Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what do guys think of women that don't ever want children Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackVenom321)
    Oh just shut up, why are you anonymous. Not having children on the assumption that your husband will leave you is pathetic. generalisation and sexist
    I am not the person you quoted, but there are plenty of women who end up with the kids when the marriage breaks down. Obviously the women love their kids, but I imagine it's extremely difficult to pick up the pieces of your life while you're almost wholly responsible for your offspring. Getting back into a career/dating would be extremely hard. Having kids is a huge responsibility and it doesn't make you a bad person to think carefully about the negatives before making that commitment. And obviously you shouldn't assume the man will leave you, but it's a fact that a lot of marriages do break down.

ReputationRep:
    I think "well shes definetly not for me".

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, when I hear someone say that then I just ignore it. It's likely that they will have children, even if it's accidentally, so :dontknow:

I don't understand how someone could say "I definitely won't have children". It's such a natural thing. I find that many people who say they don't want kids, look down on those of us who definitely do. But it does work both ways, as shown in this thread.

I think unless you are 100% sure that you'll never have kids that you shouldn't declare that you never want them. How would your child feel if it found out that you never wanted it?

ReputationRep:
    Usually I think: "Hope this isn't another trick, two girl friend's mysteriously disappearing will draw attention".

ReputationRep:
    unattractive

ReputationRep:
    reading the posts from other guys i really dont get their inability to accept kids aren't for everyone. 60% of marriages in the UK end in divorce, which can be very hard on the children. I know i've been through it and just the last year had to help my 6 year old brother and 4 yo sister through when my dad divorced again. kids should only be for couples where both are 100% certain its what they want, otherwise its just stupid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelkin)
    I am not the person you quoted, but there are plenty of women who end up with the kids when the marriage breaks down. Obviously the women love their kids, but I imagine it's extremely difficult to pick up the pieces of your life while you're almost wholly responsible for your offspring. Getting back into a career/dating would be extremely hard. Having kids is a huge responsibility and it doesn't make you a bad person to think carefully about the negatives before making that commitment. And obviously you shouldn't assume the man will leave you, but it's a fact that a lot of marriages do break down.
    You know there are a lot of women who leave their children too, and there are a lot of single men who take care and love their kids. In terms of sexual attraction to your wife...I doubt it would be that hard to get in shape while you have paid leave. anywhoo you should refer to my first post on why I think having children is good. I still respect ppl decisions on not having children that's cool were are all different afterall. But some of the reasons for not having them are silly...LOL imagine if my mum didn't have me because she didn't want to go through the pain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelkin)
    Yeah but you have to think of the positives imo which outweigh the negatives!

Lots of Mum's are career mum's and have kids. Women who can have children are lucky. It's a blessing to have a child - the mix of your partner and you. It gives you such a nice dynamic to your life when the times right. And when it grows up the hardwork is done and think about when you're retired and bored and lonely - they'll be there for you, to look after you and to surround you with love! I just dislike it when people RULE out the notion of having kids completely, you never know in say 10 years what might occur in your life that may make you change your mind!

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised at the men's reactions. I didn't realise they enjoyed the idea of screeching monsters, stinky nappies, arguments and puke. Maybe they should do the "mothering" instead!
    I personally have never wanted kids. I have helped out with looking after them since I was 7 and that's bad enough. Besides, I want a career. Personally I wouldn't mind helping out with friends/ relatives' kids. But my own? Hell no. I'd be the worst mother ever. And from someone who's actually in the situation (I'm fostered) it sucks when parent's don't want you, so no way would I have kids for a guy.
    Not intending to offend anyone, but my honest opinion is that kids that need help should be taken care of first before introducing more kids into this world.

ReputationRep:
    I don't want kids i don't think its selfish or uncaring to not have them,it would be more selfish to have kids when your not sure you really want them or your not ready or having them because your partner wants them and do it because its what some people think your supposed to do to,
    " leave your mark on the world".Like somebody said before I want my freedom!

