Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

any smokers in the house? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jujhimup)
    sorry to disappoint, but its a serious hobby.
    Lol. Hobby or fetish?
    I didn't believe you so I googled it. As long as you actually know people who would do it, you're set then haha.

ReputationRep:
    and face it, it feels like heaven when it kicks. =)

who cares if we die 2 years earlier? atleast the other 68 years or so will be divine
    think uve been smoking coke mate

to the op: not by me but helped me cut down a lot;

"Another fool enduring the ignominy of addiction to a drug that does absolutely nothing for the victim other than briefly placate the cravings begun by the previous fag.

How dumb can you be?

Yes, I smoke, but I long since stopped recasting my pitiful cravings as a heroic central character in some kind of libertarian crusade.

I insist on the right to exchange fresh air for cancer!

You schmuck."-RedMiner

really baci is the worst drug ever does **** all apart from u get to watch a burning light in ur hand and then crave another one in a few hours

also. another way to cut down is not to look at smoking as binary i.e your a smoker or your not, ur only smoking when your smoking so to speak so cap the fag early after a few tokes etc etc any cut down is an achivement

ReputationRep:
    Try getting a room in a non-smoking flat in uni where u'll have to go outside to smoke. Trust me you wont be that bothered to smoke after a while. Especially on a day like today when its -4 outside!!

ReputationRep:
    Electronic cigarette... Critical Thinking, BLEH. What a pointless subject it is.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, and I want to quit. My date to do it by is the 3rd of Febuary lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilzyy)
    Lol. Hobby or fetish?
    I didn't believe you so I googled it. As long as you actually know people who would do it, you're set then haha.
    didnt believe me, ha? why would i make it up. ive been doing it since i left school, pretty much.

hobby or fetish? there's a fine line between the two. fetish to me is something you get a sexual kick out of. i dont get that. i liken it to a kind of drugs buzz really.

as for knowing people who do it: nobody, unfortunately! which i have to say im surprised. its bloody easy money if you ask me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alt__x)
    I can't see myself ever getting addicted. I have never smoked more than five a day, and I know that if i did decide one day to never smoke again I could easily do it. I don't see the harm in the odd cigarette, it might take like one year off my life oh big woop.
    haha, we all thought that when in the first year or so. i've stopped now but don't kid yourself.. you're addicted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jujhimup)
    didnt believe me, ha? why would i make it up. ive been doing it since i left school, pretty much.

hobby or fetish? there's a fine line between the two. fetish to me is something you get a sexual kick out of. i dont get that. i liken it to a kind of drugs buzz really.

as for knowing people who do it: nobody, unfortunately! which i have to say im surprised. its bloody easy money if you ask me.
    You said earlier you had previously paid a group of people to do it. How did you do it if you don't know anyone who would do it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilzyy)
    You said earlier you had previously paid a group of people to do it. How did you do it if you don't know anyone who would do it?
    Hi,

i have done, many a time - but the situation now is that there is nobody i have regular arrangements with like i used to.

ReputationRep:
    I started smoking when i was 14. Quit for about 18 months when I was 19. Started again at 21 until I was 22 and then quit for about 2 years again. I started again in September and am thinking about quitting again now while I'm on holiday. I hate smoking it's a waste of money and it smells gross but I am weak lol. I have 3 left atm I'm not sure whether to just chuck them and start now or finish them first. I have a horrible cold at the minute which is really hurting my chest so I don't really want to smoke anyway so I'm thinking it may be a good time to quit and just throw my others out and go for it..........it's a scary notion though!

ReputationRep:
    disregard cigarettes, acquire blunts.

ReputationRep:
    I've been on 10-15 a day since first year of uni [graduated in the summer]. Attempted to quit twice, latest run at the title is NYE.

ReputationRep:
    I used to smoke reguarly but now I am an infrequent one.
    I will quit eventually

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aisha~~)
    I think that was the original mentality of about 90% of people that started smoking. Myself included.
    Exactly

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 21, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.