Can someone help explain why Lemaitre and Chambers have such different builds? Watch

kilowattjester
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Hugh-Jackman)
Lemaitre is a big talent as well, you say well 9.98 isn't that fast these days, but what 20 year old black sprinters have ran that? and only just gone 20. It's not like he's some russian muscle bound mutant freak either, he has so much improvement to do, he is like the white Usain Bolt, he won't be as quick as Bolt, but in another era he would champion material. He still could be, only takes Bolt to pick up an injury and him to keep improving and he could become world/olympic champion.
BE REALISTIC.

To be honest the only reason why we have no one in the Uk "properly" running sub 10 and black is due to the fact that athletics is not properly promoted at schools as a potential career path. If it were shown to young black teenagers in areas of high concentration of black such as south + east london then sub 10 is DEFINATELY possible.

Lemaitre is absolutely nothing special on the world stage and within the next 3-4 years he will be an old memory in terms of times on the european stage.

What I have just stated is the plain truth and you all know it.

However it is a huge news but it is something that I think Craig Pickering is capable of replicating.

OH YEAH LETS NOT FORGET SIMEON WILLIAMSON WHO IS ALSO STILL COMING UP.
Hugh-Jackman
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
simeon WILLIAMSON hasn't broke 10secs and is about 24 and pretty well built and technically good......athletics is very popular in south east london...just check the starting line-up for south of england u15,u17 n u20 champs its full of black guys doing the 100m's.....you haven't got a clue.....this french guy is faster than gatlin,asafa,gay, kinda bolt at the same age......frenchie was also 0.2 faster than pickering as a junior.....frenchie also is technically bad and hadn't done weights....pickering was technically good and done weights.......go and check athletic forums even all the black people say hes a huge talent....you clearly havent got a clue.
Kash:)
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
chambers isn't heavy if he stood on the scales you'd all be shocked at how light he is, colin jackson is a twig....blacks generally look better for the reasons I said which were naturally low body fat, narrow hips giving the illusion that their shoulders are wider, dark skinned looks more ripped hence bodybuilders using fake tan...tbh I do think blacks have more receptors in their shoulders than other races which also exaggerates the v-shape more.

the only big sprinters are david oliver and harry aikenes.....asafa is pretty big and bolts got a big frame but not much mass
according to wiki he's 13 st 1 lb (83 kg)
:eek3:
kilowattjester
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
simeon WILLIAMSON hasn't broke 10secs and is about 24 and pretty well built and technically good......athletics is very popular in south east london...just check the starting line-up for south of england u15,u17 n u20 champs its full of black guys doing the 100m's.....you haven't got a clue.....this french guy is faster than gatlin,asafa,gay, kinda bolt at the same age......frenchie was also 0.2 faster than pickering as a junior.....frenchie also is technically bad and hadn't done weights....pickering was technically good and done weights.......go and check athletic forums even all the black people say hes a huge talent....you clearly havent got a clue.
Ok yes he was faster than powell, gay and gatlin at 20 years of age and we will see how he develops.
Idiot-Finder
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Genesis Theory)
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3455741
:facepalm:

That was from 1986, the one I used was from 2007.

And as mine says

Previous studies comparing hormone levels by race might have been limited by size, restricted age variation, or lack of representation of the general population.
Hugh-Jackman
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
simeon wasnt faster than gatlin at 20....asafa took up athletics kinda late but was way faster than simeon at his age now......bolt only ran 100 when he was 22 now at 24 he's way way faster......simeon ran 1 fast AAA final and then disappears.....personally I think he's dirty.....he's really inconsistent i know in a season he missed 2 drug tests and he hangs around in jamaica where a lot of athletes are starting to get caught.....plus on UKM a strength and conditioning coach who said he trained him said he's dirty and got his 'doctors' number on speed dial.....i can post a link if you like, the person could be talking crap, but tell tale signs are there.
kilowattjester
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
He also has to contend with those faster than him on the world stage at his age such as Yohan Blake.

But for european sprinting he is a talent but sub 10(9.87) to be exact is a time that will not stick around forever.
kilowattjester
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
simeon wasnt faster than gatlin at 20....asafa took up athletics kinda late but was way faster than simeon at his age now......bolt only ran 100 when he was 22 now at 24 he's way way faster......simeon ran 1 fast AAA final and then disappears.....personally I think he's dirty.....he's really inconsistent i know in a season he missed 2 drug tests and he hangs around in jamaica where a lot of athletes are starting to get caught.....plus on UKM a strength and conditioning coach who said he trained him said he's dirty and got his 'doctors' number on speed dial.....i can post a link if you like, the person could be talking crap, but tell tale signs are there.
Honestly speaking.

How fast do you think Lemaitre can go?
Hugh-Jackman
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Kash:))
according to wiki he's 13 st 1 lb (83 kg)
:eek3:
tbh i'd say hes lighter than that now....even if not 13 stone at 6ft is nothing impressive......being ripped makes people look big, saying that if most people ripped up to about 7% bodyfat they'd be way lighter and realise how little muscle they really have.
Genesis Theory
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
He is a talent but he's not really anything significant beyond european athletics. Plenty have run sub 10 even younger than him and faded into the distance and regardless of injury I dont think anyone is catching bolt anytime soon. No one will sit here and argue with a straight face that lemaitre is not talented but his sub 10 was not particularly spectacular and you have guys talking about hitting 9.3/4, he has his work cut out for him.
Hugh-Jackman
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by kilowattjester)
Honestly speaking.

How fast do you think Lemaitre can go?
haven't got a clue how good his coaching is....but just by improving his start and having a generous wind of +1.5 say hes in 9.8 territory.....if he improves power hes in 9.7 territory.....if that happens is another matter, Id like a world class olympic coach doing his weights rather than his local sprint coach hes probably know since 14 and will stay loyal too like a dog.....injuries could ruin him tmoz though......he's the most raw sub 10 ive ever seen......hes just in an era of the greatest sprinter the world has seen and hes not more talented than bolt....no one is close.
kilowattjester
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
tbh i'd say hes lighter than that now....even if not 13 stone at 6ft is nothing impressive......being ripped makes people look big, saying that if most people ripped up to about 7% bodyfat they'd be way lighter and realise how little muscle they really have.
What most countries will start doing is getting the tall people into sprinting as France have done with Lemaitre as they can see that stride length has a role to play and can be a game changer.

For the UK to improve in sprinting we need to start again with selection policies on times and bring in more youngsters into the 100m + 200m catergories. In the USA it is harder to qualify perhaps.

I don't think lemaitre should put on too much muscle and he should just try and emulate bolt.
Genesis Theory
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by BencherBoy)
dood thats a huge statement too make , west and parts of east africa wud disagree with u , i mean look at who dominates the long distance races.

whilst i might agree with you in certain instances or places in the world e.g. nigeria / jamiaca were a large number of powerful athletes come from , i beleive this is due too their largley protein and red meat based diets along with their genetic ancestory of needing too be powerful for hunting and dance , ethopians on the other hand needed too walk long distances for water and being known as travellars. slavery also left its mark , but thats another story.

Also the "study" u gave was based on students at 1 college in usa surley that dosnt justifiy ur statement.
Yeah this is true, it may be possible that bone structure and bodily composition may contribute to the illusion of blacks having greater muscle mass. And yes, I'm speaking almost primarily about west africans which may be the difference considering africa is such a genetically diverse place. East africans tend to be rather slender whereas west africans (Nigerians and Cameroon in particular) seem to provide the illusion of disproportionately higher muscle mass however this may also be attributed to a diet which heavily favors muscular hypertrophy.
Hugh-Jackman
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
He is a talent but he's not really anything significant beyond european athletics. Plenty have run sub 10 even younger than him and faded into the distance and regardless of injury I dont think anyone is catching bolt anytime soon. No one will sit here and argue with a straight face that lemaitre is not talented but his sub 10 was not particularly spectacular and you have guys talking about hitting 9.3/4, he has his work cut out for him.
who are these plenty I can think of yohan blake, maybe dix.....cant think of anyone else......blake was clearly doing a lot of weights and failed a drug test but got thrown out.....dix is very talented but the way he runs his hamstrings are gonna explode.....he keeps injuring them as it is......like I said at 20 no one was world beaters apart from carl lewis.....at the moment lemataire is faster than the lot and a lot more raw.....lets see what he does in 2012 no excuses then....that's when most sprinters start hitting big time.....got a few years weight training and technique sorted.
Genesis Theory
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
who are these plenty I can think of yohan blake, maybe dix.....cant think of anyone else......blake was clearly doing a lot of weights and failed a drug test but got thrown out.....dix is very talented but the way he runs his hamstrings are gonna explode.....he keeps injuring them as it is......like I said at 20 no one was world beaters apart from carl lewis.....at the moment lemataire is faster than the lot and a lot more raw.....lets see what he does in 2012 no excuses then....that's when most sprinters start hitting big time.....got a few years weight training and technique sorted.
leornard scott, ronald pognon, darrel brown, samuel francis, seun ogankoye, yohan blake. The last two being people even younger, stop going on as if lemaitre is some unsung prophecy as he's not as most of those who hit sub 10 young tend to fade into obscurity anyway. Talent at a young age is in no way linked to progression.
Hugh-Jackman
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by kilowattjester)
What most countries will start doing is getting the tall people into sprinting as France have done with Lemaitre as they can see that stride length has a role to play and can be a game changer.

For the UK to improve in sprinting we need to start again with selection policies on times and bring in more youngsters into the 100m + 200m catergories. In the USA it is harder to qualify perhaps.

I don't think lemaitre should put on too much muscle and he should just try and emulate bolt.
tbf the height thing only got brought up when bolt come there has been good tall sprinters before.....the number 2 guy gay is only like 5 ft 10 and rapid....if you've got loads of fast twitch fibres you're fast

agree about muscle he should stay lean....so an olympic weightlifting coach that deals with a lifter around 80kg and a diet similar to keep him lean but powerful.
Hugh-Jackman
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
leornard scott, ronald pognon, darrel brown, samuel francis, seun ogankoye, yohan blake. The last two being people even younger, stop pretending as if lemaitre is some unsung prophecy as he's not as most of those who hit sub 10 young tend to fade into obscurity anyway. Talent at a young age is in no way linked to progression.
leonard scott ran 9.8....he also went and played american football and got over bulked and could of gone quicker.....yohan blake is running fast....mega fast.....pognon and brown are sick notes....was pognon even 20 he seemed older.....its only brown that has been a let down but he's still massively talented and if he didnt keep getting injured he would run 9.8.

at the moment frenchie isnt injured.
Resu Eman
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Idiot-Finder)
:facepalm:

That was from 1986, the one I used was from 2007.

And as mine says

"Previous studies comparing hormone levels by race might have been limited by size, restricted age variation, or lack of representation of the general population."

The study does appear to be from 2007, but the data isn't:
"Participants, Design, and Setting: A total of 1413 men aged 20+ yr and who attended the morning examination session of the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES III) in 1988–1991 were included in this cross-sectional study."

It's interesting that one study uses the geometric mean while the other doesn't specify so presumably uses the arithmetic mean. The results then suggest that blacks have a greater variation in testosterone than whites (though you'd have to do quite a bit of statistical stuff to find out whether the suggestion is likely to be correct or not). I would probably expect greater genetic diversity among blacks than the whites (though this is purely a guess), so this seems to make sense.

It's annoying that neither study states the p-values in the abstract. In some ways statistical significance is quite a silly concept.
Hugh-Jackman
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
to clear this up I do believe that west africans are statistically faster than whites and due to genetics....its obvious....the characteristics that make people great sprinters appears a lot more in west africans....long legs, long achillies, lots of fast twitch fibres and narrow waist.......the thing it doesnt make it impossible to appear amongst other races....lemaitre is one of these people, borza before him and alan wells.......its the same with strongman its totally dominated by whites due to the genetics of the top guys making them stronger.....but still people like OD wilson and mark henry appear just not as much with whites.....it all comes down to stats.
9MmBulletz
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
to clear this up I do believe that west africans are statistically faster than whites and due to genetics....its obvious....the characteristics that make people great sprinters appears a lot more in west africans....long legs, long achillies, lots of fast twitch fibres and narrow waist.......the thing it doesnt make it impossible to appear amongst other races....lemaitre is one of these people, borza before him and alan wells.......its the same with strongman its totally dominated by whites due to the genetics of the top guys making them stronger.....but still people like OD wilson and mark henry appear just not as much with whites.....it all comes down to stats.
To be honest, west indians & african americans tend to be the best at sprints. Admittedly though, both groups are of largely african descent mixed with some european blood. I'm guessing that as slaves were used to working tirelessly, they packed a lot of muscle and their genes were passed on meaning that descendants of african-american and west indian slaves became the fastest. And also slaves were generally picked by who was the strongest/fastest etc
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
28.42%
No - I got the required grades (108)
59.02%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
12.57%

Watched Threads