Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uk_superman)
    Got a 300 point offer for philosophy.
    congrats

ReputationRep:
    I got an unconditional for physiotherapy !

ReputationRep:
    nope i havent heard from any university (southampton, Brighton, Bournemouth or kings??)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laneii)
    Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats all :-) !

ReputationRep:
    guys, herts is asking for 320 points and I'm really interested in going there but I really dont know if I'm gonna get those grades! Anyone know if herts is lineant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobertGrey)
    guys, herts is asking for 320 points and I'm really interested in going there but I really dont know if I'm gonna get those grades! Anyone know if herts is lineant?
    They used to be very lineant but those times are over I think. Last year the University got into quite some trouble for accepting way too many students, which resulted into a lot of students having to live in hotels for months. Then this year (2010/2011) they got really strict and only accepted students who had met their offer. So it seems like they are sticking to that. However, it completely depends on what department you are applying to, certain departments have so many applicants that they can afford to say ''we don't accept anyone who doesn't get so many points''. There are other departments who probably struggle more to fill up all places with higher offers so they will/should eventually be more lineant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazee')
    If so then what for ?
    I'm hoping to send my application off this week for Business/HR management!!
    Yeah, I received an offer from them in October to study Business with Human Resource Management in September 2011.

Hi 5, for doing the same course lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jds93)
    Yeah, I received an offer from them in October to study Business with Human Resource Management in September 2011.

Hi 5, for doing the same course lol
    Haha! Hi5! But that course went up too 300 points :-(
    So I'm now going to do just the HR Management on its own!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything for primary education? x

ReputationRep:
    conditional from herts :d primary ed

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Somebody mentioned on here whether Herts are flexible or not.

The answer is unfortunately No.

I have a conditional for Herts that requires 45 merits on the Access course.

I emailed the Humanities Admissions tutor and asked if there was any flexibility at all and he said no!
    He said that they have had record numbers of applicants and so they are asking for the highest grades that they can and they are sticking to them, there are no allowances at all.

Sorry

ReputationRep:
    Actually I also have got an offer from Herts for Marketing with Advertising. Maybe someone studies it there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laneii)
    Laneii when did you have your interview?

I had mine on the 9th February, they said we'd hear in 2 weeks, i didnt so i rang, no information, so i emailed the course leader and she said she give out offers over email, but, those who are unsuccessful hear first, so i am staying optimistic, but, still very nervous...

I read on here they started their interviews on the 12th January and may still be interviewing now, 3 years ago there was 110 places now theres 44...

Arghhh, well done by the way, cant say i'm not jealous though!

ReputationRep:
    Yep!! an offer for me too!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone go to the open day on 12th march...what was your overall opinion of the campus, forum, LRC, talks etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ,,,,)
    Anyone go to the open day on 12th march...what was your overall opinion of the campus, forum, LRC, talks etc...
    have a look at the ''after visiting the open day..'' thread

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1571920

ReputationRep:
    Got my offer from Hertfordshire for psychology today for psychology. I need to get 320 UCAS points. Finally! Relieved.

(I shall write this on the other thread too, because I have no idea which one is more more 'official'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren_H)
    I went to an interview for Social Work degree on the 20th. I'm waiting to hear and am ssoooo impatient!!!xx
    HELPP!!!!!
    i am freaking out. i have an interview at herts tomoro for social work and dont know what to expect. could you please let me know how the interview went and what questions you were asked...thankss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pretaeperon)
    Just got my 'academically unconditional' offer from Herts ! weee

The offer is for Sound design technology course.

My offer from Herts is same as you. Do you know what is the exact difference between sound design tech and music tech? Do you think they might accept if I wanna change my course from sound design to music tech?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.