Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I am Laura, I am 23 and graduated from the University of York in 2010. I studied Children and Young People and have done lots of volunteering work with children including Camp America.

I got my letter a few weeks ago after having my interview on 20th December! I have been waiting a long time!!

We should all be fine with a place as it said in the news a couple of days ago that they were not cutting Primary PGCES in fact they were increasing places by 6%!

xx

ReputationRep:
    I'm 20 but I'll be 21 soonish. Same, just in my final year of a BA Fine Art. I was worried everyone would have had years out and stuff - I still feel really young haha!

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry I feel the same!! I spent so long thinking should I have a gap year before applying...? but in the end I just wanted to get all my qualifications sorted out and I thought if after the PGCE I still feel like I need a break to build more confidence or whatever then I'll have it then before my NQT!

ReputationRep:
    I got a letter on Wednesday saying that I have been offered a place (depending on the TDA etc). Very happy! Well done to all that have been 'accepted', to those who haven't do not worry. I interviewed at York St John this time last year, and I was rejected but this year has been the best year for experience etc.
    I am 23 years old. I graduated from Sheffield Hallam University in June 2010, I studied Education and Disability Studies for three years. I've then been working as a teaching assistant since September in a local Junior School.

ReputationRep:
    My status has just changed on the gttr track thing

ReputationRep:
    Mine too!! Guess I will be seeing you in September! xx

ReputationRep:
    Mine has too

ReputationRep:
    Maybe we should make a facebook group so anyone on the course can join and that way we won't be complete strangers when it gets to September! Xx

ReputationRep:
    Mine has as well, I firmly accepted (obviously)! The facebook group sounds like a good idea xx

ReputationRep:
    I tried to create a group on Facebook but apparently now you can only invite your Facebook friends to a group so I've created a page because you can still write on the wall etc.
    This is the link:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hull-U...91702427520826

x

Oh also, if I'm wrong about the groups thing and somebody else is more technologically minded than me (lol) please create a group because I think that would be better, and I will delete the page!! x

ReputationRep:
    I've joined - great idea!

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone I had my interview 31st January and my status has not changed yet and I haven't heard anything. Has anybody else? Don't want to assume that I have a place just because I have not been rejected yet, Hayley

ReputationRep:
    Hi i had my interview on the morning of the 31st and i'm in same boat as you hayley. Fingers crossed for us both :-) Jen

ReputationRep:
    Yes same here, I had mine on the afternoon of 31st Jan, and now lots of people have said they've got offers I keep checking the GTTR every 5 mins!! Fingers crossed for us all!! =)

ReputationRep:
    Same here - I had my interview on the 28th!

ReputationRep:
    hopefully we will hear soon then, I really aren't good at waiting - I remember them saying something about a reserve list so I dont want to be too hopeful in case I don't have a firm place - fingers crossed!!!!! eeekkkk!!!

ReputationRep:
    I am pretty bad at waiting too - so I called the Admissions team and updates will be available on GTTR soon!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi - I just got my offer through on GTTR - so if you are waiting for a reply go log on and see if there has been an update!

ReputationRep:
    OMG I got in!! Just spent the last 10 mins on the phone crying to mum! =') Congrats to everyone else who got in!

ReputationRep:
    Me too - congrats! See you in September

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.