Turn on thread page Beta

Sushi watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .snowflake.)
    Try going into your local Tescos, they sell nori and other sushi stuff next to where they stock all the polish foods.
    Sadly not in mine. They may have started stocking it now (was a while ago) but at the time they didn't. I think it's cause I'm in a pretty rural area and no-one wants to do exciting things like make sushi lol.

I will check back and make sure I look at that section soon though, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G1lly)
    do you know if yo sushi is good for veg sushi? im also vegetarian and all the sushi ive had hasnt been great
    I've never been to Yo Sushi, but I'd imagine it's pretty good- my friends went and I think they had some veggie rolls and loved them all.

Looking on their website there seems to be quite a big range.

If you happen to be anywhere near norwich, there's a place called bambushi which does delicious veggie sushi, I think they plan to go nationwide at some point.

My SU does veggie sushi in boxes but Tesco never does (even though it has like five kinds of meat ones lol) and Sainsburys did, but my local stopped- if you are near a large store then you could try that.

ReputationRep:
    Sashimi :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roginho)
    Where's the fun without the wasabi?
    I just don't like it, too hot. I don't like any mustard type thing.

Have you tried Wasabi Peas? They're not as bad as I would have thought, with me hating wasabi, but still too hot for me.

ReputationRep:
    I miss the $6.50 packs you could always get in the NZ malls that tasted amazing...lunch = sorted

ReputationRep:
    Mmm sushi!

I used to make my own. I have nori, vinegar, the mat, the sushi rice etc. But, then I discovered it is faster to just go to a sushi bar...and it also tastes better And it looks better and I can also order miso soup there MMMM MISO!

ReputationRep:
    Never tried it. I heard it gives you tape worms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpwxx)
    My SU does veggie sushi in boxes but Tesco never does (even though it has like five kinds of meat ones lol) and Sainsburys did, but my local stopped- if you are near a large store then you could try that.
    ye I've had sushi from tesco before. didnt seem very fresh though and I thought that sushi was supposed to be very fresh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G1lly)
    ye I've had sushi from tesco before. didnt seem very fresh though and I thought that sushi was supposed to be very fresh?
    It's much nicer fresh, if it's prepackaged it tastes a bit more... solid? In a bad way. Still like it though

ReputationRep:
    I LOVE IT. Especially with soy sauce XD

ReputationRep:
    I love sushi!!! Can't have it without wasabi and soy sauce though!

There is a great Japanese restaurant near me and it makes green tea ice cream too. LOVE IT.

ReputationRep:
    Silly internet said i hadn't posted this!!!

ReputationRep:
    sushi is heaven xD

see, this is why japanese people are the best
    (yeah, i am japanese :P)

ReputationRep:
    Now i have a craving for it!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I love sushi, athough I've never tried making it myself. I hate the rubbish Tesco/M&S imitation ones though, the rice is all hard and nasty.

Love Wasabi, Tokyo Diner and Yo! Sushi though. Yum yum.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone tried making it themselves?

You can get some sheets of nori, sushi rice and stuff from Morrisons/Tesco, right? It seems simple enough to make, but is it?

ReputationRep:
    I like sushi, but i hate the concept.
    Like, the taste is everything i could wish for, but i think about what it is im tasting and i feel sick.

Same with general chinese takeaways.
    If i get some chewy beef my mind wanders.

ReputationRep:
    i love the cheap tesco sushi mmm :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Don't like sushi, hate the idea of eating raw fish but I'm not really a fish fan anyway. Just not my thing

ReputationRep:
    I love sushi too :yep:.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.