Report 8 years ago
Where do you live?
MrCasperTom
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Cloudrunner)
I want to be able to chat away without worrying about signs and signals. Why can't you just be friendly without people reading things into it?

E.G. - If you want to text your man friend, but worry it will look like you're chasing him

or

You want to go to see Inception and have a burger because no one can enjoy these badass films with you quite like he can, but then if you suggest it query whether it will look like a date!

Minefield! haha!
How about you just stop giving a crap what other people think?

:rolleyes:
Fat-Love
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
recently made account - check
Outlandish starting of thread - check

troll?
Hanz_a93
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Go have a sex exchange
ithink
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Popppppy)
The thing I find with guys is they make great "platonic friends" for a while, then they stop fancying you and become dicks.
It's happened to me a few times. I had a really amazing best friend and we played xbox and went skirmishing and camping, then he stopped fancying me and just ignored me. Another guy was a great friend of mine, in all my classes, we texted all the time, then he started sending me really dirty texts (?!) and that ruined everything. Luckily we're able to be friends again now, but not nearly as close.
So from my experience, guys only want to be your friend, when they actually want to be more.

Maybe that's just me tho.

Hate to say it but i do this... :/ its an issue but i don't really know how to stop
Bslforever
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You want to go to see Inception and have a burger because no one can enjoy these badass films with you quite like he can, but then if you suggest it query whether it will look like a date!
That was definitely a badass film.

However, if you can beat me at MW2, i don't think we can talk to each other :p:
Mm_Minty
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You could always meet some more easy-going girls....
I've never paifor a manicur/pedicure in my life and love playing on games, for example. You just need to find the right people.
And ignore the date thing, when a guy and a girl go see a movie together, it doesn't mean anything, unless the person asking expressly says it's a date.
sam.day
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Doyle&TheFourFathers)
you sound too boyish for me, and i'm technically a boy
Aaahhhhhhhhh
MagicNMedicine
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The thing is the 'platonic male friend' type won't be up for doing that type of stuff. They will want to go on pseudo-dates and have long conversations about feelings and so on.

Most lads will accept girls who are up for doing the same sorts of things, providing they are reasonably attractive and feminine. If you dress like a tomboy they might not take to you, but if you are fit and flash a bit of lacey underwear when you bend over the pool table to take a shot, the lads will be more interested.
jimbo139
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ithink)
Hate to say it but i do this... :/ its an issue but i don't really know how to stop
2 possibilities:
(1) get a real boyfriend.
OR
(2) pretend to be in a long distance relationship
jimbo139
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Further developing the LDR idea, you could claim your partner is a 'security adviser' who is working overseas. Say he has control issues. This way you get sympathy and no guy who values his chances of fatherhood will mess with you.
hollo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I prefer to hang out with my guy friends more than my girl friends a lot of the time - there's less pressure and they are more chilled. All of my guy friends are ones that I've known for a long time or work with, basically the kind of people that nothing would ever happen with because it would just be weird. Keeping it platonic was only a problem once and that was a mutual thing and we're still friends. I have guy friends that can jokingly talk about having sex with me or grind up against me in a club but we KNOW that they don't mean it. If there was any discomfort then thry would stop making the jokes.
Cloudrunner
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Adding to my post, I agree with the whole feelings thing. I'm not looking for sex from a girl or a relationship from a girl constantly. Why can't I just be friends with a girl for once? Why can't they be fun to be around and have a laugh instead of me having to put in all the effort to make conversation and make them laugh?

In short, I want more female friends.

Sorry it took me a while to respond to your comments, didn't check the thread 'till just now. Have been smiling at all the random posts! Anyway, wading through all the lesbian allegations and various fitness enquiries, I thought your thoughts were spot on.

Haha, in the words of the genie in Aladdin, - you ain't never had a friend like me kid! ;-) Oh and dont be stepping on my toes cracking jokes, I've got the humour covered, laugh-a-minute me.
Cloudrunner
Rep:
?
(Original post by Indieboohoo)
It's like you described me I tend to like doing "male" things but I'm not a girly girl either I love action than sitting on my bum painting my nails.
But I am girly I wear make up and wear clothes which flatter my figure. I do like pampering myself sometimes and do girly things just not all the time.
Hey! Yeah we are very similar in that case! I think my original post was somewhat misconstrued by the girls on this thread. I love my female friends, of which I have many, and I would not trade them for the world. Its about addition and variety rather than substitution.
Cloudrunner
Rep:
?
(Original post by HarryisI)
I feel bad for you. You will never feel true bromance.
Ahahaaha I know. Cuts like a knife, bro.
Cloudrunner
Rep:
?
(Original post by machiavelli123)
How about a machiavellian male friend?
I don't see how that would work...the Oxford Dictionary (and theasaurus) describes such an acquaintance as, "elaborately cunning and deceitful." I do not use :naughty: cheats when gaming. Electronic or otherwise.:naughty:
Cloudrunner
Rep:
?
(Original post by aliii)
I know exactly what you mean.. some of my best friends have been guys, just because I like doing stuff that guys do as well as stuff that girls do.

Now I've gotten older though it's so difficult because every guy I talk to thinks I want more than friendship.

Honestly, I can totally relate to what you're saying :p:
Thanx sweets!
Cloudrunner
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nothos)
My rates are £2.99 a month plus expenses.
i guess you get what you pay for...
Cloudrunner
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fat-Love)
recently made account - check
Outlandish starting of thread - check

troll?
Shut the front door. I'm so hot you could fry an egg on my ass. :yep:
MonsterMash
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I want a male friend more than anything right about now. I love my girl friends but guys are so much more fun sometimes! From paintballing to playstationing, hanging out with lads is just more my scene than trailing around the shops with girls.

I am feminine and like to shop too - its just that Call of Duty outranks New Look for me. Also I dont understand manicuring and pedicuring. FYI I can damn well paint my nails myself. How can people justify paying to get your toes done? My god, there is no excuse unless you cant reach, in which case perhaps a gym membership is better? Just a thought.

I want to be able to chat away without worrying about signs and signals. Why can't you just be friendly without people reading things into it?

E.G. - If you want to text your man friend, but worry it will look like you're chasing him

or

Minefield! haha!
You can be my friend? My best mates are girls, and i live as the only lad with 4 girls, but you have to be able to have the piss taken out of you, and be wound up constantly. Also, if you're any good at Fifa, you're not, i am better, and i can prove it.

Before anybody says it's gay being the only lad with 4 girls. My house is immaculate, they bake cakes all the time, and i get dibs on the spare room which is being transformed into a beer and games room complete with 32" inch TV and a mini fridge. And i don't have to listen to any one nighters through the wall when i want to sleep.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (77)
26.92%
No (209)
73.08%

Watched Threads