How **** is dubstep? Watch

Arekkusu
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by sikhsingh)
now they added lyrics into it which some are ok but some are shocking! great example of a poor dubstep tune http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37cXj...eature=related
Oh my.

Some of the lyricky remixes are beauties, though, like this killer RZA remix. Repetitive, but the lyrics mean it doesn't matter.
DJ AgnieszkaA
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i agree completely.
god awful genre.
PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
People actually trick their minds into thinking they like it because it's currently cool to listen to. In reality, you're right, it's garage-for-beginners produced by and listened to by talentless middle-class indiots.

Also Doorly's Under New Management mix of Raindrops is much better than his dubstep one...
sikhsingh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Arekkusu)
Oh my.

Some of the lyricky remixes are beauties, though, like this killer RZA remix. Repetitive, but the lyrics mean it doesn't matter.
i kno there are good tracks with lyrics but its rare lol but too many fake producers are killing dubstep, same happened with bassline haha,
+ polarity -
Badges: 21
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
Skream -
0800 Dub
Tek-A-Pill

Guru
YES :sogood:

I also like Summer Dreams, a lot, but it seems rather jazzy.

(Original post by gingerrama)
Caspa :coma:
I like his collaborations with Rusko, but I find Rusko on his own is better for me, than Caspa on his own.

(Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtAEUP-Tt_g
Not bad. :lol:

What was I going to say? Oh yeah, I prefer the stuff that would be described as dirty, I like noise... but I also like stuff like this. Incidentally, this user is how I discovered Hella. :hubba:
+ polarity -
Badges: 21
Report 8 years ago
Ah like Borgore too, but could you really call that dubstep? I have no idea. :dontknow:

:ahee:
wannabeteacher
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i'll say that some dubstep is rubbish but some is really good just like with any other genre of music not all songs are gonna be smashers
wannabeteacher
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i'll say that some dubstep is rubbish but some is really good just like with any other genre of music not all songs are gonna be smashers
username196545
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by + polarity -)
YES :sogood:

I also like Summer Dreams, a lot, but it seems rather jazzy.

I like his collaborations with Rusko, but I find Rusko on his own is better for me, than Caspa on his own.

Not bad. :lol:

What was I going to say? Oh yeah, I prefer the stuff that would be described as dirty, I like noise... but I also like stuff like this. Incidentally, this user is how I discovered Hella. :hubba:
I like
SouthernFreerider
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
lol.

there's class of people here who think they're cool:

1) people who jump on the mainstream bandwagon. who like a remix of a song they like simply because it has a low freq wobble to it, and might have heard the song at some ****** club they went to a few nights ago.

2) people who hate everything popular, so now hate all the mainstream dubstep stuff because its not raw, original and underground.

in reality, like most music, 95% of it isn't worth listening to. 4% will be worth listening to, and is quite good. and 1% will blow up your mind
Seanisonfire
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Haha it is the latest trend beloved of the white middle class male market. But I don't know, I'm sure some of it's good, there's something good in every genre. My only problem is that at its core it's quite a difficult thing to listen to, a pretty niche thing. Yet it's built up this huge bandwagon and suddenly everyone loves it. Just the usual bandwagon-jumping I guess. And people will complain that it has turned mainstream, when it was their reverence that turned it mainstream.
Bakerman returns
Report 8 years ago
It's getting quite a following so deal with it.

Plus your negative attitude to it will make it popular with the fickle masses such as the once chavs turned emo's.
A-W-H
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Brad0712)
http://www.youtube.com/user/Brad07I2

I've got some sweet dubstep and drum n bass in my favourites
Personally i love music that gives off good vibes and makes you wanna hop around happily..

I listen to liquid music mostly, makes me feel good.
Not really a fan of listening to extremely filthy stuff for a long period of time reallllyyy.

This is my favourite dubstep song..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOTkr_fv3OM Liquid Dubstep,

Listen to it, you dub haters may change your mind, and you dub lovers may of found a new genre to love
Your favourites list - yes yes yes yes.
A-W-H
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Chrispy - Death Threats (Filthstep Remix)
Caspa & Rusko - Africa VIP
Bloc Party - Where is Home (Burial Remix)
Jeester
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Skream please.
tehforum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
OMG - I LOVE DUBSTEP I LISTEN TO CHASE & STATUS.

No, you don't, you listen to Chase & Status. It's those kind of people that are wrecking up dubstep. There's some original dubstep on YouTube e.g Reso, Trolley Snatcha, and many others.

Although, I do have to admit that the Rusko - Da Cali Anthem is amazing, even though it is clearly trying to appeal to the wider audience, and possibly the Americans.
Laurawhitters
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i like dubstep only when its on at a really loud level though.
maybee you guys are just lisning to the wrong dubstep
Riderz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Like everything there is good dub and bad dub. What I think is good dub you might think is bad dub - and hence the world goes round.
Ben77mc
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Riderz)
Like everything there is good dub and bad dub. What I think is good dub you might think is bad dub - and hence the world goes round.
-step
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Ben77mc)
Lol, that's dnb

dub is a completely different style of music, eg: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBNGt329auQ

dubstep originated from this
Nah man. Dubstep developed from UK Garage. It was the UKG producers of the late nineties/early 00s that brought out the darker side of that genre by putting more emphasis on the bass.
They call it dubstep because it has similar low-end vibes as dub. But it's far more related to the 'step' bit in terms of where it came from.

Eg. of the origins of dubstep:

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (153)
45.4%
Pro-humanity (184)
54.6%

Watched Threads