Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Blackadder and Fawlty Towers are pure class.

Of American comedy, I'd say the only one I really like is Scrubs. And the fresh prince, of course, but even that's massively overrated.

ReputationRep:
    Arrested Development.

ReputationRep:
    IT Crowd - most things take a dip at the 3rd season, however this programme seems to be improving at an extrapolating rate :love:

ReputationRep:
    There is alot out there, but my favourite is peep show at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    South park > everything.

Friends comedy is primitive. Not funny at all.

let's all face it. It only got as far as it did because of it's catchy theme tune.

ReputationRep:
    A comedy has to be funny to be classed as that, FRIENDS lacks the humour for said tag.

ReputationRep:
    No American comedy series is the 'best' in my opinion, although I thoroughly both Friends and Scrubs. Only Fools and Horses and Blackadder are my favourites of all time, closely followed by Fawlty Towers and Monty Pythons Flying Circus.

ReputationRep:
    Friends?! Please tell me you're kidding.

ReputationRep:
    going off hours of enjoyment, ive got to go for friends.
    but A bit of Fry and Laurie has got to be up there as well

ReputationRep:
    Friends is awful!!!

My favourite is Black Books

Dylan Moran FTW

ReputationRep:
    The Simpsons and Friends.

ReputationRep:
    how can you call it primitive humour but then claim monty python isn't HAHAHA LOOK AT THAT MAN HE IS WALKING IN A SILLY WAY xD seriously all these classic british comedies remind me of family guy

ReputationRep:
    It's not the greatest, but I do love Friends. Seen it loads of times and still makes me laugh. I never really got into Scrubs, I don't think it's that good really.

Of the American ones I absolutely love Frasier (genius!), HIMYM (the 5th season isn't very good though), Futurama, 3rd Rock From the Sun and The Big Bang Theory. Oh also, I think Dharma & Greg is pretty funny too, such a happy show.

But none of the above can beat The Office (UK), the comedy series of all time! Or Black Books, what a classic.

ReputationRep:
    Americans aren't funny.

ReputationRep:
    People who hate on Friends just haven't seen them all and may have seen some of the episodes which aren't great and the fact that they haven't seen all of them means alot of the jokes would have flown over them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ned//)
    how can you call it primitive humour but then claim monty python isn't HAHAHA LOOK AT THAT MAN HE IS WALKING IN A SILLY WAY xD seriously all these classic british comedies remind me of family guy

...The Ministry of Funny Walks is bloody brilliant.

OT: Green Wing, Blackadder 3 or 4 or perhaps Seinfeld or Frasier.

ReputationRep:
    Blackadder. Especially 3 and 4.

ReputationRep:
    Fresh prince of bel air!

ReputationRep:
    the office

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laertes)
    Friends is overrated. HIMYM, Arrested Development, M*A*S*H are my favourites.
    Arrested Development or M*A*S*H for me.
    :love: :yep: always nice to find a M*A*S*H watcher. Amazing show. Except maybe the last couple of series', they kind of died a little.

Friends is very watchable as somebody else said, but I wouldn't say best of all time. I still think it has a place on TV though :holmes:

I dun really know. Coupling is probably my personal favourite but a) nobody else watches it (no idea why) and b) it's probably not the best of all time.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.