The Student Room Group

For people who have casual SEX

Scroll to see replies

her - "ooh baby yeah oh yeah just like that yeah"
him - "oh yeah sexy lady oh yeah"
her - " ooooh yeah thats so......wait what the hell you sticking in me thats not a penis."
him - "nope thats a cotton bud im testing you before we get funky."

Whilst her face would an absolute picture i doubt youd be getting sex afterard
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 61
Original post by Alt__x
Who even uses the femidom?? Apart from lesbians?
I think it would kind of kill the moment of you started testing someone for STI's as long as you use a condom you are protected for the most part anyway/

Some women use femidoms, though you have to be careful when you insert a penis into your pussy, since it if thrusts to the side (i.e. between the outside of the femidom and your vaginal walls) it is rendered ineffective.

So what is more important to you - your safety? Or the moment being killed? Condoms/femidoms do not protect against skin-to-skin contact between male and female genitalia? (e.g. if a guy's testicles touched your fannyflaps). Condoms/femidoms do not cover the testicles/labia so there may be an argument that they should have flexible latex extensions attached. Also, what if you were teabagging a hot guy, wouldn't you want to prevent STIs from being deposited in your mouth?
Reply 62
Have you guys heard about the new contraceptive mobile phone which has dual functionality of doubling as a contraceptive? It's called the Doro and is being sold on an Orange contract at the mo.
Original post by effofex
Obviously not everyone may have exact change meaning the cards are useful and presumably two very sexually excited people would not want to be waiting in a queue for too long!

Alternatively, you could just have some form of vending machine into which you insert your erect penis to immediately recieve protection.
Reply 64
Original post by Jenny_Jazz
That is a great idea OP, they should have some sort of machine that dispenses condoms and place them in bathrooms in pubs and clubs and some restaurants.

No-one has thought of that before.

I can spot the sarcasm JennyJen.

But why have the dispensers hidden away in the toilets when they can be right OUTSIDE the clubs/bars/pubs/restaurants so that more people are inclined to use them. It may also serve as a good reminder for those people who are in a hurry to screw each other senseless.
Original post by effofex
I can spot the sarcasm JennyJen.

But why have the dispensers hidden away in the toilets when they can be right OUTSIDE the clubs/bars/pubs/restaurants so that more people are inclined to use them. It may also serve as a good reminder for those people who are in a hurry to screw each other senseless.

Perhaps they were put in the bathrooms because people liked to be discreet when buying condoms. Not everyone is happy doing it in the open in public, some might be embarresed.
Reply 66
Perhaps they were put in the bathrooms because people liked to be discreet when buying condoms. Not everyone is happy doing it in the open in public, some might be embarresed.

Possibly, but the key here is trying to ensure that all casual shaggers are doing so safely. When dispensing machines are placed directly outside clubs/bars/pubs/discos/restaurants then people can't claim to have 'not been able to find one'. Also, this is a liberal Western country where casual sex is not frowned upon so nobody should be embarrassed by wanting to engage in tantalizingly sexy fun depending on how high their sexy drives are.
Original post by effofex
Possibly, but the key here is trying to ensure that all casual shaggers are doing so safely. When dispensing machines are placed directly outside clubs/bars/pubs/discos/restaurants then people can't claim to have 'not been able to find one'. Also, this is a liberal Western country where casual sex is not frowned upon so nobody should be embarrassed by wanting to engage in tantalizingly sexy fun depending on how high their sexy drives are.

I think the excuse "not being able to find one" is poor. There are so many around in pubs, clubs, bars and restuarants as well as many different shops, they are even being given away in clinics. So it is so easy to get them.

Whether they should or should not be embarrased isn't the point, the point is they are, which is why people might not want to buy them somewhere in plain sight.
Reply 68
xxxx
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 69
I think the excuse "not being able to find one" is poor. There are so many around in pubs, clubs, bars and restuarants as well as many different shops, they are even being given away in clinics. So it is so easy to get them.

Whether they should or should not be embarrased isn't the point, the point is they are, which is why people might not want to buy them somewhere in plain sight.

The point is that many people don't actually plan out or know whether or not they are going to have casual sex one night. So, for example, you may go out oblivious of that but meet a dazzlingly hot, sexy man you really badly want to shag and you may not have condoms/femidoms/STI-testing kits on your person. That's when the dispenser comes in handy.

I wasn't aware that they could be found in restaurants, but for many drunk and forgetful people (remember that many people have casual sex whilst under the influence of alcohol) who may simply forget, at the time they were in the club/pub/bar to visit the toilets to get the contraception - the dispensers can effectively remind them since they would be luminescent and in full view of those leaving the club.

If they are not embarrassed by snogging each other, grinding on each other, being heavily intoxicated whilst in public and in some cases revealing many parts of their body - I doubt they would be embarrassed by very quickly getting hold of contraceptives and STI-testing kits. Also, clinics are not open in the early hours of the morning (and it would be very unlikely to have mobile clinics outside nightlife hotspots) so the STI self-testing kits are the only real compromise in this instance.
Original post by effofex
Yes. Lots of people carry a driving licence in their wallets even though they may not always be required to display it. Many people may not have planned a one-night stand on a particular evening, but supposing you met a hot, sexually arousing man who you wanted to bang the brains out of, then you might suddenly want a one-night stand and that's where the dispensing machine comes in handy. You wouldn't have known whether or not you would meet such a fit, hot guy when you went out so may not have factored in taking a condom, femidom and STI-testing kit with you.

.....whats with the constant use of adjectives?

Anyway, the point is, there is zero need for implementing any scheme such as this when there are already condom dispensers in pubs and bars and clubs. If one isnt prepared to use them, thats their own problem.
Original post by onthejubileeline
What if you want to have cold sex with men with cold bodies?

