn't mean we care'. If someone looks at 7/7 and can't decide which side they are on, because they feel more affinity to Muslims, even though they did wrong, that worries me.
    No one does that though. I knew this was gonna happen, Muslims will say they'll put Muslims first (whatever that means) then all the Non-Muslims will go "Oh you must support X,Y,Z group cause they're Muslim". It's not as simple as that.

And Ok, those are accepting passages. However I'm sure they have been cherry picked, you could read the Quran right now and find me passages on stoning non-believers and waging war for Islam to conquer and convert the world.
    Lol at stoning non-believers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiberius)
    Islam is not a race. :rolleyes:
    He means xenophobic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    He means xenophobic.
    LOL just what I said earlier. lool

ReputationRep:
    You're telling me that they're can't be any ambiguity regarding indentity? It's not a zero sum game.
    Not that much. People will generally know what the OP means.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    Considering this proves all Muslims hate Atheist, or anybody not Muslim, I conclude I hate you all and you deserve no respect. Leave my country and leave this .co.uk forum.
    i hate you aswell, and no, you gtfo.

ReputationRep:
    I may have come on a little bit strong initially but only because this feels like a rejection by the Muslim community - essentially 'we may live here with you, but that doesn't mean we care'. If someone looks at 7/7 and can't decide which side they are on, because they feel more affinity to Muslims, even though they did wrong, that worries me.

And Ok, those are accepting passages. However I'm sure they have been cherry picked, you could read the Quran right now and find me passages on stoning non-believers and waging war for Islam to conquer and convert the world.
    Answer me this: Why would Quran propagate the conversion of the whole world? Would a conversion by force (sword) really soften them spiritually?It all goes against Quran init self: Surah al-Kafiruun.

ReputationRep:
    You accepted Islam in this country when you wanted cheap labour from the third world back in the 60s.
    Simple immigration, we didn't force anyone here. We were just accepting and opened the doors to who wanted to come.

Lol at stoning non-believers.
    Stoning non-Mulisms, was it such a ridiculous suggestion given the Quran's other advice?

024.002 The woman and the man guilty of adultery or fornication,- flog each of them with a hundred stripes: Let not compassion move you in their case, in a matter prescribed by Allah, if ye believe in Allah and the Last Day: and let a party of the Believers witness their punishment. 024.003 Let no man guilty of adultery or fornication marry and but a woman similarly guilty, or an Unbeliever: nor let any but such a man or an Unbeliever marry such a woman: to the Believers such a thing is forbidden. 024.004 And those who launch a charge against chaste women, and produce not four witnesses (to support their allegations),- flog them with eighty stripes; and reject their evidence ever after: for such men are wicked transgressors;- 024.005 Unless they repent thereafter and mend (their conduct); for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. 024.006 And for those who launch a charge against their wives, and have (in support) no evidence but their own,- their solitary evidence (can be received) if they bear witness four times (with an oath) by Allah that they are solemnly telling the truth; 024.007 And the fifth (oath) (should be) that they solemnly invoke the curse of Allah on themselves if they tell a lie. 024.008 But it would avert the punishment from the wife, if she bears witness four times (with an oath) By Allah, that (her husband) is telling a lie; 024.009 And the fifth (oath) should be that she solemnly invokes the wrath of Allah on herself if (her accuser) is telling the truth. 024.010

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annoying-Mouse)
    Not that much. People will generally know what the OP means.
    Yeah because "putting first" is so very clear.

ReputationRep:
    why is there allways a barage of idiots that want to turn anythread got to do with islam to a "i hate islam thread" or "lets criticize every single letter in the quran" thread, im going to make a pledge not to engage these idiots, they clearly get their jollies out of thread conversion and will bet my last penny they have not researched anything about the quran, its literally "blind-hate" based on a fallacy that members of this country have instilled in them from a young age, now lets get on with our lives and ignore the ****load of "muslim" threads that come our way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibysaiyan)
    Allah-prophets-Muslim be they Aliens with insect-like too :yep:
    end/
    This.

ReputationRep:
    Simple immigration, we didn't force anyone here. We were just accepting and opened the doors to who wanted to come.
    No but they came worked, built, contributed to the economy, just like no body asked you to Colonise their countries and exploit the living **** out of them?

Stoning non-Mulisms, was it such a ridiculous suggestion given the Quran's other advice?
    No it was an ignorant/illogical statement

ReputationRep:
    No but you actively seeked immigration from 3rd world countries for cheap labour.

Yes it was.

ReputationRep:

024.002 The woman and the man guilty of adultery or fornication,- flog each of them with a hundred stripes: Let not compassion move you in their case, in a matter prescribed by Allah, if ye believe in Allah and the Last Day: and let a party of the Believers witness their punishment. 024.003 Let no man guilty of adultery or fornication marry and but a woman similarly guilty, or an Unbeliever: nor let any but such a man or an Unbeliever marry such a woman: to the Believers such a thing is forbidden. 024.004 And those who launch a charge against chaste women, and produce not four witnesses (to support their allegations),- flog them with eighty stripes; and reject their evidence ever after: for such men are wicked transgressors;- 024.005 Unless they repent thereafter and mend (their conduct); for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. 024.006 And for those who launch a charge against their wives, and have (in support) no evidence but their own,- their solitary evidence (can be received) if they bear witness four times (with an oath) by Allah that they are solemnly telling the truth; 024.007 And the fifth (oath) (should be) that they solemnly invoke the curse of Allah on themselves if they tell a lie. 024.008 But it would avert the punishment from the wife, if she bears witness four times (with an oath) By Allah, that (her husband) is telling a lie; 024.009 And the fifth (oath) should be that she solemnly invokes the wrath of Allah on herself if (her accuser) is telling the truth. 024.010
    I cant resist, your counter arguement became invalid in the first sentence....

ReputationRep:
    Yeah because "putting first" is so very clear.
    Stop dancing around semantics in an attempt to undermine the thread. The premise and denotation is clear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by najeezy)
    why is there allways a barage of idiots that want to turn anythread got to do with islam to a "i hate islam thread" or "lets criticize every single letter in the quran" thread, im going to make a pledge not to engage these idiots, they clearly get their jollies out of thread conversion and will bet my last penny they have not researched anything about the quran, its literally "blind-hate" based on a fallacy that members of this country have instilled in them from a young age, now lets get on with our lives and ignore the ****load of "muslim" threads that come our way.
    IslamO-phobes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by najeezy)
    I cant resist, your counter arguement became invalid in the first sentence....
    I was gonna quote back on that but thought "meh" someone else gonna definitely find out.
    Yep... right from the beginning :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiberius)
    Stop dancing around semantics in an attempt to undermine the thread. The premise and denotation is clear.
    Hardly, put first in terms of what?

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.