Which university course is the most DIFFICULT to write a Personal Statement for? Watch

Darcy23
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by TheSownRose)
I'm not so sure, you know. There are only eight optometry courses in the country, so I'm sure they all have better people to make offers to than someone who just mentions it in passing. That said, I know of someone who got into optometry with a pharmacy PS, so...
Yes, I did get an offer from LSE. :yep: I applied for five maths courses originally, but then realised optometry is where my dreams lie in the April of year thirteen, so withdrew from my offer and got into optometry through Clearing.

It's in a small font because it seems strange to have an asterisk point in the same font. You know, I think I actually will - I always have a few hours to spare, and it might be kind of fun. Remind me of the rules - 4000 characters or 47 lines, right?
I did that!
jesskii
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I would say that the most difficult kind of PS to write is one that applies to two opposite courses; I applied to four Criminology courses and one Performing Arts course, so had to make my PS relevant to both - absolute nightmare.
Idontlikecricket
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm going to go with Abuse Studies/Dance. Which yes, IS a real course (at man met). And the good news is that it's still accepting applications!!
Frankster1992
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I also agree, Dentistry is a touch one!
How about this;

Foundation degree in Air Conditioning Engineering and Refridgeration

I'd personally smash it but whey
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Creative arts - like fine art, drama, dance, photography, even music to some extent. What's the quote? "writing about music is like dancing about architecture"
innerhollow
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by SPSMain)
I'd change my course choice just to say "The need to wear glasses has really opened my eyes to studying optometry at university..."
:rofl: I think that would elicit a huge cringe from the AT

Another good one is "I believe I'd be suited to a Chemistry course as I have the right formula to be a good student"

That was on Newcastle University's list of "Things not to write on your PS"
overtherainbow
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by innerhollow)
Personally I'd say something like Dentistry (or Optometry). What are you even supposed to write about?! I mean you can't possibly talk at length about your interest in teeth now can you? :eek3:
Potential dentists may surprise you- i read a guys at school- i never knew anyone could view teeth like that... he linked it to improving peoples' confidence well though.

I think english would be hard as it would have to be perfect and it would be hard to stand out for a really competitive one, for most of the vocational courses- medicine etc you jus need it to get an interview- its more final for other subjects
Afrotortina
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
I imagine that philosophy or theology are hard ones to write, avoiding all the cliches.
I did my PS for philosophy and theology last year, I wrote about how they linked together yadda yadda... I found it alright!
vijaygupta2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
MORSE. its unique so you would have to write a personal statement on it and other different courses.
Chwirkytheappleboy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I did a degree in Maths and Physics. Can you imagine trying to write a statement which somehow gets across the blatant lie that Maths and Physics are remotely interesting subjects? awful...
charlottejepsonx
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Poledancing.
AnthonyShock
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Dentistry!!!

How can you express passion for teeth over everything else in the human body?!?!?
Mask Of Sanity
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I assumed Dentistry would be quite difficult, but when helping a few friends with their personal statements, it actually wasn't that bad. The introductions and endings are always difficult however.
mintmocha
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I would say Economics simply because that's what I want to do and have no clue what to say. :/
username418231
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Probbably something like Medicine, Dentistry, Optometry, Vetinary Science or any course at Oxbridge (and maybe at Russel Gropus unis).
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?