It makes you a wierdo. Anyway, I wouldn't bother, not at a nightclub anyway 1) all you're thinking on the way home/said persons house is remember not to chunder on the way home, do you reckon I shaved properly, that kinda thing not about condoms! 2) you're not exactly gonna wait to see whether you or he has chlymdia before getting on with the buisiness 3) not at night 4) kinda humiliating? Having them outside? nah.
Come back when you've rethunked the idea! Something like free chlymdia testing for people? Anonymously. Condom cards?
My input is this, I've been seeing someone casually for a month or two, I've been through maybe 3 guys since July?

This one I quite like.

However I've ended up pregnant. My own fault but point is......there are consequences of being careless. Despite this, my friend is still being an absolute slut even though she knows I am up the duff.

To be fair we did use condoms, obviously it split and I hadn't realised. But it would be a lot better if this had happened in arelationship because now I'm on my arse in a panic. Forced contraception for students pleeeeeeeeeeeeease
Reply 73
Original post by ***Frann***
It makes you a wierdo. Anyway, I wouldn't bother, not at a nightclub anyway 1) all you're thinking on the way home/said persons house is remember not to chunder on the way home, do you reckon I shaved properly, that kinda thing not about condoms! 2) you're not exactly gonna wait to see whether you or he has chlymdia before getting on with the buisiness 3) not at night 4) kinda humiliating? Having them outside? nah.
Come back when you've rethunked the idea! Something like free chlymdia testing for people? Anonymously. Condom cards?

Speak for yourself :smile:
Reply 74
Original post by Anonymous
My input is this, I've been seeing someone casually for a month or two, I've been through maybe 3 guys since July?

This one I quite like.

However I've ended up pregnant. My own fault but point is......there are consequences of being careless. Despite this, my friend is still being an absolute slut even though she knows I am up the duff.

To be fair we did use condoms, obviously it split and I hadn't realised. But it would be a lot better if this had happened in arelationship because now I'm on my arse in a panic. Forced contraception for students pleeeeeeeeeeeeease

I think with this scheme you would have it effectively drilled into you to get hold of condoms and femidoms before having hot slutty fun - it's not as though you could miss the luminescent dispensers, and with the card, you wouldn't even need to have money on it - since the bill/invoice could be sent to the address at which the card was registered at. Also, the STI-testing kits would be free at the point of use - i.e. you could 'purchase' them using the card. Did you have most of your frolicky fun late at night? Because if so, then there is no chance of a health clinic being open for you to test yourself or your partner if you intend on shagging away through the night.

I suppose in future you could consider anal penetration - you can't get pregnant that way.
Original post by effofex
I think with this scheme you would have it effectively drilled into you to get hold of condoms and femidoms before having hot slutty fun - it's not as though you could miss the luminescent dispensers, and with the card, you wouldn't even need to have money on it - since the bill/invoice could be sent to the address at which the card was registered at. Also, the STI-testing kits would be free at the point of use - i.e. you could 'purchase' them using the card. Did you have most of your frolicky fun late at night? Because if so, then there is no chance of a health clinic being open for you to test yourself or your partner if you intend on shagging away through the night.

I suppose in future you could consider anal penetration - you can't get pregnant that way.

????
Reply 76
Original post by _summer09_
????

????
Reply 77
Original post by missygeorgia
If someone can't be bothered to be prepared with condoms and get themselves tested, they sure aren't going to go to the trouble of getting, registering and topping up this bizarre 'oyster card' type thing.

This.

There are already various services available to inform about safe sex practices, provide condoms and to test for STI's.

Even if the STI testing kit itself was reliable, the scope for user error would be great in a situation where the user is likely to be intoxicated. STI tests available that require urine samples aren't suitable to test for all STI's. Would it include a swab and a needle for blood samples? I'd rather have such equipment used by sober trained professionals than available in a self-testing kit. Also as someone mentioned in the post below me the results can take a number of days/weeks to get back so it's not something that can be done immediately as your suggestion implies.

It's good that you are thinking about current issues/problems and how to deal with them but a number of the points you posted were either already available or impractical.
(edited 13 years ago)
The one thing I REALLY don't get about this... is the STI testing kits (well the rest of it is just stupid but this really baffles me). OP - are you suggesting you use these before sleeping with someone? After? I don't get why you would ever need one of these from a vending machine. Because if you were meant to use it before... well results take like 2 weeks to get back, and you're not gonna wait that long. And after? Well whats the point? You just slept with them?

And seriously? Femidoms? What's with your insistance about femidoms? They really are very uncommon, especially with younger women. And if someone really was prepared, you can put them in before having sex (like 8 hours before) and be sorted.

But back to your original point. I've had a ONS, and didn't have a condom in my purse. He didn't have one in his wallet either. We didn't go to a vending machine. We borrowed one from a friend, and I had some back at my house... its not rocket science. If you're single, you'll generally have a few at your house. If not, I'm sure a friend would give you one (or their friend would) or you'd use a vending machine. I don't see why you need to over complicate it with these flashing, neon, outdoor vending machines (which by the way, would probably cause a massive amount of vandalism).

And I know now, you're going to go on about the card thing "you take your wallet out blah blah blah". BUT... I don't. Most of my friends dont. We take only 3 cards: Bank, Driving, Student. We take them out of our normal purse, and put them into a small bag.

See the reasoning now? People who aren't going to be prepared won't be MORE prepared by having this card thing. They'll either forget and lose the card, of they won't bother signing up to it.
Reply 79
Original post by Antonia87
.....whats with the constant use of adjectives?

This is an interesting point.

OP When your project gets the go ahead I would suggest reducing adjective use in user guide documentation to ensure it is both concise and formal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending