Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

hello sexxxiii wanna hook up 2nite??? ;) - the demise of gentlemen Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeNielen)
    god you sound like a bore. if i tried it on i would definitely want a **** on the first date because there sure as hell wouldnt be a second...
    ok but bearing in mind im conservatively dressed and look like a bore, then why would guys like you bother to ask me out in the first place? why not go for the miniskirted fun types who like guys texting them hiya sexxiii!!!bin hawt thinkin of kisin u allday!!lukn fwd to our 1st date 2nite, guna greet u with a long slooow kiss n hold u all nite long!! you foiinnee ;-)) LOLLZZZ

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arekkusu)
    Cripes, is this the sort of thing I'm supposed to be saying to girls? No wonder I've not been getting laid. The worst thing is, these guys are probably like me: they're only doing this kind of thing because they think you, as a girl, will lose interest if they don't come across daring and hypersexual. Sluts are very fickle and unforgiving if you don't give them what they want right away, you see.
    i think you are TOTALLY spot on. but the bit im struggling with is, by the way i am always dressed conservatively in mainly suits and the fact i dont drink, talk intelligently and in a posh way, and am obviously classy, it is beyond me how a guy could think i was the slut type. and once guys realise that i prefer to know someone before i kiss them, and wont offer sex in exchange for a dinner at Nandos, they dont know HOW to date me since most gals give it out pretty fast and then the next dates just involve sex and hanging out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinytoy)
    ok but bearing in mind im conservatively dressed and look like a bore, then why would guys like you bother to ask me out in the first place? why not go for the miniskirted fun types who like guys texting them hiya sexxiii!!!bin hawt thinkin of kisin u allday!!lukn fwd to our 1st date 2nite, guna greet u with a long slooow kiss n hold u all nite long!! you foiinnee ;-)) LOLLZZZ
    Haha, i believe there is a happy medium between chavvy insecure **** and monocle wearing prude. Trying to find that middle ground has been the challenge that men have faced for centuries...

ReputationRep:
    I cringed...

But, then again, if 90% of womankind is going to go for the sort of tactless oaf that would use such phrasing, of course you're going to end up with 'less gentlemen' around. Heck, women won't even look at you as more than a friend if your first words after "What's your name?" aren't "Can I get your number/Want to go get a drink?" -- I know, stereotyping -- so it's understandable that nobody is going to try to use a more tactful approach.

The one girlfriend I've had whilst in Uni probably only fell for me because I went for the 'no nonsense' approach in the end, rather than the arsing about I'd been doing for the entire year before: being a gent got me nowhere; grabbing her and kissing her up against a wall without so much as a second thought got me a night where she hardly left my side, followed by a relationship...which went down the pan a) because of Long Distance issues, and b) because I was far too much of a gent around her.

If women want gentlemen and chivalry, they've got to prove it to us. Right now the proof just says they want someone who will get from "Hi" to "intimate" in as short a time as possible.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I agree!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatatonicStupor)
    ...The one girlfriend I've had whilst in Uni probably only fell for me because I went for the 'no nonsense' approach in the end, rather than the arsing about I'd been doing for the entire year before: being a gent got me nowhere; grabbing her and kissing her up against a wall without so much as a second thought got me a night where she hardly left my side, followed by a relationship...
    Surely that's just a case of making your intentions clear, rather than a case of being ungentlemanly?

ReputationRep:
    i think you are TOTALLY spot on. but the bit im struggling with is, by the way i am always dressed conservatively in mainly suits and the fact i dont drink, talk intelligently and in a posh way, and am obviously classy, it is beyond me how a guy could think i was the slut type. and once guys realise that i prefer to know someone before i kiss them, and wont offer sex in exchange for a dinner at Nandos, they dont know HOW to date me since most gals give it out pretty fast and then the next dates just involve sex and hanging out.
    It's insane, isn't it, surely it's peaking too soon? If you have sex with someone straight away, what do you then do after that? The next dates involve sex and hanging out ... seems monumentally pointless to me.

