Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Most embarrassing songs you listen to!? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have all of Kylie Minogue's songs

ReputationRep:
    I like running to the High School Musical soundtrack. On repeat.

ReputationRep:
    30 Seconds to Mars...Kings and Queens...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ***Frann***)
    OMG! Same
    In fact, I'm just gonna come clean - here is the entire contents of my private album on iTunes:
    -The Thumbelina soundtrack
    -The Anastacia (disney) soundtrack
    -Heaven was needing a hero, by Jo de Messina
    -I'm already there, by Lonestar
    -The shrek soundtrack
    -Wires, by Athlete
    -What is love?, by Haddaway
    -Courage is, by the Strange Familiars
    -The Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat soundtrack
    -'Stand in the rain' and 'Courage', by Superchic[k]
    -My immortal, by evanescense
    -Nothing compares, by Sinead O'connor
    -Bright eyes, by Simon and Garfunkel
    -A selective range of Robbie!

the list goes on!
    Apparently, when my aunt's house got burgled a long time ago, the thief had a sense of humour and took all of the CDs except for Take That.

I have a Take That album too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher)

Not sure whether to be embarrassed or not, it is definitely a tune.
    OMG, I remember this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glennith)
    Bryan Adams. :yep:
    Yep, me too.

Alongside some very cheesy glam rock T-Rex songs, a couple Eurovision ones, two Taylor Swift numbers and that 'Now We Are Free' song from Gladiator.

ReputationRep:
    Imogen Heap. I'm a boy, yeah..........

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry Poteron - I think that my CD stash is the one thing warding robbers off!

ReputationRep:
    Bon Jovi, Wanted dead or alive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oot0GtjQuxQ

Just to be clear is that a neg for Bon Jovi being the lamest thing ever or from an angry bon jovi fan? =/

ReputationRep:
    As a metalhead who's top 5 bands are: Black Sabbath, Dark Fortress, the gathering, death and slayer I have some VERY embarassing ones.

Leona Lewis - bleeding love, a few lady gaga songs, rick astley - NGGYU, A-ha - take on me, Spandau Ballet - gold, and some other 80's cheese.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potiron)
    Gosh. How did you end up in that situation? Was it through choice?!
    Not exactly, they were at my ****ty party in the park before they were famous... Seriously, where I live, there's no cinema and about 2 shops. It was about their level tbh.

And I stayed to pokechavs with sticks. :poke:
    (Original post by SophiaKeuning)
    Yep, me too.

Alongside some very cheesy glam rock T-Rex songs, a couple Eurovision ones, two Taylor Swift numbers and that 'Now We Are Free' song from Gladiator.
    One night love affair? :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyBeautiful)
    Simon and Garfunkel. Which I don't think is embarrassing in itself, since Simon wrote some classic songs, but it's not exactly 'cool'
    What!? Simon & Garfunkel are the coolest of the cool! Just that opening sequence in The Graduate...oft, that has to make them cool!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glennith)
    Bryan Adams. :yep:
    Nooo! Bryan Adams is one of your embarrassing playlists?! I listen to this stuff all the time :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metalthrashin'mad)
    As a metalhead who's top 5 bands are: Black Sabbath, Dark Fortress, the gathering, death and slayer I have some VERY embarassing ones.

Leona Lewis - bleeding love, a few lady gaga songs, rick astley - NGGYU, A-ha - take on me, Spandau Ballet - gold, and some other 80's cheese.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bonged.)
    Spiritual Healing and Human are two of the best death metal albums, along with the first 2 by Dismember, entombed, deicide and suffocation respectively

ReputationRep:
    and proud

ReputationRep:
    Do any of you sometimes think that songs sound better when they're 'guilty pleasures' because of the danger element... :cool:

*whispers* Natalie Imbruglia 'Torn', Rihanna 'Disturbia', La Roux 'In for the kill', Madonna 'La isla bonita'

I'm so ashamed... *looks for pavement b-sides to try and regain a scrap of self-respect*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rrahimer)
    and proud
    Totally just listened to this.

I prefer it to elton john's version... Is that bad? :dontknow:

(Original post by DanielleT192)
    Nooo! Bryan Adams is one of your embarrassing playlists?! I listen to this stuff all the time :P
    I have a two disc anthology..
    the shame!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christien)
    Simon and Garfunkel are possibly the most well-regarded folk band of all time, and with good reason. Don't EVER be embarrassed of listening to them.
    I'm not really I don't think; more just aware that it's not something many people my age would necessarily listen to. But

I think I'm more embarrassed by the fact that I find Art in his youth to have been very attractive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatatonicStupor)
    What!? Simon & Garfunkel are the coolest of the cool! Just that opening sequence in The Graduate...oft, that has to make them cool!

:yep: Can't argue with that

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.