Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Blown it by falling asleep on him Watch

ReputationRep:
    You can't of looked that hot after 3 days of no sleep. Surely you realised this was a bad idea :eek: Perhaps contact him and tell him what happened.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have insomnia - pretty bad and, until earlier today (which I'll be coming to), I hadn't slept at all in three days.

So, went out with a guy I've liked for a while. First date to the cinema ... and, because it's a warm and dark place, and the background noise is quite comforting, I fall asleep. Making it worse, I actually lean away from him and towards the wall.

He wakes me up a couple of hours later and, when I blearily ask him when it's starting, he coughs politely and informs me it's actually finished. Silent drive home and, at the end of it, he says, "Um, to be honest this hasn't been a great success - probably won't be calling you."

Well, what could I say? It hadn't been.

FML.
    I don't see that you've done anything wrong. He's being a bit of a ****.

I think it's quite cute really, falling asleep because you're all tuckered out....like one of those you tube videos of rabbits falling asleep. Quite adorable- I would have fed you some lettuce after you woke up.

ReputationRep:
    Man you can't write this kind of stuff!

ReputationRep:
    The falling asleep during sex route?

Yeah... Should have noticed before I posted.

it was the falling asleep on him that did it really

big set up, and then you pull the rug out from under us

I don't know what to believe anymore...

ReputationRep:
    That is kind of direct and harsh.

Don't bother with him. Why the **** did he not wake you up anyway?

ReputationRep:
    Just the incredibly technophobic. I had one - I could just about dial and call, but in two years I never actually used it once, so it didn't really seem worth replacing when my cousin dropped it from my bathroom window.
    A technophobe on an Internet Forum, well I never..

(Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
    I don't see that you've done anything wrong. He's being a bit of a ****.

I think it's quite cute really, falling asleep because you're all tuckered out....like one of those you tube videos of rabbits falling asleep. Quite adorable- I would have fed you some lettuce after you woke up.
    That wasn't really the outcome I was going for...

(Original post by princessmarisa)
    A technophobe on an Internet Forum, well I never..
    Internet's relatively easy, I can deal with that.

(Original post by Scubar)
    it was the falling asleep on him that did it really

big set up, and then you pull the rug out from under us

I don't know what to believe anymore...
    Has this ruined your view of the world?

ReputationRep:
    So you didn't actually fall asleep ON him..then don't put that in the ****ing title you lying sket

ReputationRep:
    That wasn't really the outcome I was going for...
    you were hoping for carrots?
    • TSR Support Team

Maybe if you happen to see him, then try telling him you have trouble sleeping, if not he's not worth it. But next time I suggest a dinner date or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Boney King of Nowhere)
    So you didn't actually fall asleep ON him..then don't put that in the ****ing title you lying sket

IDIOT, "THICK LITTLE SKET",

As in, the other sense of "on" someone, not literally.

Jesus...

ReputationRep:
    yep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super.teve)
    IDIOT, "THICK LITTLE SKET",

As in, the other sense of "on" someone, not literally.

Jesus...
    Well it's not a particularly clear title is it:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Boney King of Nowhere)
    Well it's not a particularly clear title is it:rolleyes:
    I guess not, but you was a little too harsh :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super.teve)
    I guess not, but you was a little too harsh :cool:
    go back under your bridge troll

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by handgrenadeheart)
    If he's going to be so shallow about it, is he really worth your time? If you get the opportunity to tell him you have insomnia then go for it; it could really change things. But if it doesn't, I think you should wait for the guy who won't mind you falling asleep...the guy who will look at you and think it's really cute.
    This isn't a fairytale generally someone falling asleep on date isn't going to taken well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jellybean91)
    p.s. if hes gonna be that blunt about it hes not worth it find someone who would giggle about it
    I think anyone would be quite err..put off if someone fell asleep on them, not quite sure how you could giggle it off really? I know maybe one person who could make it into a joke, but he dones't take anything seriousley!

(Original post by secret_smile)
    You should have explained why you dozed off...

But none the less, that is incredibly rude of him.
    Are you sure you even want to be dating a guy like that???
    Is it? Surely it's actually a rather honest gesture of him to just let her know? I think it's much ruder if he'd said 'Till laters' and then just never got in touch, as it leaves the girl hanging.
    He said what he thought, yes maybe a little bluntly - but not everyone is great with words.

ReputationRep:
    I have insomnia - pretty bad and, until earlier today (which I'll be coming to), I hadn't slept at all in three days.

So, went out with a guy I've liked for a while. First date to the cinema ... and, because it's a warm and dark place, and the background noise is quite comforting, I fall asleep. Making it worse, I actually lean away from him and towards the wall.

He wakes me up a couple of hours later and, when I blearily ask him when it's starting, he coughs politely and informs me it's actually finished. Silent drive home and, at the end of it, he says, "Um, to be honest this hasn't been a great success - probably won't be calling you."

Well, what could I say? It hadn't been.

FML.
    explain your situation and ask for a reset

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 3, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.