Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    They include reports of Arab states - including the king of Saudi Arabia - urging the US to attack Iran and end its nuclear weapons programme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Hilary Clinton statement

"To be clear - such disclosures put at risk our diplomats, intelligence professionals, and people around the world who come to the United States for assistance in promoting democracy and open government"

"By releasing stolen and classified documents, Wikileaks has put at risk not only the cause of human rights but also the lives and work of these individuals"

lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    Diplomats from the highest level have been caught doing this on video.

What the... ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadowplay)
    What the... ?
    I think Bush was collecting hair samples?

Or maybe he had a secret cable about Merkel enjoying massages from a secret lover she was having an affair with and decide to tease her! The possibilities!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bunkd)
    Indeed, but only the average-joe will be outraged by the contents. Don't you think the Iranian or Afghan or even French governments have called Obama derogatory things in their internal documents?
    No-one of any importance cares but unfortunately the great unwashed have a far greater voice and reach these days, as evidenced by the garish student protests :yep:
    I think things like this are pretty significant though http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/us-e...cuments/237693

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoanyLisa)
    Comments from Guardian Website:

:holmes:
    ???
    I can't find it - are you sure it'd get deleted if posted on this forum? :lolwut:

I thought the only think that got censored on here was the incident involving bubbles.

ReputationRep:
    Der Spiegel's front page tomorrow:

Any Germany speaking TSRians care to translate for us? I can just about get my head around Berlusconi's (wild parties) and Ahmadinejad's (like Hitler), but not others. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bazlehman)
    Hilary Clinton statement

"To be clear - such disclosures put at risk our diplomats, intelligence professionals, and people around the world who come to the United States for assistance in promoting democracy and open government"

"By releasing stolen and classified documents, Wikileaks has put at risk not only the cause of human rights but also the lives and work of these individuals"

lol
    Won't somebody think of the children :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:
    I don't think we needed wikileaks for that. :lol:
    Ha, very true. What a player :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone downloaded that file Wikileaks put up on PirateBay? Apparently if Julian Assange is killed, you'll be able to open up the file. It's all rather intriguing.
    On a side note. If rumours are true that Turkey has aided Al Qaida, what should be done with our Nato ally?
    And what of the alleged 'corrupt senior politicians'?
    good for turkey... they still join the eu (however long that takes).... look at the pakistani and saudi link to al-qaida and similar groups, yet they continue to remain "friends" with america and britain..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    I can't find it - are you sure it'd get deleted if posted on this forum? :lolwut:

I thought the only think that got censored on here was the incident involving bubbles.
    What's that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Organ)
    They include reports of Arab states - including the king of Saudi Arabia - urging the US to attack Iran and end its nuclear weapons programme.
    we love a bit of **** stirring!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    I think Bush was collecting hair samples?

Or maybe he had a secret cable about Merkel enjoying massages from a secret lover she was having an affair with and decide to tease her! The possibilities!
    This is hilarious

The translations from Der Spiegel (found them online):

Westerwelle: aggressive
    Merkel: avoiding risks, seldom creative
    Seehofer: unpredictable
    Niebel: weird choice
    Ahmadinejad: is Hitler
    Medvedjev: pale, hesitating
    Putin: alpha-male
    Karzai: paranoia driven
    Al-Gaddafi: voluptuous blonde nurse (???)
    Sarkozy:emperor without clothes
    Berlusconi: wild parties

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)

There was this thread on Israel that kept getting created and deleted. I can't remember what it was now, was a while ago. People kept starting a new thread on the same topic and they kept deleting it without giving any reasons why. People were pretty pissed off, and it went on for a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    It's being released in tranches. Something different every day for about a week.

P.S.

A lot of this is seriously big. Imagine being one of the politicians in the middle east asking the Americans to bomb fellow Muslims in Iran. Doing it is one thing, but having Muslim constituents find out? Jee...
    the iranians knew long ago that certain arab leaders were baying for their blood. It's nothing for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Organ)
    What's that?
    Everyone and their mother knows about that..... :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    The torrent STILL has no seeds
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datab...bles-data#data

-J

ReputationRep:
    When's Hollywood releasing the film? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    This is true.
    And I can understand their concern. I think Iran would be more willing to strike another middle eastern country than Israel, the U.S, or a European country.
    I wouldn't agree. Israel, america and britain would be more likely to strike middle eastern countries (as we have seen). Iran would attack anyone who intefered with their country.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.