History- America Boom Bust and Recovery, Edexcel June 16th Watch

This discussion is closed.
Individual
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by chylanduk)
Did anyone else do the second question in part A, about "McCarthyism"? I know a fair bit about it, but half way through thought I should have gone for the other question! It was far too narrow a focus. Eek.

The second one, I did the New Deal question. That was a gift, really, although there wasn't too much information in the sources to trigger the memory if you'd forgotten anything. We'll see. I'd like a B please, Zeus.

I'm amused by how we all have warnings.
I knew that we were not supposed to speak about it but i did anyway because the mods had not closed the thread, they should be the ones getting warning points :p:

And yeah, i also started the McCarthy one, but the focus is really narrow, to begin however it looked more attractive because i saw "ww1" in the first one and panicked...

The New Deal question was fairly easy, i think the focus was on trying to establish the importance of the New Deal measures, part of me wishes i had given more weight to the war economy but oh well...

I really could do with an A in this exam, i am not sure whether that will happen as of yet however, i ticked the wrong box to the question i was answering, so it says i wrote an essay on McCarthy but it was actually on Immigration... :mad:
Sanarya
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
Hey Guys,
was the feeling that the questions were too narrow shared by all your friends?
everyone at my school was sooooo distressed.
i felt like crying when i saw those two questions. we had literally spend half a lesson throughout the year looking at WW1 and a fraction a lesson looking at McCarthyism.
I have about 70 people who are upset, I was thinking I have some more, we could set up a facebook group or something and get in touch with edexcel.
I only got a B at AS so I'm so worried! I need an A!!!!!!
georgiabryony
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Sanarya)
Hey Guys,
was the feeling that the questions were too narrow shared by all your friends?
everyone at my school was sooooo distressed.
i felt like crying when i saw those two questions. we had literally spend half a lesson throughout the year looking at WW1 and a fraction a lesson looking at McCarthyism.
I have about 70 people who are upset, I was thinking I have some more, we could set up a facebook group or something and get in touch with edexcel.
I only got a B at AS so I'm so worried! I need an A!!!!!!

Yeah i had that problem I did Immigration and international trade. But we had hardly done anything on those two subjects. I had even asked my teacher if we would be asked a question on Mccarthyism and he said no becuase its too narrow a question. How wrong was he!? Half way through the exam i ran out of this things to say and started to pad out my essays with anything which might possibly seem linked to the subject. It could have gone a lot worse, however it could have also gone a lot better...
Emjem123x
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by georgiabryony)
Yeah i had that problem I did Immigration and international trade. But we had hardly done anything on those two subjects. I had even asked my teacher if we would be asked a question on Mccarthyism and he said no becuase its too narrow a question. How wrong was he!? Half way through the exam i ran out of this things to say and started to pad out my essays with anything which might possibly seem linked to the subject. It could have gone a lot worse, however it could have also gone a lot better...
This is exactly the same at our college, as soon as we got in the exam hall, rumours went round that McCarthyism and Immigration were on; I practically choked on my own tears. My teacher told me not to worry; but how can we not!? You'd think seeing as it was the first time the exam was done, no past papers & no edexcel endorsed textbook till September they would have been nice!!!!!! Like you said, how wrong were we?
The only thing we can gather is that the grade boundaries, should (HOPEFULLY) be low
blaaaaaaaaaaaah 59 days till doomday!
Hattie1992
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by georgiabryony)
Georgia, I feel your pain! The McCarthyism question was a beast, as was the immigration one. I'm hoping for low grade boundaries....really low grade boundaries
georgiabryony
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Hattie1992)
Georgia, I feel your pain! The McCarthyism question was a beast, as was the immigration one. I'm hoping for low grade boundaries....really low grade boundaries

well according to the edexcel teacher forum, we are not the only ones angry about the question A. Lets hope that the grade boundaries are lowered.. I really need a high B or a low A in this exam!!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1233)
79.6%
Leave (316)
20.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise