Would you stay friends with a rapist? Watch

Ramanda
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by paella)
Depends on what type of rape, and in what circumstances. e.g. I'd be fine with the chap if it was statutory rape, and I'd be fine with him if he started shagging a girl and she suddenly decided she didn't want it, told him to stop, and he didn't (which is then classified as rape). I probably wouldn't be friends with someone who went out and raped someone they didn't know in a violent and disgusting way, though I'd be very lenient with 'rape within a relationship' etc.
This, and also depending on how close we were. If it was someone I'd just made friends with, probably not, if I'd known them for years, then yes.

A friend of mine got prosecuted for 3 rapes, he said they were lying and that he didn't do it. He had sex with them, but they called it rape later. I know him, I know the girls in question, and I believe him and I'm still friends with him. He shouldn't have slept with them, they're all a bunch of attention seeking whores, but I also know him and that he can be quite.. persuasive when horny. They were also drooling on him all 3 of them for months both before and after, flirting with him infront of all of us, then 6 months later one of the girls' parents found out they'd slept together, and she said it was a rape, and then a few weeks later her 2 best friends remembered that they were raped by him too. So yeah, a few people believes the girls and calls him a rapist, I'm still friends with him.. So guess that answers the question. If I did believe he did it though, I'd have a hard time staying friends with him I reckon.
watdo
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by S.R)
Lol the scenarios people come up with on TSR.

Probably, as friends are hard to come by/I'm totally lacking in empathy so wouldn't care about the woman that I didn't know. and don't be neg repping me, IT'S MY PERSONALITY. I'm just being honest.

The only way I wouldn't is if everyone else didn't and he was making me look bad for hanging around with him or he was some extreme sex offender who was a danger to women so letting him near women I know would be bad, then I wouldn't be friends,

But if he came out of jail and moved elsewhere and it was just that one rape I would probably be like **** happens and carry on with the friendship. In short I am pretty hard to offend.

I know it's bad but I just can't have empathy for someone I do not know. So won't be as judgemental as others.
The fact that you know that you lack empathy and make no attempt to care makes it much worse. Maybe you're a psychopath? Perhaps you should seek help.
cowsgoquack
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
no of course not :/
JOjo1992Newport
Report 8 years ago
I wouldn't be able to look them in the eye and think "yeah he is a friend". It wouldn't be worth staying "friends" with them thinking the whole time you can't trust them. Interesting question though.
jack regan
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Ronove)
You sound frustrated. Maybe if you learnt how to release tension on your own none of these things would be an issue.

:eek:
wot if a lad were shaggin you then bussed after like 2 minute, and ****** off n left ya right there, you wouldnt feel 2 good about yourself would ya? its the same sort of thing so dont try your feminist bollox with me
RabbitCFH
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
No.
Mo-Amin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Jake22)
Most likely not although if it was a very close friend then you never know - it would definitely change the friendship though.
Probably this..
jack regan
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by watdo)
Eh. Troll?
your the troll
Fat-Love
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by TLDR)
I was raped by my 'friend'.... Obviously I didn't stay friends with him. But a bunch of my friends stayed his friend on the basis they'd known him longer than me and knew it was 'very unlike him and he can change' and they just didn't seem to think it was very serious...

Something 'interesting' I found was all of the females who know what he did refuse to even speak to him, whereas the guys are still his friend
Probably from that mentality a lot of men have that whenever a women cries 'rape' is because she is angry at the man and trying to ruin his life. Not saying that's what you did but it's an idea the men have trouble letting go.

P.S did you report the rape?
S.R
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by watdo)
The fact that you know that you lack empathy and make no attempt to care makes it much worse. Maybe you're a psychopath? Perhaps you should seek help.
Maybe.....

When you never had something you don't miss it.
Tashalls
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I would if it was stat rape tbh unless it was a very creepy situation, like they trawled the internet and the girl looked extremly young.
Otherwise no of course not, and I would make sure everyone knew.

(Original post by jack regan)
i chose to carry on because im not a selfish ****, any girl who lets man **** then changes her mind is a selfish ****
Er... I personally wouldn't want someone to have sex with me if they didn't want/ it was painfull for them. I wouldn't think it selfish of them to refuse. It's not like I couldn't wait 10 minutes either...

Because the girl has not consented, and it's not reasonable to expect the girl wants it, and she has shown no interest. Once a girl consents she is saying that she wants sex, and that is an agreement that you will have sex as far as I'm concerned.
Whatever your veiws, I hope you are both aware the law disagrees with you.
StJimmy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I don't think it's reasonable for a girl to initiate sex, get the guy all worked up, and then decide she doesn't want it half way through and **** off. If it was a protection issue I'd be sympathetic, but normally it's not. If you consent at the start you are obliged to go through with it in my opinion, unless again it's a protection issue.
What if it was a pain issue? Some women suffer from cystitis, soreness, UTI's and all sorts; these things can be brought on by sex. Do you think it's reasonable for someone to hurt a girl in that way? A girl may consent at the start and then how ever long later, whether it be 20 minutes, an hour, whatever, suddenly find themselves in pain.
Dan111
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by SatanIsAwesome)
Although none of my friends would ever rape someone, if they did the rest of us would beat him up and shun him for a few months, then we' be friends again.
This also applies to drug use and cheating on their GFs.

Part of the agreement we made when we were younger
Steevee
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It really depends on the situation.

I know that's not helpful, but it's true :p:
jack regan
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by StJimmy)
What if it was a pain issue? Some women suffer from cystitis, soreness, UTI's and all sorts; these things can be brought on by sex. Do you think it's reasonable for someone to hurt a girl in that way? A girl may consent at the start and then how ever long later, whether it be 20 minutes, an hour, whatever, suddenly find themselves in pain.
if shes genuinely in pain then fair enuff, but if that happens she can at least finish him off wi a blowjob or a [email protected]
Duckandthat
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I very much doubt a girl is going to be any more scared in the middle of intercourse than before, and she should have thought about that when she was consenting.

A girl decides she doesn't like me during intercourse - well she's had everything leading up to it to decide it.

Obviously it's not as black and white as it might appear. There are some things that the guy could do that would make it reasonable for the girl to stop. I don't think it should be labeled as rape in the same way that jumping a random girl in an ally and raping her is. Once consent is given consent should be presumed and expected through the whole of intercourse unless the guy or the girl is doing something abusive.
don't be such an ass. everyone has the right to ask the other person to stop for any reason or no reason at all. i have done it in the past, and no abuse was taking place, and because my partner isnt an ass, he stopped.
missygeorgia
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
wot if a lad were shaggin you then bussed after like 2 minute, and ****** off n left ya right there, you wouldnt feel 2 good about yourself would ya? its the same sort of thing so dont try your feminist bollox with me
Yeah you're right, so I'd totally pin him down and rape him.

You're insane.
Bslforever
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Depends on the friend. If it was someone that i valued as a close friend and had known for a long time then yes. It would be difficult, but if i really valued someone it would be something that i would get over.
oscarwildelike
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by watdo)
I don't think that lack of empathy is dangerous, after all one doesn't hate soldiers for killing non militants in Iraq, and hold them personally accountable for murder. Nor does one give money to certain charities knowing to do so would directly save lives.
StJimmy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
if shes genuinely in pain then fair enuff, but if that happens she can at least finish him off wi a blowjob or a [email protected]
:eek:

She might do if he's a nice guy. But someone who says things like that? Well I know I wouldn't.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (197)
27.86%
No (510)
72.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise