Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAK.A)
    I also suffer from a romantic side thats why I prefer to stay indoors with my girlfriend with a hot cup of choco and a nice film but that can't happen if i can't travel to my girlfriends house because of the evil snow.
    Yeah I'll go get a cheap pair of boots or something with grip if it doesn't snow tommorow. Fingers crossed.
    Don't go cheap man, if your feet have stopped growing spend a bit more and treat them right, when you come in stuff them with newspaper and let them dry, then take a damp cloth and wipe the salt/grit marks off them. You can buy some products which help protect the leather against the snow too. Or if you don't want fashion boots just go for the invincible walking type of boot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by North Korea WW3)
    You live on the West Coast of Norway right? So I guess that explains why the snow melts so quickly because of the gulf stream circulating warm air from the Caribbean, traveling up towards the UK where gathers acid rain that burns away your forest...
    Yes,lol. The climate in Norway depends on where you live. I live on the West Coast, and hence I get rainy and milder winters. Christmas of 2009 was the first white Christmas in about 10 years.

Ditto I too hate the snow.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Gemma :)!)
      I have to walk a grand total of one hour to uni and one hour back, not including various busses or trains that I may have to get along the way- so I'm not really looking forward to tomorrow, either!
      oh my lord

wouldnt it just be worth buying accomodation instead of going through that every day

ReputationRep:
      I've driven 127,000 miles in all weathers; snow (and therefore icy roads) is by far the worst.

ReputationRep:
      Its very pretty, but if it carries on snowing tonight looks like I'm going to have to walk to work tomorrow

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by TK2 King Pin)
      oh my lord

wouldnt it just be worth buying accomodation instead of going through that every day
      Haha it's a long story.. I was living closer with my boyfriend, but things happened which meant I had to move back in with my parents.. was too late to get halls/a house up there- plus I hadn't got the loans for that so couldn't be bothered going to SLC and applying for it.. I'll survive :P

My Mum drives me sometimes which only takes about 25mins, and I get every Thurs off so it's not every day

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by danman14)
      day 1 - yeahh snow!
      day 2- yeahh still happy!
      day 3 - novely starting to wear off
      day 3 - ok, getting annoyed. im starting to forget what colour the grass was
      day 4 - just ***k off now.
      yup erm, not sure i know what country you're from buddy, but where i live, after 5 days it's generally considered to be 'day 5'

ReputationRep:
      Yeah snows rubbish . Last year I couldn't get to work for 3 days, then had to make up all my hours later on. And loads of the people I work with ended up having to sleep at the hospital! I liked snow when I was still at school because you got snow days, but working in a hospital sucks because it never shuts! Silly patients cant look after themselves for a few days!

ReputationRep:
      yup erm, not sure i know what country you're from buddy, but where i live, after 5 days it's generally considered to be 'day 5'
      You live in Korea then mate?

ReputationRep:
      I'll swap with you, my school have NEVER closed because of the snow, and we have had it prettyyyy bad! Never ever ever! It's quite ridiculous, because half the people don't come in anyway so we don't get proper lessons as there are only like 5 people in each class. If it snows badly overnight I probably won't go in tomorrow seeing as I have only one lesson, so I'd be starting school at 8:30 and finishing at 9:30...hardly worth it, really.

ReputationRep:
      I love snow. It's a barstad, but it's awesome.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Gemma :)!)
      Haha it's a long story.. I was living closer with my boyfriend, but things happened which meant I had to move back in with my parents.. was too late to get halls/a house up there- plus I hadn't got the loans for that so couldn't be bothered going to SLC and applying for it.. I'll survive :P

My Mum drives me sometimes which only takes about 25mins, and I get every Thurs off so it's not every day
      yeah well i mean, i personally would probably set up a tent somewhere around the university grounds, maybe returning home for a shower and some food

but sure, if that works for you, i guess i can't have any qualms

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by North Korea WW3)
      You live in Korea then mate?
      actually no mate, dubai actually mate

that aside, i commend your comments:negative rep ratio, you've done well there mate

ReputationRep:
      I don't really like snow, either.
      I like it for the first few hours. It makes my road look really pretty, and I live next to a lane which leads to the river, and that just looks simply amazing. And the church I live opposite looks nice, too.

After a few hours, however, it just becomes a pain. We never seem to get the good sort of snow - we seem to just get the stuff which turns to slush as soon as you walk on it, so everything turns from fluffy white snow to grey slush. Then the slush re-freezes and going anywhere becomes a right pain.
      Not to mention the bitter coldness. No matter how many socks I put on, my feet always feel like they're going to drop off.

ReputationRep:
      Get to love the ******* thing, why not!

ReputationRep:
      yeah well i mean, i personally would probably set up a tent somewhere around the university grounds, maybe returning home for a shower and some food

but sure, if that works for you, i guess i can't have any qualms
      Hahaha, I've never really liked camping..
      As I said, I'll survive

ReputationRep:
      People in this country do nothing but bloody moan. I hate hot weather, I hate rain, I hate snow. Boo hoo hoo.

If you hate snow, you hate life. /fact.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Ministerdonut)
      There should be an unwritten rule that snow only falls from the 24 of december and then magically clears by 2 jan.

Last year ,where I live from like the middle of december until late feb, the snow and ice caused major problems. And I live in a typically mild part of the UK.

And I tell you what else annoys me, are the people who live in countries who live with snow all year round who laugh at us. Their governments spend money on all sorts of technology and other things to make it easier because it makes finanical sense . Our goverments do not and I find every year we are completely unprepared for this.

You know what,we need to reverse all this global warming rubbish,lets pollute the atmos as much as possible and warm the planet up big time. Blame the cold winters on these environmentalist idiots.
      I thought Global Warning is meant to cause more extreme weather, such as colder winters, warmer summers, etc.

Not too sure about that though...

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Karishma.18)
      I'll swap with you, my school have NEVER closed because of the snow, and we have had it prettyyyy bad! Never ever ever! It's quite ridiculous, because half the people don't come in anyway so we don't get proper lessons as there are only like 5 people in each class. If it snows badly overnight I probably won't go in tomorrow seeing as I have only one lesson, so I'd be starting school at 8:30 and finishing at 9:30...hardly worth it, really.
      My school has only closed once in like 2 years :rolleyes:

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2011
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.