Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you guys manage to keep your gf happy? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I find myself single but its not that hard...

I'd cook for her :bigsmile:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meatzaper)
    And thats why he doesnt have a gf *ba da Boom*
    Hahahaa, but (un)fortunately it tends to be the other way around, i.e. whenever I've had a female friend, if we become close they tell me they like me and make our friendship awkward. But, admittedly, there was one time, that after expressing that I liked a close female friend (my reasons for her liking her were perhaps a bit weak), I wasn't friend zoned by her (as that individuals sig describes), more like she just mocked me for liking her :s (maybe i took too long to believe that she was a b*tch, though she did admit to being that herself). Perhaps a good thing, because I do realise I can do better ^^ so yay :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamned)
    Hahahaa, but (un)fortunately it tends to be the other way around, i.e. whenever I've had a female friend, if we become close they tell me they like me and make our friendship awkward. But, admittedly, there was one time, that after expressing that I liked a close female friend (my reasons for her liking her were perhaps a bit weak), I wasn't friend zoned by her (as that individuals sig describes), more like she just mocked me for liking her :s (maybe i took too long to believe that she was a b*tch, though she did admit to being that herself). Perhaps a good thing, because I do realise I can do better ^^ so yay :/
    true friends and relationships usually don't go because if you break up the girl gets all weird.....at least you didn't get tied down to a ***** mobile... when you say 'weak' do you mean you just wanted to have sex with her??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boobies.)
    I think your sig is slightly harsh on girls.
    Boobs are pretty cool... I will grow a pair for you?? hmm wait do u say a 'pair' of boobs :\

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Final Fantasy)
    The truth hurts, but it sets you free.

Edit: Boobies <- just wanted to say that. :sexface:
    First and last time I choose a username relating to boobs on an internet forum.
    I've not been on here two months and i've had 224 private messages, and 76 public ones.

And its not true - your best guy friend is rarely qualified enough to be your boyfriend. Yes he thinks he can do better than the other applicants, but the hiring team know what they're looking for, and best friend material doesn't cut it sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    Nice try kid. :rolleyes:
    'bash.org' .... hmm really??... i like final fatasy tho so (y)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katyness)
    aawwww :love:
    How come you dont have a girlfriend? What is wrong with women nowadays?!?
    He is not the only sweet one here, you know.:cool:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    First and last time I choose a username relating to boobs on an internet forum.
    I've not been on here two months and i've had 224 private messages, and 76 public ones.

And its not true - your best guy friend is rarely qualified enough to be your boyfriend. Yes he thinks he can do better than the other applicants, but the hiring team know what they're looking for, and best friend material doesn't cut it sometimes.
    It's an awesome username!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    'bash.org' .... hmm really??... i like final fatasy tho so (y)
    It's a quote I found from bash.org.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dekota-XS)
    In this current economic climate we live in where it's hard to meet your own day to day needs, how do you manage to keep your gf happy? The cost of meeting up, cost of taking her out, cost of gifts etc?
    Don't put them on a pedestal like you're doing now and they'll be begging to make YOU happy..

ReputationRep:
    true friends and relationships usually don't go because if you break up the girl gets all weird.....at least you didn't get tied down to a ***** mobile... when you say 'weak' do you mean you just wanted to have sex with her??
    Nah hahahaa, that's not what I meant by weak. more like, it was the summer holidays and we used to talk most days and nights, but I guess I only spent a few months to get to know her, so it was probably too soon for me to judge whether or not I liked her- consequently it was probably too soon to admit it (it definitely feels that way when I look back). I suppose in comparison, a stronger reason would be 'we've been friends for a really long time', but I guess that wasn't the case, since it wasn't really that long for us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoulfulBoy)
    He is not the only sweet one here, you know.:cool:
    Is he not? Well, it seems like you're up to prove me wrong :sexface:

I don't.

But seriously i'm single.

ReputationRep:
      It's an awesome username!
      Lmfao. Thanks :L

ReputationRep:
      Even if your not spending money directly on her, you still have to spend money with her going out for dinner etc. If anyone believe most girls will stick around for someone who is happy spending all of there time in they are dreaming

ReputationRep:
      Things that are free to do: sing her a love song, write her a poem, write her a list of things you love about her as a gift haha, do some volunteer work together, if she's got her favourite movies on DVD just watch those with her, make dinner for her rather than eating elsewhere.

Maybe I'm just making an assumption, but I think if I did have a gf she would prefer those things that are free and what I would have put effort into, rather than what I can simply purchase.
      aww thumbs up to adamned..

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by goodmen)
      Even if your not spending money directly on her, you still have to spend money with her going out for dinner etc. If anyone believe most girls will stick around for someone who is happy spending all of there time in they are dreaming
      aw that doesn't have to be true. when I visit my boyfriend at uni we usually stay in because despite his efforts to convince me where he lives is an interesting place I find it so boring and there's nothing to do there.
      and when we do go out I usually have to pay anyway :rolleyes: besides you can go out and not have to spend money you can go with her while she goes shopping and be nice and carry stuff. you can go to the beach in the summer. And Im sure there are many other things I can't think of because neither me or my boyfriend usually spend much money seeing each other

ReputationRep:
      Things that are free to do: sing her a love song, write her a poem, write her a list of things you love about her as a gift haha, do some volunteer work together, if she's got her favourite movies on DVD just watch those with her, make dinner for her rather than eating elsewhere.

Maybe I'm just making an assumption, but I think if I did have a gf she would prefer those things that are free and what I would have put effort into, rather than what I can simply purchase.
      :love:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by katyness)
      Damn! That is harsh
      I think your sig is slightly harsh on girls.
      I think this is just proving how girls (I'm not saying ALL girls so don't take this personally but my point is about stereotyping being wrong anyway so...) ... how girls can so often say bad things about guys, possibly saying that all guys are the same in a certain bad way because of 1 or 2 bad experiences of the individual girl, and this will just be accepted and people move on; if a guy says something similar about girls it's seen as harsh and he's jumped on like this! I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying that society seems to leave a lot of anti-male stuff unnoticed in the face of anti-female stuff!

I do, however, disagree with what the sig says. I know that lots of guys say that about girls but I think the problem lies in the fact that the guy in the story won't move on and accept that he's not the girl's type romantically!

And there's also a problem with the fact that girls often don't notice when the guy they like is a **** (insert whatever derogatory word you like there!) when it might be more obvious to a guy who can see through what the girl likes about him, so guys (and, yes, girls as well but for different reasons) often see when girls are getting together with ****s and can't help but know they saw it coming when the girl finally realises actually he wasn't a nice guy in the first place! A surprising amount of guys are ****s, I've discovered - I find it comforting that I'm a straight guy so don't have to try to find a guy who's not lol.

Sorry for the essay

ReputationRep:

Holy... I dont even...

http://i.imgur.com/a2Rdp.gif

That has got to be the most beta thing I've ever heard

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 1, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.