I don't understand how sex is remotely interesting without any tension and build-up, but I guess in the hedonistic consumer culture anything that's not immediately gratifying is rubbished.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatatonicStupor)
    I cringed...

Right now the proof just says they want someone who will get from "Hi" to "intimate" in as short a time as possible.
    why ?? its like animals, who meet, like the look of each other and shag right away. i can see guys liking this, but what about girls? why???

ReputationRep:
    The problem is, it's usually utter ***** like that who are most successful with girls - the gentlemanly romantic approach works far less frequently.

ReputationRep:
    Length of a skirt correlates with classiness? You're a classy 'gal' ain't you :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    why ?? its like animals, who meet, like the look of each other and shag right away. i can see guys liking this, but what about girls? why???
    As far as potential theories could go: Perhaps some cad and/or bounder took it upon himself to raise a few skirts, thus signalling the demise of the Gentleman who was relegated to the doldrums for being far too much of a prude (flirting, courting, winning Father's favour; what is this!?), while the Rake who replaced him was gallivanting around town in his new Jalopy, giving quickies to anyone who'd bend over...

Still, back on track -- I understand why guys would go from 0 to intimate, because half the time we don't think with head or heart, but with ****. As for why women would agree, or even like it, maybe people are just up for debasing themselves just to satisfy their animal urges?

ReputationRep:
    WTF who talks like that? what kinda guys have you been talking to..ew much?

ReputationRep:
    Aren't you the one who only dates other girl's husbands and boyfriends?

ReputationRep:
    folk

im appalled at the lack of gentlemenliness in todays society.

im a classy gal, all my skirts are below knee length and im always fairly covered, never drunk (teetotal) and virginal. however, this is the third time i have met a dude in a party/bookstore/trainstation and had an intelligent conversation which resulted in him inviting me for dinner.

on all occasions, the dude texts me something like 'hi sexxiii whatcha doin??wanna hang tom nite lolzz? meet 4 dinna yea?? ;-)) xox'. since when does a gentleman ask a lady if she 'wana hang'? since when do you address a classy lady as 'sexxiiii!!!;-))'

another thing i have noticed is dudes are so accustomed to loose moralled gals that they expect some sort of relations on the first date. now i dont usually kiss a dude on the first couple dates, i prefer to know the person well. but some of these guys are so used to gals giving head on date 1 or 2 they come to expect it and if you dont offer it they think you dont like them.

also, even BEFORE the first date, i have had dudes trying to feel out if they will get any action to see if it is a waste of time or not. they text stff like 'lookin fwd 2 c u 2nite, u real hott bin thinkin bout u in my arms all day sexxii ;-)). if i greet u with a long slow kiss is that ok or watt??' being a classy lady, no way am i gonna snog a dude i barely know.

but most dudes think if you spot a good looking dude and he sees a hot girl, you dont need to know each other you should just start shagging since you already like the look of each other. and many gals are that way in this day and age, so alot of guys come to expect that from a gal. and when the gal is a classy lady who dresses modestly and doesnt snog random dudes or offer sex for the price of a dinner in Pizza Express, they dont know how to react and either think you dont like them or are gold-digging.

anyone else notice this? what do you do? are there any gentlemen left or only a bunch of wannabe pimps and PUAs?

EDIT: have met most of these types of men after work or walking around in my lunch hour so i have been wearing marks and spencer business suits (skirts all below the knee length, with black tights and no revealing splits) with pearl necklaces, and hair in a bun. i also carry myself in a classy way and work in tax so do not come across in a disgusting way. also these guys are also not chavs, they seem classy intelligent and educated, most have MBA or LLM and wear suits, and speak properly. it is only after the inital approach they try to go all 'street'on me
    Oh stop looking down on people.. How the hell do you expect to get any guys with that carrot up your rear?

ReputationRep:
    how could any girl like that approach?? who WOULDNT find it offensive and degrading to be referred to as hoooottttt!!! or sexxiii? why would any girl go for this?
    Well namely girls with low self esteem I imagine - you yourself sound like you're quite happy/confidant with yourself & don't need any reassurance to feel attractive or as you put it 'classy'. However I'm sure there are a multitude of girls who don't enjoy the same self confidance & take er 'compliments' like those at face value and would feel flattered by declarations like "u'r sexxiii" and consequently be more inclined to bump uglies :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think the gentleman has vanished.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    im a whore so i dont care

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jismith1989)
    They obviously all think you look like a whore.
    You must know some interesting whores if they dress like that!

ReputationRep:
    folk

im appalled at the lack of gentlemenliness in todays society.

im a classy gal, all my skirts are below knee length and im always fairly covered, never drunk (teetotal) and virginal. however, this is the third time i have met a dude in a party/bookstore/trainstation and had an intelligent conversation which resulted in him inviting me for dinner.

on all occasions, the dude texts me something like 'hi sexxiii whatcha doin??wanna hang tom nite lolzz? meet 4 dinna yea?? ;-)) xox'. since when does a gentleman ask a lady if she 'wana hang'? since when do you address a classy lady as 'sexxiiii!!!;-))'

another thing i have noticed is dudes are so accustomed to loose moralled gals that they expect some sort of relations on the first date. now i dont usually kiss a dude on the first couple dates, i prefer to know the person well. but some of these guys are so used to gals giving head on date 1 or 2 they come to expect it and if you dont offer it they think you dont like them.

also, even BEFORE the first date, i have had dudes trying to feel out if they will get any action to see if it is a waste of time or not. they text stff like 'lookin fwd 2 c u 2nite, u real hott bin thinkin bout u in my arms all day sexxii ;-)). if i greet u with a long slow kiss is that ok or watt??' being a classy lady, no way am i gonna snog a dude i barely know.

but most dudes think if you spot a good looking dude and he sees a hot girl, you dont need to know each other you should just start shagging since you already like the look of each other. and many gals are that way in this day and age, so alot of guys come to expect that from a gal. and when the gal is a classy lady who dresses modestly and doesnt snog random dudes or offer sex for the price of a dinner in Pizza Express, they dont know how to react and either think you dont like them or are gold-digging.

anyone else notice this? what do you do? are there any gentlemen left or only a bunch of wannabe pimps and PUAs?

EDIT: have met most of these types of men after work or walking around in my lunch hour so i have been wearing marks and spencer business suits (skirts all below the knee length, with black tights and no revealing splits) with pearl necklaces, and hair in a bun. i also carry myself in a classy way and work in tax so do not come across in a disgusting way. also these guys are also not chavs, they seem classy intelligent and educated, most have MBA or LLM and wear suits, and speak properly. it is only after the inital approach they try to go all 'street'on me
    the gentlemen times has long disappeared, but a few guys like me doesn't act like those guys you described. we are a rare breed.
    the last date i been on was lovely, i took her to a local italian restaurant that isn't a brand, took her home and that it. we both had a good time, the second date however....

ReputationRep:
    Lol my skirts/shorts are often above the knee, doesn't mean everything is hanging out or that I look like a slut/have everything on offer.

Thank goodness I haven't been spoken to like that by men for a long time... school and college days were full of it though, too many boys runnin around thinking they were thugz, jus chasin that p*ssy with no real idea how to treat a woman. Luckily since I left college the men I have met and been asked out by have generally been pretty respectful - except in clubs, and to be fair, I never really expect to be asked out in a respectful way in a club lol.

My current boyfriend won me over by being respectful etc teehee ... We were friends for a long time before we got together so he knew that any other approach wasn't going to work on me - You want me, you treat me like a human being not a piece of meat. He still treats me 'like a lady' even after 2 years... except when ravishing me during freaky times which I think is the perfect mix LOL.

Edit: Oh and I happen to love it when he says I am sexy via text. Probably because he can actually spell it right lol.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 21, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.