Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you dump him for this or let it go? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munchkin88)
    You're talking about it like it was a date - she paid for her own dinner and there were two other people there....do you really think it was a date?

not really. thats my point.

ReputationRep:
    Please just get over this 'perfect relationship' mentality. No relationship is perfect. Reality will hit you one day, and maybe this is it. Love dosn't come without pain.

It's not dumpable, but he shouldn't have lied. Just work on it for the next time...

ReputationRep:
    I'd say that after how much he's put up with he deserves to be forgiven for ONE mistake, you put him through hell by going complete psycho on him, dumped him for no reason and got with someone else that very same night (very classy by the way )
    And yet he's still taken you back?
    AND now you're considering dumping him because he made one small mistake of not telling you something that in all honesty is hardly worth knowing about?
    Surely you dont need a forum full of students to tell you that your logic and trust are the problems here?
    You seem to be trying to convince yourself that you have a good reason to dump him?

ReputationRep:
    Can I have his contact details so I can tell him to dump you, please? I was even polite about it.

ReputationRep:
    Give me your boyfriend's number, I need to tell him to break up with you.

ReputationRep:
    You're just a selfishly jealous bint!

ReputationRep:
    I know I was a ***** to dump him for no reason and pull someone the same night, but I did tell him THE NEXT DAY and he took me back anyway.

I behaved badly over the following months and I know that, but whilst it was happening he never seemed to give up; even when I refused to speak to him/ignored him/said mean things, he constantly called me and tried again and again with me, and drove from London to Birmingham every weekend without fail to visit me, even when things were at their lowest.

That's why I don't understand how at the same time he was talking to some girl he knew I had a problem with, and meeting up with her whilst reassuring me he wasn't in touch with her. He knew that lying to me about that wasn't going to help the situation, but he did it anyway.
    Because you're a paranoid crazy ***** and he knew it'd cause problems.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like a would-be case of cheating.
    He's too trapped by you to leave you, either too weak or too used to you to do so. But he was also unhappy so he was thinking of cheating on you, as an escape. But it never happened. It probably will at some point though if you're as high maintenance as you say you are. Have you considered how he felt about you sleeping with someone else that night? Men have feelings too you know.

ReputationRep:
    tbh you need a *****slap into next week, you obviously walk all over him.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend and I had the perfect relationship for the first six months; he made it clear he was absolutely devoted to me and went out of his way to stop anyone getting in between us. He had a (very hot) female friend who he had pulled in the past, and who would constantly try it on with him after we got together. I saw him reject her for me on several occasions, so I knew he was loyal and taking the relationship seriously.

After six months we hit a really bad patch which was entirely my fault. I became really insecure and paranoid about EVERYTHING and would constantly shout at him, question him about everything and generally make his life hell. This culminated in me dumping him, pulling someone else the same night, and then taking him back the next day when he begged me to try and change back to who I used to be.

Things got a lot better after those few months and now are pretty much back to perfect. He admitted to me yesterday that when things were bad, he had been invited out for dinner with a guy from work who was bringing a female friend with him who he hadn't seen for years, and so my boyfriend invited THAT girl (the one who always tried it on) to go with them, and they went out as a foursome. He hid this from me for nearly a year, saying he did it because he had almost lost hope in us ever working and didn't want to continue to reject this girl when she kept trying to contact him and be his friend.

He swears he didn't kiss her and that it was just as friends, but he didn't see why he should cut people who wanted to be his friend out of his life for my sake - when I was being a terrible person towards him.

I think it was all my fault but I hate the thought that he has lied all this time and the thought of them out for dinner when I had no idea....am I over-reacting? Should I get over it or dump him?
    nice story..was fun reading it :innocent:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    Because you're a paranoid crazy ***** and he knew it'd cause problems.
    It's exactly that which confuses me. I WAS a paranoid crazy *****, absolutely. But during that phase, he never ever gave me any hint that he was fed up or considering leaving me. He'd be on the phone ten times a day begging me to see sense and promising to do anything he needed to in order to make it work. That just doesn't seem consistent with the revelation that the whole time he was actually breaking the deal which HE had initiated in the first place.

I don't blame him for breaking the deal as I can see why he would have given up on me, but his actions don't seem to correlate - he never showed me any signs of giving up...so why did he just do it behind my back....why didn't he just end it?

ReputationRep:
    my fault. I became really insecure and paranoid about EVERYTHING and would constantly shout at him, question him about everything and generally make his life hell. This culminated in me dumping him, pulling someone else the same night, and then taking him back the next day when he begged me to try and change back to who I used to be.
    Once a paranoid clingy nutjob, always a paranoid clingy nutjob clearly.

ReputationRep:
    He didn't exactly lie, he just didn't tell you.

What you did to him was worse than what he did to you, considering how devoted to you you say he was what you did must have hurt a lot, it's a credit to him that ALL he did was invite someone around for dinner.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 1, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.