ReputationRep:
    some of these post are disturbing, the ones about not finding it attractive or saying they would leave because they want kids fair enough. but the ones saying its disgusting and selfish and somehow wrong O.o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackVenom321)
    You know there are a lot of women who leave their children too, and there are a lot of single men who take care and love their kids. In terms of sexual attraction to your wife...I doubt it would be that hard to get in shape while you have paid leave. anywhoo you should refer to my first post on why I think having children is good. I still respect ppl decisions on not having children that's cool were are all different afterall. But some of the reasons for not having them are silly...LOL imagine if my mum didn't have me because she didn't want to go through the pain.
    Absolutely, so maybe that's something men need to think about if they're planning to have kids and be the sole carer. I wasn't trying to make out it's one-sided or that men are evil or anything.

I'm not sure where the sexual attraction bit came from? Were you referring to my post?

Oh, I don't doubt that having kids can be the best experience ever, and I'm sure the parent-child bond is amazing. I may one day have kids - at the moment I'm mostly worried I will never be able to decide if I do want them. I can see that it would be immensely rewarding, but I have never experienced anything close to broodiness or maternal instinct (which probably hasn't been helped by the fact that my contact with children throughout my life has been minimal). Also I recently read an article on post traumatic stress disorder as a result of difficult childbirth and I had to lie down because I felt so sick ... so I think I would need to come to terms with that part as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    when you're retired and bored and lonely - they'll be there for you, to look after you and to surround you with love!
    If they remember to visit you in the nursing home, sure they will.

I just dislike it when people RULE out the notion of having kids completely, you never know in say 10 years what might occur in your life that may make you change your mind!
    And I suppose you don't do any such thing if people claim they definitely want kids, even though they might change their mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovely_me)
    Because the world's orphanages aren't already full, and the resources already straining. :rolleyes:

I don't want to be tied down. Does that make me a bad person.
    Your constant attempts at humour are a failure. Please stop trying.

LVD and the rest of TSR

x

And what idiots keep negging people for saying it's unattractive? The thread is asking for opinions and people are giving them.

ReputationRep:
    Also, why is it selfish not to have kids? It's just as selfish to have kids, since you only want kids because you think it will benefit you in some way. Doesn't make it a terrible thing to do/not do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    If they remember to visit you in the nursing home, sure they will.

And I suppose you don't do any such thing if people claim they definitely want kids, even though they might change their mind.
    Not sure about your family, but my gran lives in a very nice home and is looked after by all her children ..we love her and look after her

The whole thread is about women NOT wanting to have kids. The phrase "never say never" applies, you dont know how you're going to feel in 10 or so years and I'd bet anything that more women have opted to have children when they didnt want too than those who wanted but opted out of having. Plus there hasnt been one good reason as to not having a child so no I dont do any such thing if people claim they want kids

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    Not sure about your family, but my gran lives in a very nice home and is looked after by all her children ..we love her and look after her
    So far, yes. Yet there is no guarantee your child won't go off the rails and not give a damn, no matter how hard you try.

Plus there hasnt been one good reason as to not having a child
    I think all of your reasons for wanting kids are selfish and idiotic, does that mean they aren't good? I'm sure they make perfect sense in your breeder mind.

People decide they don't want kids after all all the time, when they realise that it's not all fun and games and nativity plays and "they'll look after you!!1!One!!1" which isn't always the case at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon)

LVD and the rest of TSR

x

And what idiots keep negging people for saying it's unattractive? The thread is asking for opinions and people are giving them.
    Totally agree with this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karateworm)
    Well generally (and it is a generalisation) that if someone is friendly and likes kids, they're more likely to be a nicer person who is more in touch with their playful/gentle side.

People who dislike children seem to be either selfish, cold, uncaring etc.

It's obviously not a full proof rule, but if someone said they didn't like kids and never wanted to have them... well I'd look twice.
    You can still like children and not want your own you know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon)

LVD and the rest of TSR

x
    I'm not attempting, it just comes naturally son. Also, in that post I wasn't even attempting humour at all. :lolwut:

Don't like me? As the sig says, DEAL WITH IT m8.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 1, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.