5) UCL
    6) Warwick
    7) Durham
    8) Edinburgh
    9) Bristol
    10) KCL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    I have no idea what your backstory is, but since you're so determined to show Aberdeen as a top-10 university equal to the likes of Oxbridge I am just going to assume that you missed offers or otherwise were rejected by Oxbridge or some other university which is actually in the top 10.
    Aberdeen is number four in my opinion After Nottingham, Liverpool & Cardiff.

Imperial is number five.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chinaberry)
    Oxford, Cambridge, UCL, Imperial, LSE, KCL, Warwick, St Andrews, Durham, Birmingham ?
    Bristol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dawson2010)
    why the hell are you in every thread promoting aberdeen! Go away!
    He probably thinks by bigging it up on an internet forum mostly full of sixthformers will increase its rankings. What he doesnt know hes making himself look like an idiot and making Aberdeen look bad

(Original post by NGC773)
      And yet with such a great academic enviroment it has a 13.5% drop out (Durham 3.9%) rate whilst boasts being in the top10! Amazing
      I can't speak for every subject, but I know that far too many students achieve first class honours for mathematics in Durham. It has a reputation for being one of the easier courses.

And regarding Aberdeen's drop out rate, you have to remember that it's a Scottish university. It functions under a completely different system to English ones. This works by setting low entrance requirements, and then flushing out the filth by having only those who've achieved good grades in their first two years move onto honours. Being a four year degree, it's also better looked upon in the rest of the world, who consider England's three year degrees to be somewhat dumbed down.

ReputationRep:
      Oxbridge
      UCL
      Warwick
      LSE
      Imperial

who cares about the rest?

On a serious note, there are unis that are good for certain subjects, e.g. Edinburgh for medicine I would very highly respect, but for economics? Unless you are at one of those 6, I would personally (feel free to differ) regard prestige for the particular degree you are doing a lot more than overall prestige.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by adam0311)
      *Fixed*
      1) Cambridge
      2) Oxford
      3) LSE
      4) Imperial
      5) UCL
      6) Warwick
      7) Durham
      8) Edinburgh
      9) Bristol
      10) KCL
      *Fixed*

1) Cambridge
      2) Oxford
      3) LSE
      4) Imp
      5) UCL
      6) Warwick
      7) KCL
      8) Edinburgh
      9) Bristol/Durham
      10) Nottingham/St Andrews

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by RamocitoMorales)
      I can't speak for every subject, but I know that far too many students achieve first class honours for mathematics in Durham. It has a reputation for being one of the easier courses.

And regarding Aberdeen's drop out rate, you have to remember that it's a Scottish university. It functions under a completely different system to English ones. This works by setting low entrance requirements, and then flushing out the filth by having only those who've achieved good grades in their first two years move onto honours. Being a four year degree, it's also better looked upon in the rest of the world, who consider England's three year degrees to be somewhat dumbed down.
      You really are pathetic and inferior, crawl out of aberdeens ass, thankfully If I go there ill try and avoid you.....

ReputationRep:

That maybe what Aberdeen do... but it's not a Scottish University trait to do that.
      Also, I laugh that in your top 10, you made Aberdeen your only Scottish Uni in it implying it is better that St Andrews, Edinburgh, Glasgow etc...
      Also, the fact you have a top ten's rather funny. As you're like "league tables are stupid" and your biased opinions aren't?
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Organ)
      Aberdeen is number four in my opinion After Nottingham, Liverpool & Cardiff.

Imperial is number five.
      :p:

ReputationRep:
      In no paticular order:

Oxford
      Cambridge
      UCL
      Imperial
      LSE
      Manchester
      Warwick
      Bristol
      Aberdeen
      Durham
      So Aberdeen is better than King's.
      Hmm, I respect your clearly disinterested opinion :holmes:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Eloades11)
      oxford, cambridge, imperial college london, university college london, warwick, LSE, Bristol and durham. They're the ones I think(from what I've heard about them) should definately be up the top.

Basically its arguable about the universities between 8-15 for me, but they all have to be in the russell group, not in the russell group then not in the top 10
      York and Durham are not in the Rusell Group...

ReputationRep:
      My dad would kill your dad.

My penis is bigger than your penis.

:nothing:
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Organ)
      My dad would kill your dad.

My penis is bigger than your penis.

:nothing:
      We both know that's not true. :pierre:

ReputationRep:

So if its a top 10 university with such low enterance requirements why dont they have hundreds and hundreds on every course? Aberdeen isnt a top university, its a good uni top 40 but not top 10. And if im honest it isnt very prestigious when you have far better unis in Scotland.

Please stop making Aberdeen look like its full of big headed idiot students

ReputationRep:
      Oxford & Cambridge (interchangeable)
      St Andrews
      LSE
      Imperial
      Durham
      UCL
      Warwick
      Bristol
      KCL? or Manchester? or Birmingham? or York? or Exeter? one of those < (just not Aberdeen)

ReputationRep:
      Depends which course.

ReputationRep:

You're an idiot...it is actually infuriating reading your posts! You're so deluded! Aberdeen is by no means a bad uni, but it DOES not compete with the any of the renowned uni's in england/edinburgh/st.andrews/cardiff

complete uni guide ranks it 44th..i'm not saying league tables are gospel but they are an indicator of the approximate standard of the uni

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Beska)
      We both know that's not true. :pierre:
      Jog on sunshine.

ReputationRep:
      see uni league tables. eg timesonline website have a table. i think it shows a couple of different ways of ranking.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.