Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

"Unemployed father of ten...fathering more babies... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vandub)
    What, so the children should suffer because their dad's a prick?
    I met a guy on the bus who plans to do this same as this man. He said the more children he has the bigger the house he can have. He said he does not really want kids but seen as if he does have lots of them he can get say, £50 a week each for them, he is going to make lots.

ReputationRep:
    I would totally Hard Candy his balls. But for real.

People like that make me so angry, scum like him doesn't deserve to live.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LazyWorseThanInfidel)
    I met a guy on the bus who plans to do this same as this man. He said the more children he has the bigger the house he can have. He said he does not really want kids but seen as if he does have lots of them he can get say, £50 a week each for them, he is going to make lots.
    Yeah, I get that this current system is open to abuse, but if you take that away then families with more children would struggle, and since it definitely isn't the kids' fault, why should they?
    Don't punish the children of benefit scroungers, punish the scroungers.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I get that this current system is open to abuse, but if you take that away then families with more children would struggle, and since it definitely isn't the kids' fault, why should they?
    Don't punish the children of benefit scroungers, punish the scroungers.
    I can't think of a good way to punish scroungers without affecting their children.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Low Profile)
    Detest personal liberty? It's the conservatives that restrict and deprive people of it! The Labour party aren't a form of dictatorship; liberal values and the progress of a welfare state can only be recognised prodominately under Labour. Greed and Stupidity is with the bankers not the government who were an innocent bystander in the recession. The tories solutions are much more oppressive than the Labour party would have been if they were in power.
    ID cards, Labours idea. 28 day detention and further attempts to extend that, Labours idea. Removal of free speech on religion, Labours idea. Giving councils the right to spy on people, Labours idea. All of these things introduced by a Labour government hellbent on the expansion of the state to intrude into peoples lives. A lot of these things were opposed by the Conservatives.
    As for the recession Labour was not an innocent bystander. It was Gordon Brown who led deregulation of the banks and took the power of regulating them away from the Bank of England and gave it to the clueless bureaucrats at the FSA. It was Gordon Brown who led the way in thinking that the government could spend spend spend without raising taxes adequately 'We have abolished boom and bust' his famous words before the biggest bust since the great depression.

ReputationRep:
    they are encouraged to breed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mac_manutd)
    ID cards, Labours idea. 28 day detention and further attempts to extend that, Labours idea. Removal of free speech on religion, Labours idea. Giving councils the right to spy on people, Labours idea. All of these things introduced by a Labour government hellbent on the expansion of the state to intrude into peoples lives. A lot of these things were opposed by the Conservatives.
    As for the recession Labour was not an innocent bystander. It was Gordon Brown who led deregulation of the banks and took the power of regulating them away from the Bank of England and gave it to the clueless bureaucrats at the FSA. It was Gordon Brown who led the way in thinking that the government could spend spend spend without raising taxes adequately 'We have abolished boom and bust' his famous words before the biggest bust since the great depression.
    Not once have you mentioned the most suitable proposals to deal with the deficit, you've simply blamed Labour for all of the nation's problems. I'm not a Labour apologetic and can say now that yes mistakes have been made but the alternatives Labour has proposed compared to the coalition are much more "fair".
    Attacking the deficit in such a short time span without thinking it fully through could damage the economy and hinder the prospects of the young majority wishing to get an equal education as their right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Low Profile)
    Not once have you mentioned the most suitable proposals to deal with the deficit, you've simply blamed Labour for all of the nation's problems. I'm not a Labour apologetic and can say now that yes mistakes have been made but the alternatives Labour has proposed compared to the coalition are much more "fair".
    Attacking the deficit in such a short time span without thinking it fully through could damage the economy and hinder the prospects of the young majority wishing to get an equal education as their right.
    Your original post gave the ludicrous idea that labour promote personal freedom more than the conservatives, which i refuted. You also bizarrely tried to claim that its not Labours fault at all for the recession and the record levels of debt the country is in, which again I gave you examples of why it is. I see you have no answers to these points.
    As for the deficit reduction alternative offered by the Labour party, are you sure there is one? It seems to me that their only input into the debate about how to reduce the colossal deficit they produced is to attack every cut the Tories make without coming up with any suggestions of their own. Then even when they actually produce any sort of policy, such as the permanent 50p tax rate, the shadow chancellor himself disagrees. I would be interested if you could list me some concrete examples of what labour has proposed to either raise taxes or cut spending.
    You say that attacking the deficit quickly is dangerous, of course it is, there's no economic policy that can be followed which doesn't have the chance of going wrong but I believe that ignoring the deficit and letting our national debt grow ever greater, leading to soaring interest rate payments is far more dangerous, just look at Greece and Ireland. The international consensus is undoubtedly that government deficits must be cut as quickly as is reasonable and the proposed 4 years is, in my opinion, reasonable.
    As for the equal education comment, no one who wants to go to university will be stopped from doing so by the change in fees. It's a loan, not an upfront charge.

ReputationRep:
    What, so the children should suffer because their dad's a prick?
    Lol they'll more than likely grow up to be just the same. Also, if you believe that the mothers will spend the money on their children and not alcohol/drugs/cigarettes, then that's a bit of a naive viewpoint.

Don't have children you can't afford, it really is that simple. I don't want to pay for someone elses family.

ReputationRep:
    Christ, he sure knows how to spread his genes doesn't he?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Lol they'll more than likely grow up to be just the same. Also, if you believe that the mothers will spend the money on their children and not alcohol/drugs/cigarettes, then that's a bit of a naive viewpoint.

Don't have children you can't afford, it really is that simple. I don't want to pay for someone elses family.
    Well yeah, they probably would if you took away money from them and forced them into poverty. And yes, I know that those mothers probably would waste a decent amount of that money on everything you mentioned, but I don't doubt they would also need it for the children.
    Really, I agree with your last point, but if people do have children they can't afford, should we force the kids to suffer by taking away money from them? No, it's the parents fault, not theirs.

ReputationRep:
    This is why certain people in working class should need a license to breed. And he sure as **** wouldn't get one. Now we have 15 more rats in society eating up benefits. Cone on David, send em all to hell!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    It's because of individuals like him [and his ladies], policies on child benefit change, ultimately resulting in causing hardship for those genuinely in need.

It's not the cost (of benefits) to the taxpayer which concerns me in cases like these. It's the damage it has on the children that worries me the most. Studies have shown children from broken homes (because that's what these children and entering in to) struggle with education and other aspects of society and fundamentally these children will go on (unfortunately) to lead similar lives. It's easy for 'us' to criticize the life he's [they've] become accustomed to, but if we don't address these issues earlier on (including taking the children in to care) we're not going to tackle the vicious circle/cycle of deprivation.
    You didn't resort to insults and you gave a rational response.

ReputationRep:
    There's gonna be alot of ugly kids running around

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.